It’s time to get sober.

enough is enough,

alcohol is killing me.

I can’t do this anymore.

It is ruining my life.

my sleep pattern is all over the place right now.

I am mentally exhausted.

I want to get sober But I can’t do it alone.

I need help.

If i go to a doctor and explain my situation to him, will he prescribe me a month course of a benzodiazepine?

I need help for the first 30 days or I will be back to drinking again within 3/4 days.

I don’t want to do that.

I really want help this time.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

Join your local AA.....

I don’t think it’s necessary.

I don’t really want to listen to other addicts talking over their problems.

a month course of a benzo should do the trick.

I want to do it at home with the help of mrs. smith, not other addicts. 

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, bob smith said:

alcohol is killing me.

bob.

Sounds great to me. Do you promise to take GG with you too? 😘

Benzos can be dependency forming, especially after consistent use. If you have an addictive personality then after 30 days you could be hooked on those too. Bad idea. 

Best thing is switch to some non-alcoholic beer to still get the sensation of drinking. Heineken sells a non-alcoholic beer in Thailand I believe. Then smoke some weed with it to relax you and make you sleepy. Done. 

Or just find another distraction. A hobby. Learn a language, start exercising regularly, or do something productive to fill the time that you would normally spend drinking.

You also need to be self assuring that you got this. That it won't be difficult, etc. If you assume it will be hard to quit then it only will make it harder. Truth is it's not hard at all if you really want to do it. 

Best wishes...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hokeus said:

Sounds great to me. Do you promise to take GG with you too? 😘

Benzos can be dependency forming, especially after consistent use. If you have an addictive personality then after 30 days you could be hooked on those too. Bad idea. 

Best thing is switch to some non-alcoholic beer to still get the sensation of drinking. Heineken sells a non-alcoholic beer in Thailand I believe. Then smoke some weed with it to relax you and make you sleepy. Done. 

Or just find another distraction. A hobby. Learn a language, start exercising regularly, or do something productive to fill the time that you would normally spend drinking.

You also need to be self assuring that you got this. That it won't be difficult, etc. If you assume it will be hard to quit then it only will make it harder. Truth is it's not hard at all if you really want to do it. 

Best wishes...

I wont get hooked on benzos if the doctor prescribes me just enough for a month.

After the month is over i wont be out looking to buy any. It is almost imposible to buy them OTC these days in Thailand anyway.

bob.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

It’s time to get sober 

I am mentally

hallelujah, wahoo, hip-hip huzza rah-rah, three cheers, yippee🎉🥳🪅

It's about bloody time, I'm fed up with your blathering, babbling, drunken postings. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I wont get hooked on benzos if the doctor prescribes me just enough for a month.

After the month is over i wont be out looking to buy any. It is almost imposible to buy them OTC these days in Thailand anyway.

bob.

Still doesn't matter. It isn't the solution. It won't work. Benzos are not some magical elixir. The non-alcoholic beer and weed combo I mentioned will work much better and you can get and consume as much of it as you want and for as long as you need to. No doctor required. 

7 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

hallelujah, wahoo, hip-hip huzza rah-rah, three cheers, yippee🎉🥳🪅

It's about bloody time, I'm fed up with your blathering, babbling, drunken postings. 

Ok.

bob.

• Confused 1

Just now, Hokeus said:

Still doesn't matter. It isn't the solution. It won't work. Benzos are not some magical elixir. The non-alcoholic beer and weed combo I mentioned will work much better and you can get and consume as much of it as you want and for as long as you need to. No doctor required. 

I dont like weed.

Its benzos or bust for me.

bob.

18 minutes ago, bob smith said:

bob.

To me it sounds like you're more interested in figuring out how to get your hands on some benzodiazepines rather than making a meaningful effort to stop drinking. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I dont like weed.

Its benzos or bust for me.

bob.

Go see a psychiatrist at a hospital. They might give it to you if you are able to convince them it's a good idea. But you haven't managed to convince me it's a good idea for an angry alcoholic to get hooked on Valium too. So good luck trying to convince a professional. Your only fooling yourself. 

14 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Ok.

bob.

This is actually good news for all AN members and yourself. 

I often read your negative postings regarding Thailand and Thai's, about your daily life challenges on outings etc. 

Alcohol is a depressant, which can disrupt the balance of neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) in your brain and affect your feelings, thoughts and behaviour. 

I'm sure once you have dried out your sleep and eating patterns will become normal and we will see a much nicer person.

Good luck with your rehabilitation. 🤞

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

8 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm sure once you have dried out your sleep and eating patterns will become normal and we will see a much nicer person.

