Thai Officials Announce "Innovative" Expat Health Measure

webfact

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

How does freedom of speech correlate with wearing a seatbelt?

Romans 12

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—to be unrestrained.

God tells me I do not have to wear my seat belt. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, sletraveler said:

I can see the rationale for heavily encouraging pm2.5 due to the filthy cancer causing air.

They're either too thick to think of that, or perhaps they refrain from encouraging it because they understand it would reveal the extent of the poor air quality.
I suspect the latter... :coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Goat said:

Ah the irony. 

People with low IQs just believe everything they are fed, without questioning sources or dates. 

They are suckers. And unfortunately they have a voice, and we have to hear their uninformed opinions.

As you have just shown us.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

As you have just shown us.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

So will you be following the new guidelines for farangs to wear masks in Thailand or not? 

It is a simple question. Yes or no.?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'll say, a stupid, knee jerk idea, not only 'raising' but it's rather annoying and out of place, I for one think that this

is a clear discrimination against tourists, why not make Thai people wear masks as well? are they immuned

from bringing or carrying the disease in? and why only in holiday spots and not in major cities?

how odd will it look to see foreignness wearing masks and locals not? and whey don't they

give it at the airports rather than at the holiday spots?...

Don't worry. Thais never removed their masks. Just go for a walk in any mall. Tops staff still required to wear one, 75-80% of Thai customers voluntarily wearing one or they never got the message that mask wearing was made voluntary 2 years ago. 

• Confused 1

7 pages in a few hours - wow - touchy touchy over-sensitives (and stirrers having a laugh) me thinks.

Thailand is rife with idiots in authority making idiotic over-reaching statements to get into the media - just look at the PM.

Dont take them seriously is my advice and have a good laugh at them - that is what the Thais do (they just do it very quietly).

Thailand is the Global Hub of idiotic Government ideas that are published in the media (because criticising what is said by a Government authority person will get the Editor sued for defamation). 

19 Shooting Yourself In The Foot Stock Photos, High-Res Pictures, and  Images - Getty Images

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

It's not nasty or  derogatory when it's simply factual. It's widely recognized that critical thinking skills are not emphasized in the Thai education system.

Indeed - thinking critically means being critical and that is not allowed in Thailand and most SEAsian countries

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kaopad999 said:

It's not nasty or  derogatory when it's simply factual. It's widely recognized that critical thinking skills are not emphasized in the Thai education system.

Oh dear.

But who is the fool?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You need to read my post again - the only ones I called idiots are the Thai govt authority person making this statement.

Over sensitive? 

What is his name?

And from which govt authority?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2