Picture of Israeli soldier holding Thai flag causes a stir

webfact

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Easy, the ones fighting from tunnels, hospitals, schools and anywhere else there are civilians to use as human shields

I don't agree..read the Bible for example... they always were at war and will be...some only defend their country/land

4 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Just one more thing : Israel is in no way above criticism , and to call someone an ' antisemite ' because he , or she , dares to critizise Israel , is not correct .

No one has been called an anti Semite though , just for criticising Israel 

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Hamas! HTH 🥴

Surely not  I suppose you read the Bible the Old books as Exodus following.. than you can see who already for thousands of years claim the country that is not theirs 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Surely not  I suppose you read the Bible the Old books as Exodus following.. than you can see who already for thousands of years claim the country that is not theirs 

Here endeth the sermon!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't agree..read the Bible for example... they always were at war and will be...some only defend their country/land

Read the Bible.......🤣

I don't care if you believe me. It's facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

Only 17,000 untargeted civilians dead in Gaza. That's okay then. Against 1,139 killed in the Hamas attack. I'm sure Israel is thrilled with your support.

Its a war, civilians get killed in all wars .

Do you expect Israel to any different to every other Country ?

The enemy combatant/civilian death ration is very low , some claim to be the lowest on record , that is the number of civilian killed compared to enemy combatants .

The ration is often 4 civilians killed to one enemy combatant 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Only 17,000 untargeted civilians dead in Gaza. That's okay then. Against 1,139 killed in the Hamas attack. I'm sure Israel is thrilled with your support.

Read what the experts in urban warfare say:

Israel Implemented More Measures to Prevent Civilian Casualties Than Any Other Nation in History | Opinion

The reality is that when it comes to avoiding civilian harm, there is no modern comparison to Israel's war against Hamas. Israel is not fighting a battle like Fallujah, Mosul, or Raqqa; it is fighting a war involving synchronous major urban battles. No military in modern history has faced over 30,000 urban defenders in more than seven cities using human shields and hiding in hundreds of miles of underground networks purposely built under civilian sites, while holding hundreds of hostages.

Despite the unique challenges Israel faces in its war against Hamas, it has implemented more measures to prevent civilian casualties than any other military in history.

https://www.newsweek.com/israel-implemented-more-measures-prevent-civilian-casualties-any-other-nation-history-opinion-1865613

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So, wheres you proof that 30 000 civilians have been killed ?

30 000 killed , about 13 000 Hamas members and the rest civilians 

That's war for you, don't like it don't star one, but if you do please Hamas stop making up nonsense about 'genocide' or 50k babies being blown up etc

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Excogitator said:

Put that flag away boy. There will be no genocide on behalf of the tolerant and peaceful people of Thailand. And a genocide it is. What is going on in Palestine now has nothing to do with self defence, it is ethnic cleansing, and if you are defending it then you are no better than the wehrmacht during ww2, or putins butcherers in Ukraine.

Sort of, Thailand let the Japanese walk in during WWII, our prisoners of war were held in Thailand.......😉

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Young Israeli tourists in Thailand have been some of the most obnoxius and entitled folk it's ever been my displeasure to observe. It seems to be a rite of passage rather like the IDF.

Get your PLO flag out!😆

Obviously, a Hamas card-carrying member.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How do you know how many killed are civilians and how many are Hamas fighters?

All the numbers coming out of Gaza is Hamas bs, no doubt many civilians killed but how many ? And how many killed by Israel and how many by Hamas themselves ?

13000 Hamas fighters Is an estimation of US and Israel, it is not the factual number.

It is a no doubt ugly war, however Hamas are 100% responsible , and they are responsible for civilian deaths even assuming they are not using civilians as human shields. 

facts 

1. Hamas started the war

2. Hamas never made any provisions or took any steps to protect its population , not a single bob shelter was built.

3. Hamas fighting war within civilian populace, they have not formed battalions to face IDF head on but hiding in residential areas 

4 Hamas leadership are worth 3-4 BILLION dollars each and yet not only all living outside in luxury but have not donated any of their ill gotten money, expecting and demanding for everyone else to pay 

5. Hamas brought on catastrophe on its people and yet they are still making demands for a ceasefire

Probably photoshopped. Why would an Israeli soldier hold a Thai flag? it makes no sense. To begin with HOW would a soldier get a Thai flag in Gaza to begin with? I wouldn't know how to get a Thai flag in Israel even with free movement - but a soldier confined to service in Gaza? unlikely.

More likely is that it's an Israeli flag, and the <deleted> who twitted it photoshopped it, in line with the Palestinian propaganda machine - lying is no problem for them as long as it's in line with "the cause".

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Probably photoshopped. Why would an Israeli soldier hold a Thai flag? it makes no sense. To begin with HOW would a soldier get a Thai flag in Gaza to begin with? I wouldn't know how to get a Thai flag in Israel even with free movement - but a soldier confined to service in Gaza? unlikely.

More likely is that it's an Israeli flag, and the <deleted> who twitted it photoshopped it, in line with the Palestinian propaganda machine - lying is no problem for them as long as it's in line with "the cause".

Perhaps sent to them by grateful Thai family or person....:clap2:

• Haha 1

The powers that be here (lol) will likely be up in arms at this picture because little boy Putin could find out and tell them off, or more than likely because the Thai flag is not held above the dude's head.