Picture of Israeli soldier holding Thai flag causes a stir

webfact

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I see no point in discussing semantics.... the killing of little girls in 'precision attacks; is bad enough. 

The difference between murder and lawful death is not semantics, its a legal fact that makes all the difference

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The difference between murder and lawful death is not semantics, its a legal fact that makes all the difference

You call the murder/killing of these children 'lawful deaths'..... what a world you and Adolph Netanyahu live in!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You call the murder/killing of these children 'lawful deaths'..... what a world you and Adolph Netanyahu live in!

I live in the real world but then you obviously never looked up the IHL reference I gave you. Unlike you who claim its murder.

The Lawful Killing of Civilians Under International Humanitarian Law

https://www.e-ir.info/2022/05/27/the-lawful-killing-of-civilians-under-international-humanitarian-law

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I live in the real world but then you obviously never looked up the IHL reference I gave you. Unlike you who claim its murder.

https://www.e-ir.info/2022/05/27/the-lawful-killing-of-civilians-under-international-humanitarian-law

It also says ,' the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime'.....

anyhow, we go nowhere with this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

It also says ,' the deliberate targeting of civilians is a war crime'.....

anyhow, we go nowhere with this!

Can you provide a link to where they deliberately targeted the grandchildren? That's you making things up again:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Can you provide a link to where they deliberately targeted the grandchildren? That's you making things up again:

Are you claiming they did not know who was in the vehicle and it was not a precision attack as you said prior? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Are you claiming they did not know who was in the vehicle and it was not a precision attack as you said prior? 

You are not getting this are you. You claimed it was murder, you cannot back it up. Once the rules for the lawful killing in war are given to you, then you are still in denial.

Even if they new which has no credible link they did, then it would still not be illegal as it depends on proportionality as defined in Rue 14. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You are not getting this are you. You claimed it was murder, you cannot back it up. Once the rules for the lawful killing in war are given to you, then you are still in denial.

Even if they new which has no credible link they did, then it would still not be illegal as it depends on proportionality as defined in Rue 14. 

I suppose it is all justifiable then....

'kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

• Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

I suppose it is all justifiable then....

'kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

That's you saying that not me, here is what the experts say:

Israel has not created a gold standard in civilian harm mitigation in war. That implies there is a standard in civilian casualties in war that is acceptable or not acceptable; that zero civilian deaths in war is remotely possible and should be the goal; that there is a set civilian-to-combatant ratio in war no matter the context or tactics of the enemy. But all available evidence shows that Israel has followed the laws of war, legal obligations, best practices in civilian harm mitigation and still found a way to reduce civilian casualties to historically low levels.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-has-created-new-standard-urban-warfare-why-will-no-one-admit-it-opinion-1883286

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Actually it is a quote......

lol, you posted a quote, I posted an article from an expert.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's you saying that not me, here is what the experts say:

Israel has not created a gold standard in civilian harm mitigation in war. That implies there is a standard in civilian casualties in war that is acceptable or not acceptable; that zero civilian deaths in war is remotely possible and should be the goal; that there is a set civilian-to-combatant ratio in war no matter the context or tactics of the enemy. But all available evidence shows that Israel has followed the laws of war, legal obligations, best practices in civilian harm mitigation and still found a way to reduce civilian casualties to historically low levels.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-has-created-new-standard-urban-warfare-why-will-no-one-admit-it-opinion-1883286

• Like 1

ol, you posted a quote, I posted an article from an expert.

Some take the source very seriously..... to justify precision attacks on children. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Some take the source very seriously..... to justify precision attacks on children. 

It's the difference between murder and lawful killing. Yes serious stuff.

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In your world you live one sided idealistic rhetorical reality. The rest of us live in a world with multiple views and multiple solutions. 

The Israelis have given themselves a larger burden than life for generations, and continues to be a hated nation. 

There is very little empathy left world wide for them, even we have the 7. October back in mind. 

You continue to post repetitive propaganda from 7. October, while others who live in the other reality, know this was daily life for the palestinians, where they constantly was targets for Israeli settlers, guards and security personnel. 

Gaza was an open air jail where they had no jurisdiction or freedom, and 65% lived under poverty line 40% was unemployed. Median age at 17 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/gaza-strip-controls-s-know-rcna119405

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In your world you live one sided idealistic rhetorical reality. The rest of us live in a world with multiple views and multiple solutions. 

The Israelis have given themselves a larger burden than life for generations, and continues to be a hated nation. 

There is very little empathy left world wide for them, even we have the 7. October back in mind. 

