window._taboola = window._taboola || []; _taboola.push({article:'auto'}); !function (e, f, u, i) { if (!document.getElementById(i)){ e.async = 1; e.src = u; e.id = i; f.parentNode.insertBefore(e, f); } }(document.createElement('script'), document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0], '//cdn.taboola.com/libtrc/aseannow/loader.js', 'tb_loader_script'); if(window.performance && typeof window.performance.mark == 'function') {window.performance.mark('tbl_ic');} Jump to content

TM30 when returning to my Thai wife and renewing visa ?

If I am married to Thai lady, living in her house which is also my Yellow House Book address, and return to Thailand after being out of the country for a while and immediately go home to our house, is she required to file a TM30? If she doesn't, does that affect my Non-O retirement visa renewal (a few days after I arrive)? Can we do it at immigration office? Thank you.

Assume that you have annual extension and obtained a reentry permit to enable your recent return to Thailand. 

You do not need to file a TM30. 

Which immigration office 

• Thanks 2

Because there is no consistency between Immigration Offices with regard to filing a TM30, the only safe course of action is to check with your local Immigration Office. 

You may or may not be required to file a TM30 within 24 hours of arriving, and you may or may not be fined if you don't. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Goethe said:

Because there is no consistency between Immigration Offices with regard to filing a TM30, the only safe course of action is to check with your local Immigration Office. 

You may or may not be required to file a TM30 within 24 hours of arriving, and you may or may not be fined if you don't. 

To certain extent that is true.

The vast majority of immigration offices have followed the change to tm30 rules in June 2020.

A couple one being CM are rogue regarding this.

I asked OP which immigration office.

Has not updated. 

As mentioned, it will depend on the Immigration Office for your location.

If it is Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, then a new TM.30 will be required as for the past several months they are no longer following the "rule" that permits non-filing if using a Re-Entry permit and returning to the same address. 

Last Tuesday Jomtien immigration explained when I went to update my TM30 that if my visa status hasn’t changed and I’m returning to the same address I need not get an updated TM 30. The lady did update mine as I was there anyway. Hope this helps.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Last Tuesday Jomtien immigration explained when I went to update my TM30 that if my visa status hasn’t changed and I’m returning to the same address I need not get an updated TM 30. The lady did update mine as I was there anyway. Hope this helps.

That is because that is the law.

Most immigration offices are abiding by that and a TM30 is not required for OP situation

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

If it is Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration, then a new TM.30 will be required as for the past several months they are no longer following the "rule" that permits non-filing if using a Re-Entry permit and returning to the same address. 

Well known Rogue office. 

Other examples of that office playing their own game. 

Got the wife to call the Nan IO last week as I had been overseas for three weeks. Also explained due to flight timings I had had to overnight in Bangkok for a night before flying back to Nan. They did not require a new TM30.

5 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

Korat requires a new TM-30 if you leave the country even returning to same address. 1st hand knowledge.

I have the same experience. My wife has asked several times and always received the same answer.You need to file a TM30 within 24 hours or one business day for returning from a trip abroad. One one of my annual extensions the documentation for filing a TM30 was not in the computer (it had been filed electronically) and they refused to extend my visa until we had gone to the office to have them find my TM30 filing and add it to the computer records. It is a pain in the a$$ from an otherwise good office.

From my experience with Lao and Cambodian students renting some of my condo rooms: The new online system (from sometime last year) for registering a residence to accept foreigners, and adding the details to register new foreign arrivals and print a TM30, is far superior to the previous two systems, which now seem to be obsolete. Once the residence is registered, it just takes 5 minutes to enter the data,  save it to inform Immigration, and print out a TM30 if needed... No need to go to any Immigration Office.  Try going to: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/; to register the residence (need to upload Owner's ID/passport, House Registration (Tabien Baan)) and enter name, address etc), and once the residence is registered, it is easy to add foreigners checking in.

526-01-Apr-24.jpg

Edited by Vaughan9
Spelling mistake
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Vaughan9 said:

From my experience with Lao and Cambodian students renting some of my condo rooms

How does that relate to OP situation. 

Answer not at all. 

7 hours ago, ibjoe said:

If I am married to Thai lady, living in her house which is also my Yellow House Book address, and return to Thailand after being out of the country for a while and immediately go home to our house, is she required to file a TM30? If she doesn't, does that affect my Non-O retirement visa renewal (a few days after I arrive)? Can we do it at immigration office? Thank you.

It's depending of the province you live and the local immigration office. According to the police order you don't need to make a new TM30. However, where I live – Surat Thani-province – the immigration office don't care and wish a new TM30 every time someone leaves the province.

When applying for extension of stay you might be asked for a receipt or copy of you TM30 registration. The immigration officers might check online in the database. I've been out and I followed the police order, but last October, when extending my stay, I was told that I've been abroad and did not have a TM30 registration after returning. Extension of stay-application refused until I has a new TM30-registration.

It's easy today to register TM30 online, so better do it too much, rather than ending up coming back later a start all over again in the queue-line for extension of stay-applications.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

However, where I live – Surat Thani-province – the immigration office don't care and wish a new TM30 every time someone leaves the province.

Make mental note to add Surat Thani to list of rogue immigration offices

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Korat requires a new TM-30 if you leave the country even returning to same address. 1st hand knowledge.

It is important to note that according to the Police Regulation dated 30 June 2020 the fact that a foreigner is "returning to the same address" does not, by itself, exempt the foreigner from submitting a new TM.30. In addition, entry into Thailand must have been made with

• a valid re-entry permit, or
  • a valid multiple-entry visa that was already used previously, ie the second or subsequent entry with the visa.

There will, of course, always be the odd immigration office that will not implement the provisions of this Police regulation correctly.

9 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Correction!

March 8th. Return went down Monday the 11th, told it isnt necessary. 

My brother same!  Went to Renew his marriage.

• Thanks 1

Seeing how casually some immigration offices ignore the Police Regulation of June 2020 I was wondering whether it was perhaps just an internal guideline for the Immigration Bureau but I have found that it was published in the Royal Gazette on 16 June 2020. A copy of it is available for download on the website dl.parliament.go.th at the URL 

https://drmlib.parliament.go.th/site.php?mod=document&op=preview&url=aHR0cHM6Ly9kbC5wYXJsaWFtZW50LmdvLnRoL2JpdHN0cmVhbS9oYW5kbGUvMjAuNTAwLjEzMDcyLzU2MzY2Mi82MzA2MTZfMV8xNDElRTAlQjglODclRTAlQjglOUUlRTAlQjglQjQlRTAlQjklODAlRTAlQjglQTglRTAlQjglQTkucGRmP3NlcXVlbmNlPTE=&handle=563662&email=&v=preview

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's depending of the province you live and the local immigration office. According to the police order you don't need to make a new TM30. However, where I live – Surat Thani-province – the immigration office don't care and wish a new TM30 every time someone leaves the province.

When applying for extension of stay you might be asked for a receipt or copy of you TM30 registration. The immigration officers might check online in the database. I've been out and I followed the police order, but last October, when extending my stay, I was told that I've been abroad and did not have a TM30 registration after returning. Extension of stay-application refused until I has a new TM30-registration.

It's easy today to register TM30 online, so better do it too much, rather than ending up coming back later a start all over again in the queue-line for extension of stay-applications.

The new TM30 site is not easy at all

10 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Correction!

March 8th. Return went down Monday the 11th, told it isnt necessary. 

My brother same!  Went to Renew his marriage.

Thanks for that, always helpful to hear what the actual situation is currently from someone who has experienced it first hand.

• Thumbs Up 1