Thailand is Asia’s leading ice cream exporter

snoop1130

Untitled-design-2.jpg

Thailand is Asia’s largest exporter of ice cream and the world’s fourth largest, after the European Union, the United States and the UK. Last year the value of ice cream exported from Thailand reached US$148.21 million, or 5.1 billion baht, representing an increase of 7.3% year on year.

In January alone, exports of the sweet treat were worth US$9.91 million, a 10.1% growth compared to the same period last year.

Poonpong Naiyanapakorn, director of the Trade Policy and Strategy Office, said today that exports of Thai ice cream have been growing by an average of 12.43% since 2017.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-03-21

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going home next month to the states, I am going to hit my favorite homemade ice cream place, they have their own farm and cows. God I love New England, so many dishes I have been dying for lately, but love the farm made ice cream spot!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Which countries import Thai ice cream. I've had good Thai ice cream, mostly at the Sabushi type places, BBQ's, all you can eat places, etc...

For reference (Google)

Thailand's top five foreign ice cream markets are Malaysia with a 29.5% share, South Korea (11.3%), Vietnam (9.5%), Singapore (6.5%), and Cambodia (6.3%).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference (Google)

Thailand's top five foreign ice cream markets are Malaysia with a 29.5% share, South Korea (11.3%), Vietnam (9.5%), Singapore (6.5%), and Cambodia (6.3%).

No one denies that Thailand exports ice cream. The article is about leading export to Asia. But it confines it to export to southeast Asia. That constraint is likely correct according to your representation (lacking any evidence).

But in terms of the whole of Asia, China is likely as having 30% of world exports of ice cream.

If the Aisan-Pacific region is defined, Japan would be #2 at 16%. Otherwise worldwide in 2023 top ice cream exporters would be in order from #1: China, US, Germany and Japan.

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/exports-by-country/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1