Trump unable to get $464m bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say

Social Media

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

So I am MAGA double agent, huh? As the old New York saying goes (and Judge Engoron is a native New Yorker): Your opinion and a subway token gets you a ride.

No, I simply read your posts and draw my own conclusions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

I see you don’t understand the link.  Most here won’t.  You’re not alone.

I understand it quite well! 

I was just addressing your ridiculous allegation: "Electric Vehicles, China .  Put the dots together like a first grade puzzle" 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candide said:

I understand it quite well! 

I was just addressing your ridiculous allegation: "Electric Vehicles, China .  Put the dots together like a first grade puzzle" 😀

Follow the money.  If you dare.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nudging you back to the topic of discussion; the only person lacking the necessary is Donald J Trump.

He’s somewhere in the order of $464 million short of what’s necessary.

Is it over?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

As noted at length in the Wikipedia link above, it's not like it hasn't been tried multiple times before. But maybe the gent in the link to which you replied suggests that maybe no one before has ever thought of it.

(Again) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_abolition_amendment

Thanks for that, but I amended "small states" to "conservative states".

7 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The attorney general's office argued that the law at issue does not require the existence of victims to be enforceable. They also disputed the notion that there were no victims, saying Trump's bankers were harmed because they could have charged higher interest on loans if they knew his true net worth was lower than he claimed.

Trump's claim that there were no obvious victims, while not helpful for him when presented to Justice Arthur Engoron during the trial, could be a matter of concern for appellate judges.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trumps-civil-fraud-verdict-appeal-may-hinge-no-victims-defense-2024-02-16/

Trump's bankers were harmed because they could have charged higher interest on loans if they knew his true net worth was lower than he claimed.

I don't know if hell exists, but if it does, I hope there is a special category for bankers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Republican led Congressional Investigation did just that.

They spent $millions of tax payers money and came up with a big fat juicy nothing burger.

Meanwhile Trump supporters have absolutely no problem if the money trail to Trump leads all the way back to Russia or Saudi Arabia, so long as the paper work is legal.

And the rest of the story... while congress continues to waste taxpayer dollars... the precedent was set by the demoncratic party and their failed pursuit of two impeachment tries... talk about wasted millions. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
10 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

So I am MAGA double agent, huh? As the old New York saying goes (and Judge Engoron is a native New Yorker): Your opinion and a subway token gets you a ride.

The typical American would say Kate and William who? Sunak who? Is NHS the Japan broadcasting system? And virtually no  American would know what is Northern Soul as in your prior avatar.

I simply read your posts and draw my own conclusions that, for my practical purposes, you are not an American. And I  don't buy your man-of-mystery routine.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
10 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

The typical American would say Kate and William who? Sunak who? Is NHS the Japan broadcasting system? And virtually no  American would know what is Northern Soul as in your prior avatar.

I simply read your posts and draw my own conclusions that, for my practical purposes, you are not an American. And I  don't buy your man-of-mystery routine.

I wonder if he can put up part of his stake in "DJT" (TruthSocial), the total of which is valued at $3.5 Billion today. 

Trump could score $3.5 billion from Truth Social going public. But tapping the money may be tricky.

Former President Donald Trump could soon receive a windfall valued as much as $3.5 billion, with shareholders of a publicly traded funding partner voting Friday on whether to merge with his Trump Media & Technology Group.

The vote is taking place about one month after the two companies received regulatory approval to proceed with the long-delayed merger. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-media-dwac-merger-vote-3-5-billion-lock-up-cbs-news-explains/

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I wonder if he can put up part of his stake in "DJT" (TruthSocial), the total of which is valued at $3.5 Billion today. 

Trump could score $3.5 billion from Truth Social going public. But tapping the money may be tricky.

Former President Donald Trump could soon receive a windfall valued as much as $3.5 billion, with shareholders of a publicly traded funding partner voting Friday on whether to merge with his Trump Media & Technology Group.

The vote is taking place about one month after the two companies received regulatory approval to proceed with the long-delayed merger. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-media-dwac-merger-vote-3-5-billion-lock-up-cbs-news-explains/

Trump's stake is in a private entity, which cannot be traded. I am in a similar situation, and I have no clue what my stake is worth, nor can I extract any benefit from it, until all the steps are completed, and my lockout period ends.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump's stake is in a private entity, which cannot be traded. I am in a similar situation, and I have no clue what my stake is worth, nor can I extract any benefit from it, until all the steps are completed, and my lockout period ends.

I suggest that if the merger is successful Trump Media will become a publicly listed company, and shares, will be tradable on the Nasdaq stock exchange after the 'lock-up provision' possibly under the ticker DJT NFG. 

Edited by LosLobo
  • Haha 1