Thai Officials Announce "Innovative" Expat Health Measure

webfact

What the actual ****? Racist much? Hope Thailand gets NO tourists, at all, this is just a re-run of 2019-2020 when too many tourists = price gouging, and now "dirty foreigners" talk again. And meanwhile in Nana plaza they're talking about raising bar fines to 6k a pop - absolutely insane and stupid. Moving to Pattaya, screw you Bangkok with the stupid prices.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Presnock said:

pollution levels are reported daily/hourly throughout Thailand by at least "accuweather (locality)"  - the north has been reported in news media at world leading numbers. This mornings TNN news at  0600 reported that one could not see CM city from Doi Suthep overlooking the city due to smog.  News medie daily show map of Thailand with pollution totals and in almost all areas the readings are above the healthy level.  I have a 2.5 micron meter and in my area of Bangkok the readings have been above the healthy level almost every day for the past few months including all of last week.  Before it rained last week, the readings were in the 50's and afterwards over a 100!  google "masks and pollution" and you can read about the studies that confirm that quality n95 masks can block the 2.5 microns.  wearing one though is  personal choice!

IQ Air is an excellent app and will have very localized numbers.

Check it out if you like:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airvisual

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

You must be the only person in Laos still wearing a mask. There's a term in the industry we use for people like you: a virtue signaler. 

Lol, many people in Laos wear masks, especially right now since it's the burning season.  As I mentioned in my post, I have a chronic lung illness and wearing a face mask has absolutely nothing to do with virtue-signalling. But perhaps you don't understand that some people wear masks because the masks do what they are designed to do....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MicroB said:

Some reading material for you (all peer reviewed)

I won't quote your long post, but thanks for introducing some scientific FACTS into this thread, but sadly which will go right over the heads of many posters 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

Next, it will be mandatory for Dirty Fangs to wear condoms!

I could go further regarding the topic of Felatio or other types of Genital Gymnastics, but I don't know if I will be blocked for stating the obvious!

One positive to take from this is that it may help disguise all the "married Farangs" being inadvertently captured in a YouTube Video about Thailand’s entertainment industry!😎

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, smedly said:

I think you will find that air quality is the reason 

You may be right - I have no way to tell because I haven't visited Thailand for a couple of years.  I guess I need to wait until the rainy season and then see what % wear masks, and ditto here in northern Laos where the burning season is upon us.  For me, wearing a simple mask definitely helps my health by filtering out the smoke particles in the air. (If I were trying to avoid virus infections then I would purchase a mask designed for that purpose).

• Haha 1

CDC Study Confirms COVID Jab Lowers Male Life Expectancy By 24 Years  An official new study has confirmed that men who receive the Covid vaccine will tragically suffer a 24-year loss in their life expectancy.  Scientists have analyzed the official data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the UK government to determine the long-term harms of mRNA jabs.  The CDC All-Cause Mortality data has shown that each vaccine dose increased mortality by seven percent in the year 2022 compared to the same figures for 2021.  The data revealed that each year, every vaccinated person becomes more and more likely to die at a rate of seven percent per dose, per year.  This means that the mRNA vaccines and booster shots are a “slow-acting genetic poison,” according to the study.  The study also found that the human body cannot recover from any amount of mRNA injections.
Source:

Gigavaxxed.jpg

CDC Study Confirms COVID Jab Lowers Male Life Expectancy By 24 Years  An official new study has confirmed that men who receive the Covid vaccine will tragically suffer a 24-year loss in their life expectancy.  Scientists have analyzed the official data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the UK government to determine the long-term harms of mRNA jabs.  The CDC All-Cause Mortality data has shown that each vaccine dose increased mortality by seven percent in the year 2022 compared to the same figures for 2021.  The data revealed that each year, every vaccinated person becomes more and more likely to die at a rate of seven percent per dose, per year.  This means that the mRNA vaccines and booster shots are a “slow-acting genetic poison,” according to the study.  The study also found that the human body cannot recover from any amount of mRNA injections.
Source:

Gigavaxxed.jpg

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

Why didn't you wear a mask in Canada?  Or did you and it wasn't effective?