You continue to post repetitive propaganda from 7. October, while others who live in the other reality, know this was daily life for the palestinians, where they constantly was targets for Israeli settlers, guards and security personnel. 

Gaza was an open air jail where they had no jurisdiction or freedom, and 65% lived under poverty line 40% was unemployed. Median age at 17 years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/gaza-strip-controls-s-know-rcna119405

I live in the world where fact trump speculation. But noted you define facts as propaganda. Weak. Very weak. As is your link which has nothing to do with my post.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I live in the world where fact trump speculation. But noted you define facts as propaganda. Weak. Very weak. As is your link which has nothing to do with my post.

It is related to my answer. One sided facts only, where you only see the suffering you want to see, as they want you to see it. Unbalanced propagandists is the right word, when it is one of the greates human tragedy this century that could have been avoided if the Israelis wanted peace.

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is related to my answer. One sided facts only, where you only see the suffering you want to see, as they want you to see it. Unbalanced propagandists is the right word, when it is one of the greates human tragedy this century that could have been avoided if the Israelis wanted peace.

It is related to my answer. One sided facts only

No, its pure deflection to the incident that happened a few days ago. There are only one set of facts by the way.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is related to my answer. One sided facts only

No, its pure deflection to the incident that happened a few days ago. There are only one set of facts by the way.

And you claim you have the facts, we know that, we know your agenda, we know your emotionally emphasis is only with the Israeli, but thats not how the world sees it. 

The world see it differently, where as I said, all this could have been avoided if the Israelis wanted peace. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Hummin said:

And you claim you have the facts, we know that, we know your agenda, we know your emotionally emphasis is only with the Israeli, but thats not how the world sees it. 

The world see it differently, where as I said, all this could have been avoided if the Israelis wanted peace. 

And you claim you have the facts, we know that, we know your agenda,

Yes anti terrorist and the truth, now go and talk about history where it belongs:

Why Did Hamas Attack Israel on Oct 7th 2023 a Historical Perspective

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324728-why-did-hamas-attack-israel-on-oct-7th-2023-a-historical-perspective

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Your post is so well written I have nominated it for The Booker Prize! 

The "greatest human tragedy this century" would not have happened had the Palestinians had not attacked Israel! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Although precision  attacks on Children haven't happened  , just like your imaginary settler attacks in Gaza, they never happened either , there were no settlers in Gaza , let alone them carrying out any attacks 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

And you claim you have the facts, we know that, we know your agenda,

Yes anti terrorist and the truth, now go and talk about history where it belongs:

Why Did Hamas Attack Israel on Oct 7th 2023 a Historical Perspective

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324728-why-did-hamas-attack-israel-on-oct-7th-2023-a-historical-perspective

Then, back to topic then? Israeli holding a Thai flag? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Your post is so well written I have nominated it for The Booker Prize! 

The "greatest human tragedy this century" would not have happened had the Palestinians had not attacked Israel! 

Cant help it, tragedies always have two sides, same as this conflict it doesnt take much effort to discover not everything is black and white, at least for normal thinking people.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There does ned to be a study done .

Why do Palestinian supporters often speak on the Worlds behalf and also keep mentioning Children ? 

"The Whole World thinks" blah blah blah 

"Children" and various things, often imaginary, happening to them 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Cant help it, tragedies always have two sides, same as this conflict it doesnt take much effort to discover not everything is black and white, at least for normal thinking people.

When you say "normal people" are you including yourself in that veiled insult, normal people realise none of this would be happening had the Palestians not crossed the line of barbarism!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Then, back to topic then? Israeli holding a Thai flag? 

In solidarity with the Thais who were murdered and kidnapped with some still being held hostage?

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There does ned to be a study done .

Why do Palestinian supporters often speak on the Worlds behalf and also keep mentioning Children ? 

"The Whole World thinks" blah blah blah 

"Children" and various things, often imaginary, happening to them 

Again, who says Im a supporter? Doesnt need to be supporter to see two sides of a tragedy. Mentioned many times before. But doesnt seem to cope with single minded thinking. 

I have no problem to understand why this is happening and the equal hate against each other. It is mostly you three represented here, that thinks the world functioning with single sided views. 

The world do not recognize Israels borders, the new settlements or the latest war against the civilians at Gaza, and thats a fact for you three. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

When you say "normal people" are you including yourself in that veiled insult, normal people realise none of this would be happening had the Palestians not crossed the line of barbarism!

Sadly Israel has followed them back over it in their retribution.. and then some. 

• Thumbs Up 1