Rival Gaza protests in London seethed with mutual animosity - and angry divides

image.png

The streets of London became a battleground of ideologies as rival protests over the Gaza conflict clashed, providing stark evidence of deep-seated divisions and animosity. Never before had the opposing sides, with their starkly contrasting views, been so physically proximate, amplifying the intensity of their confrontations.

As the pro-Palestinian marchers surged forward along the Strand, their drums reverberating and megaphones blaring, they were met with a striking sight: a line of Israeli flags held aloft by counter-protesters. The atmosphere crackled with tension as boos and obscene gestures flew between the two factions, separated only by a thin line of police officers.

Amidst the cacophony of chants and slogans, one phrase stood out: "From the River to the Sea." To some, it represented a simple plea for freedom, but to others, it carried the ominous undertone of Israel's destruction. This chant, directed at those bearing the blue Star of David mere feet away, underscored the gravity of the ideological chasm that divided the demonstrators.

While the encounter remained largely non-violent, save for minor skirmishes, it was unmistakably charged with mutual animosity. The pro-Israeli counter-protesters, vastly outnumbered by the throngs of pro-Palestinian demonstrators, expressed a sense of unease and vulnerability amidst the sea of opposing voices.

“I fully support Hamas. They are resisting occupation, just like the French did against the Germans”

"It's really quite scary," remarked one woman draped in an Israeli flag, who identified herself as Davina. She recounted an alleged incident where a pro-Palestinian protester made a threatening gesture, heightening the atmosphere of fear and apprehension among the counter-protesters. Despite their numerical disadvantage, they remained steadfast in their determination to make their voices heard and advocate for their cause.

The clashes in London served as a poignant reminder of the enduring rifts and bitter divisions surrounding the Israel-Palestine conflict. With tensions running high and emotions raw, it appears unlikely that reconciliation or resolution will come swiftly to these deeply entrenched adversaries.

Source

image.png

And as the hate fuelled demonstrator is arrested and carted off he is still chanting "I fully support Hamas" an illegal terrorist organisation that embraces raping, torturing and murdering almost anybody they can lay their hands on, not just Israelis. I'm sure some posters on here share his values........none! 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

And as the hate fuelled demonstrator is arrested and carted off he is still chanting "I fully support Hamas" an illegal terrorist organisation that embraces raping, torturing and murdering almost anybody they can lay their hands on, not just Israelis. I'm sure some posters on here share his values........none! 

The smile on his face is sickening. Whatever the penalty is for this crime it wont be enough for him.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Four people arrested after more than 200,000 people attend pro-Palestine London protest.

The Met said officers arrested one man on the Strand in relation to inviting support for a proscribed organisation.

Three further arrests were made at the march – one person was arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and two others were arrested on suspicion of causing harassment, alarm and distress.

https://www.itv.com/news/london/2024-03-30/man-arrested-on-suspicion-of-terror-offence-at-pro-palestinian-protest

6 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The vile statement he made that he supported Hamas ended up with him now being charged under section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000 inviting support for a proscribed organisation. I bit of jail time for him I hope. The others who surrounded the police van to try and stop him being taken away should have been carted of too. 

image.png.71e3e0ad65e250deb0edfac3266b5b52.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/30/gaza-protesters-police-terror-suspect-arrest-london/

https://archive.ph/nUMBJ

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The blokes a fruitcake........

The law should show all what happens to these nutters..🤔

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2024 at 6:57 AM, Social Media said:

“I fully support Hamas. They are resisting occupation, just like the French did against the Germans”

The Germans removed Jews from their land, just like what the Palestinians are doing or were trying to do 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Those questions were way about the Policemans  pay grade .

The Policeman just wants to stand there and drink of cup of tea and think about which food bank to take his girlfriend to that night 

• Like 1

I think it might be safe to say that the Met Police under the leadership of Mark Rowley has totally lost the plot. 

The same officer that said that Swastikas were not necessarily offensive was seen telling some young lads that carrying the English national flag was offensive. 🙁

• Like 1

Meanwhile an idiot did the same carrying a pro-Hamas sign at a protest in South Yorkshire. Went to court and was issued with a fine and has refused to pay. Hope he gets his just reward and lands up in jail.

A trial at City of London Magistrates' Court found him guilty of displaying the sign in such a way as to arouse reasonable suspicion he was a member or supporter of a proscribed organisation.

But on Tuesday, he told the judge he was "not going to pay" the £1,000 fine.

She gave him seven days to make the payment in full.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-68714970.amp

image.png.fdcf3dad2d5d6d0e971abfe2ba8cdf6a.png

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

UK: Jewish group blocks entrance to Foreign Office to demand end to Israeli arms sales
Naamod also called on Britain to reverse its decision to defund UN agency for Palestinian refugees, Unrwa

Naa’mod placed tents and banners alongside other Jewish groups calling for a ceasefire and demand an end to arms sales to Israel.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-jewish-group-blocks-entrance-foreign-office-demand-end-israeli-arms-sales

NaamodPROTEST.jpeg?itok=cYsE6oxH

• Confused 1

Quite right to. Far too much leniency shown by police.