He's been wearing the same paper mask since the 1st day of the covid scare.

Scratches his bung hole and sac, adjusts his mask, scratches his itchy loins, adjusts the mask again. Pulls down the mask to pick his nose, puts mask back up again.  Four years of that has built up a patina that would kill a superhero. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

Because it shows how gullible the sheep are?  Now run along and get your booster like a good little monkey. Don't forget your mask 555

You anti masker, anti-vaccine folks amaze me.....your type definitely win the Darwin award....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

C'mon.... Really... Still haven't realised what this thread is ?????? 

An April Fools note/warning note was previously clearly added in the OP, to avoid confusion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, george said:
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

C'mon.... Really... Still haven't realised what this thread is ?????? 

An April Fools note/warning note was previously clearly added in the OP, to avoid confusion.

Yup....     it was so obvious this morning....  But still had so many people triggered... 

...But....   for some to still keep biting - I'm wondering if they are just trying to play along.... 

19 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You acting like you always do had me thinking like we always do. Things like this are a touchy subject to many farangs here, so we take it personally when this kind of thing might happen. I know it's April 1st, as I played with my family this way, but when someone isn't believable, that's how you're thinking lies. ha ha

Nice bit of whataboutism there Freddy.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:27 PM, simon43 said:

Lol, many people in Laos wear masks, especially right now since it's the burning season.  As I mentioned in my post, I have a chronic lung illness and wearing a face mask has absolutely nothing to do with virtue-signalling. But perhaps you don't understand that some people wear masks because the masks do what they are designed to do....

I'm regularly in Laos and most recently in Luang Prabang, I saw two Laotians wearing masks. Just 2. All the rest (and there weren't many) were Thai tourists. 

In the Lao countryside no one wears a mask and mask wearing is at no more than 5% even in Vientiane.

And no, masks don't work. They're a feel good device, nothing else.

Still, I'm not stopping you from wearing one. I'm just saying you're one of the very few people in Laos wearing one and probably the only falang.

Edited by Highlandman

On 4/1/2024 at 11:26 PM, Leon1980 said:

Thailand lost many tourists today and I hope the powers that be  realizes the damage done. 

I had flights on Friday week and my girlfriend refuses to travel, she refuses to wear a mask in 2024..

We are fortunate in that we get most of our trip refunded but not domestic flights or our first 5 nights hotel. 

Absolutely sick

Where is your girlfriend from? I hope you didn't cancel your trip based on this story alone, which you should clearly recognize as being a joke. 

Obviously, if there were any reality to it, major news outlets would be reporting it, just like happened with the vaccine debacle on January 9, 2023, when foreigners (but not Thais) were required to be vaccinated or hold a medical exemption to travel. The outrage generated, which included many canceled bookings, resulted in the almost immediate revocation of the vaccine order and a lot of egg on the face of Thai officials.

Some airlines such as THAI, tried to reimpose a mask mandate on inbound flights too. No idea whether this was enforced beyond January 9. I do know foreign airlines never enforced this "suggestion" at the time. 

On 4/1/2024 at 8:35 PM, simon43 said:

You may be right - I have no way to tell because I haven't visited Thailand for a couple of years.  I guess I need to wait until the rainy season and then see what % wear masks, and ditto here in northern Laos where the burning season is upon us.  For me, wearing a simple mask definitely helps my health by filtering out the smoke particles in the air. (If I were trying to avoid virus infections then I would purchase a mask designed for that purpose).

In the rainy season, roughly the same % of Thais will be wearing masks as now. Although to be fair there are slightly fewer mask wearers now than back in July or August of last year as the fear mongering over Covid wanes.

Still, last year I'd estimate an average of 75% of Thais were masked while indoors, at least in Bangkok. Today it's down to 50-60%. The corresponding percentages in upcountry cities are roughly 50% and maybe 1 in 3, respectively (comparing middle of last year with now).

In tourist areas, it's much lower, but keep in mind Thais are a minority in many such areas.

Thais don't mask up due to air pollution, except up north when the air quality becomes really bad. In general, Thais are still afraid of being the "black sheep" who can think for themselves.