I'm addicted to youtube videos, I know it's a problem, and I don't want to even try to stop

This could just as well be about screen time addiction in general.

Though I make a distinction between watching stuff and social media where you add your own stuff.

Youtube is a mix if you are a commenter on top of watching, which of course I am. 

As said, I am NOT looking for advice on how to cure this addiction. 
So one might ask, what's the point of this topic?

Watching in the background now:

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

In the evenings I catch up on Gutfeld, Maher, Joe Rogan and Jon Stewart with utube. 

Of course youtube is much more than made for youtube content.

It's has regular tv shows, all kinds of movies, news shows, etc.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Which brings me to the topic of youtubers begging for money.

I'm amazed how many people give them money in many cases large amounts.

Good for them, but that's not me.

I gave one youtuber 20 dollars once because he was giving me information of real value to me at the time and he seemed genuinely poor. I would have given more but the guy's conspiracy theory politics were so disgusting to me that I decided against that.

Just entertaining me is not enough to even consider giving.

From my POV, there is an infinite supply of FREE entertainment, so I don't value it so much.

There is currently one guy that I'm actually considering becoming a paying member both because I admire him greatly and also that he offers perks to members that do interest me.

Constantine of Inside Russia.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Plus of course what the algorithm feeds me when it gets me, and over time, it gets me to a creepy level (how I got started with the wrestling). 

getting to creepy levels takes a lot of work. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I prefer facebook and Instagram reels although do use YouTube a fair amount

Youtube has shorts now.

I hate facebook but I join to see business ads.

4 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I'm addicted to youtube videos, I know it's a problem, and I don't want to even try to stop.

OK ,What's the point  of your post?

That's your problem no one else has to know.

I said:

So one might ask, what's the point of this topic?

You asked.

I'm developing a theory that for people with attention deficit disorders the internet is a disaster....So many websites are perfectly designed to exploit that condition...and reek havoc on our lives.

I wish some one with more knowledge than I have would look into this ...and develop some method of mitigating the effect...I m also not convinced that it can't enhance or awaken latent or dormant ADHD 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:37 PM, Jingthing said:

Which brings me to the topic of youtubers begging for money.

I'm amazed how many people give them money in many cases large amounts.

Good for them, but that's not me.

I gave one youtuber 20 dollars once because he was giving me information of real value to me at the time and he seemed genuinely poor. I would have given more but the guy's conspiracy theory politics were so disgusting to me that I decided against that.

Just entertaining me is not enough to even consider giving.

From my POV, there is an infinite supply of FREE entertainment, so I don't value it so much.

There is currently one guy that I'm actually considering becoming a paying member both because I admire him greatly and also that he offers perks to members that do interest me.

Constantine of Inside Russia.

The overuse of the word disgusting by dumb forum people.

This would make a better topic.

6 minutes ago, bwanajohn said:

I'm developing a theory that for people with attention deficit disorders the internet is a disaster....So many websites are perfectly designed to exploit that condition...and reek havoc on our lives.

I wish some one with more knowledge than I have would look into this ...and develop some method of mitigating the effect...I m also not convinced that it can't enhance or awaken latent or dormant ADHD 

It's way beyond that!

Online stuff has made attention deficit disorder the norm particularly in digital native generations.

There is no going back. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Does there need to be a point?

How does that make you feel?

If there's no point, it's pointless, isn't that concerning?

I feel great, you?

All hail the algorithm. I'm done with talking heads milking their futile outrage.  And I pity the OCD scab-pickers here who want more of it.

But to surf from Otis Redding wailing Paiiiin In My Heart to Tom Jones and Janis Joplin barn-burning through Raise Your Hand, to a Haiti docu means that stupid Netflix will have to look elsewhere for their fifteen bucks.

And as Springsteen-er, a search for Bruce -new video's gets a half an hour a week. He's still working hard, not coasting, and is an inspiration to me.

Of course, I'm really looking for new old video's and that barrel is well-scraped by now. The No Nukes Show remains a twice a year fist pumping affirmation.

"It aint no sin to be glad you're alive".