Met must arrest more ‘thugs’ at pro-Palestine marches, says Tory mayoral candidate

The Metropolitan Police must make more arrests at pro-Palestinian protests because “thugs” are getting away with “utterly unacceptable” behaviour, the Conservative candidate for London mayor has said.
Susan Hall said she was “concerned” that officers are failing to “enforce the law” because they do not feel “emboldened enough to go and do their job properly”.
Laying blame for the issue at the feet of Sadiq Khan, she claimed that the mayor of London “sets the tone” for policing but was “soft on crime”.

https://archive.ph/zp1hu

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Quite right to. Far too much leniency shown by police.

Met must arrest more ‘thugs’ at pro-Palestine marches, says Tory mayoral candidate

The Metropolitan Police must make more arrests at pro-Palestinian protests because “thugs” are getting away with “utterly unacceptable” behaviour, the Conservative candidate for London mayor has said.
Susan Hall said she was “concerned” that officers are failing to “enforce the law” because they do not feel “emboldened enough to go and do their job properly”.
Laying blame for the issue at the feet of Sadiq Khan, she claimed that the mayor of London “sets the tone” for policing but was “soft on crime”.

https://archive.ph/zp1hu

Good job Susan Hall has about as much chance of becoming Mayor of London as I do.

From the current Mayor's spokesman, featured at the end of the piece:

A spokesman for Mr Khan said: “Sadiq is spending record amounts on the Met, including an additional £151 million in this year’s budget for policing and crime prevention. Sadiq has now doubled the amount of funding he’s given to the police since becoming mayor. He has also funded the recruitment of 1.300 new police officers.
“By contrast his Tory opponent, Susan Hall, has strongly backed the Conservative government’s cuts of more than £1 billion to the Met and youth services since 2010. She has furthermore suggested police misconduct against women should be dealt with behind closed doors and is solely down to a few ‘bad ‘uns’ and ‘wrong ‘uns’ in police ranks.
“The mayor has no operational control over the police and any marches can only be banned by the Home Secretary – something the Tory candidate either knows full well, or should do.”

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Good job Susan Hall has about as much chance of becoming Mayor of London as I do.

From the current Mayor's spokesman, featured at the end of the piece:

A spokesman for Mr Khan said: “Sadiq is spending record amounts on the Met, including an additional £151 million in this year’s budget for policing and crime prevention. Sadiq has now doubled the amount of funding he’s given to the police since becoming mayor. He has also funded the recruitment of 1.300 new police officers.
“By contrast his Tory opponent, Susan Hall, has strongly backed the Conservative government’s cuts of more than £1 billion to the Met and youth services since 2010. She has furthermore suggested police misconduct against women should be dealt with behind closed doors and is solely down to a few ‘bad ‘uns’ and ‘wrong ‘uns’ in police ranks.
“The mayor has no operational control over the police and any marches can only be banned by the Home Secretary – something the Tory candidate either knows full well, or should do.”

That I doubt

"There has been significant criticism of the Met’s handling of the events. Placards bearing anti-Semitic slogans and imagery are often spotted on the marches, while protesters have also used controversial chants such as “from the river to the sea”, which some people interpret as a call for the destruction of Israel as a state.
‘Use the powers’
In recent weeks, Rishi Sunak has urged officers to “use the powers” they have to maintain public confidence and “not merely manage these protests, but police them”.

No surprise at this, :saai: I bet the protestors would celebrate if they knew

Charity bankrolling London Ramadan lights funded extremism-linked group

The charity that funded London’s Ramadan lights is bankrolling a media watchdog run by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), which is boycotted by the government over its alleged links to extremism, the JC can reveal.

The MCB’s current deputy chief praised Hamas’s founder during a visit to Gaza as a “holy warrior” and has hosted a cleric who compared Jews to pigs and monkeys.

The charity, the Aziz Foundation, also supports an “Islamophobia Response Unit” that was originally set up by Muslim Engagement and Development (Mend), a campaign group accused in the Commons of extremism.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/charity-bankrolling-london-ramadan-lights-funded-extremism-linked-group-fs4f2xg6

• Like 2

Another one due in London today. This one should never be allowed. I just hope the police have zero tolerance to the terrorist apologists that will be there today.

Met facing calls to cancel notorious pro-Iran Islamist Quds Days rally in London

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324163-met-facing-calls-to-cancel-notorious-pro-iran-islamist-quds-days-rally-in-london/

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:57 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Hamas is a muslim hate and terror organization... they even terrorize the Palestinians

Is that a reason to wipe out the entire Gazan population?

Jeez,

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Is that a reason to wipe out the entire Gazan population?

Jeez,

Their choice to allow the infestation of the hamas... when one pig gets the flu... the entire pig pen of pigs with that one pig has to be eradicated to save the rest of the world's pigs 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...