I wouldn't hold your breath. His unwillingness to take any other approach other than switching to Valiums suggests he is more likely to end up with 2 dependencies rather than just the 1 he has now. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

I don’t think it’s necessary.

a month course of a benzo should do the trick.

I want to do it at home with the help of mrs. smith, not other addicts. 

bob.

I have an alcoholic friend, doesn't want to go to AA, but repeatedly fails at giving up and is boring as he talks about it every day, very repetitive, probably will be dead in a few years max

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

enough is enough,

alcohol is killing me.

I can’t do this anymore.

It is ruining my life.

my sleep pattern is all over the place right now.

I am mentally exhausted.

I want to get sober But I can’t do it alone.

I need help.

If i go to a doctor and explain my situation to him, will he prescribe me a month course of a benzodiazepine?

I need help for the first 30 days or I will be back to drinking again within 3/4 days.

I don’t want to do that.

I really want help this time.

Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

bob.

I don't see one good reason listed here in your little write up to stop the drinking. So stop the whinging. It's been a blessing and FFS it has done wonders for you! Just add in the benzodiazepines, fantastic idea, and a bit of meth, and then you'll be rockin'. New and improved bob smith FUBAR 2.0! 

1 hour ago, Hokeus said:

Go see a psychiatrist at a hospital. They might give it to you if you are able to convince them it's a good idea. But you haven't managed to convince me it's a good idea for an angry alcoholic to get hooked on Valium too. So good luck trying to convince a professional. Your only fooling yourself. 

He asks for help and then immediately says he knows exactly what he plans on doing.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Nobody likes a quitter. Grow a pair and have a beer.

He, s got a pair but there full of sawdust, thats his real problem, (non root) cause! Speaking bad thai in coffee shops is a symptom! 

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

But its fine for you to sit on here and expect everyone to listen to yours?

Once you work out you dont need to be the centre of attention, your issues will improve.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, bob smith said:

It's benzos or bust for me.

bob.

Seriously, in your OP you said "I want to get sober But I can’t do it alone. I need help." and then 2 minutes later you say you need "benzos or bust".

Any half intelligent person will surmise you aren't really trying to quit drinking, but simply to get help finding a new source of benzodiazepines because your regular supplier dried up. You don't have to be Einstein to do the math on that one bro. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Respectfully, I'm not sure why you are posting, seems you have made up your mind what you need to do to help yourself.

I will offer this. If you are a real alcoholic you've most likely lost the ability to control your drinking yourself. That is how AA describes alcoholism. The inability to leave booze alone for very long no matter how great the reason or urge.

An alcoholic is someone who wants to give it up, knows they have to give it up, has every reason to give it up, can give it up for a little while, maybe a week, two weeks, a few months but then goes back to it with the same or worse consequences. If you are a drinker of that class then you are probably alcoholic and trying to stay away from drink will just eventually lead to a drink again. Go to any good AA meeting and most all real alcoholics will attest to this fact. Real alcoholics can't stay away from it very long on their own will power or self discipline. 

if you manage to stop and stay stop by taking the benzos for a month to "dry out" and then can get off the benzos and stay stopped using your own self discipline then great! .. but if you find you relapse again into drinking you may be a "true" alcoholic or a "real" alcoholic as AA describes the illness. If that be the case then you may very well have the same illness I do. Alcoholism.

I found recovery from alcoholism by going to AA meetings, and doing the 12 steps of AA using a sponsor who used the AA text book which gives instructions on how stay sober the AA way. That book is called Alcoholics Anonymous and can be found in PDF or audio version on the official AA website. https://aa.org. If you find you cannot stop drinking once you start or cannot give it up entirely even though you honestly want to you are probably alcoholic and AA has a way to recover.

if you find you cannot stop on your own methods then AA is available to help. If you want the help don't hesitate to reach out. AA meetings for expats are available here in Thailand.. some are better than others. I prefer the daily online AA noon meetings found at https://aathailand.info 

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 4:17 AM, Hokeus said:

Wat Tham Krabok!

Wat Tham Krabok also supports the detoxification of those addicted to alcohol and methamphetamines:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Tham_Krabok

Are you a THC user? someone who uses drugs probably ought not dole out advice on how to quit a drug. Wat Tham Krabok is pretty extreme .. it does not have a great track record though.. It's more like a detox than anything else.. for long term recovery AA seems to be the best game in town .. I'm 31 years clean and sober using the 12 step program and attend meetings a few times a week. It saved my life ... literally.

Edited by StandardIssue