Foreigners among World Central Kitchen staff killed in Israeli strike

5 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Laughing at deaths in war zones?

Not good.

He is obviously not laughing at that but laughing at you and what you believe. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, coolcarer said:

Too late. Your Jew hating post and conspiracy theory is up and posted.

Have you reported all these Jew hating posts (including mine) to the moderators to see if they are correct or not? And if the moderators agree they are OK posts, will you accept their decision?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

That was me, and perhaps you should do a little research before spreading lies about me.

I am NOT a Jew hater NOR am I a terrorist supporter which another poster attributed to me.

What I am, is a person who cannot understand why some people seem to support the mass slaughter, murder and genocide.

By not opposing mass slaughter, murder and genocide, you seem to be one such person.

Hamas support mass slaughter of the Jews, are you ok with that or are your loyalties only supportive of the evil Hamas terrorists that have promised to wipe the Israelis of the face of the Earth. Time for a reality check methinks.🤔

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He is obviously not laughing at that but laughing at you and what you believe. 

What I believe? Not at all.

I said it's not a shock when people get killed in war zones. 

Not a belief. A fact.

If he's laughing at yhat, it is he who is the fool.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is a shock when these people are civilians and aid workers Intentionally  targeted, In fact is is a war crime!!!

Germans after WW2 were hanged because of things like that!!

Didn't I read that the aid workers lost their lives over a catalogue of errors by a few, and not "intentionally" being targeted as you state.............?  🤔.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It is a shock when these people are civilians and aid workers Intentionally  targeted, In fact is is a war crime!!!

I didn't reference who they were or whether they were intentionally targeted, mistakenly or deliberately. 

I said, " the headline makes people dying in war zones seem a shock".

How many Isreali and Palestinian civilians have been "intentionally" targeted, and killed?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

These people wouldn't have even been there had it not been for the murderous attack on Israel, stop excusing the perpetrators, it's getting quite ridiculous.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Are you part of my family? Please don't tell me how, when or what I can post.

You can respond as many times as you wish, but I can't be bothered to answer your posts anymore. You are not worth wasting my time on.

Can we take that as I have no answer?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Are you part of my family? Please don't tell me how, when or what I can post.

You can respond as many times as you wish, but I can't be bothered to answer your posts anymore. You are not worth wasting my time on.

When you have nothing And start making things up use the old ignore tactic. Lol

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, sirineou said:

"How many Isreali and Palestinian civilians have been "intentionally" targeted, and killed? "

IMO one too many. 

IMO . it is not a good idea to dismiss war crimes by any side as things that happen in war and should not be shocked by.

You made an inappropriate post.(I am trying to be kind)  From time to time we all do, I certainly have, Instead of doubling down , it would IMO be easier to say  

"Fair enough, I  did not think this through" and leave it at that.

It is now a shame to admit you are wrong, Who among us has never been wrong? 

No, I didn't. I'm not wrong. I stated a fact.

Let's see:

I invite anyone on this forum to hold their hands up and say "Wow. I'm shocked someone has died in a warzone".

That is, with no reference to who the deceased are, what they were doing in the war zone, who they were representing or who killed them. No discrimination, no blame, no taking sides.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, sirineou said:

"How many Isreali and Palestinian civilians have been "intentionally" targeted, and killed? "

IMO one too many. 

IMO . it is not a good idea to dismiss war crimes by any side as things that happen in war and should not be shocked by.

You made an inappropriate post.(I am trying to be kind)  From time to time we all do, I certainly have, Instead of doubling down , it would IMO be easier to say  

"Fair enough, I  did not think this through" and leave it at that.

It is now a shame to admit you are wrong, Who among us has never been wrong? 

What war crimes have Israel committed ?

No one ever answers that question .

Endless allegations but never any actual examples 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, sirineou said:

But it is Hamas who are being targeted and not civilians , that's why there's been no war crimes by Isreal

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What war crimes have Israel committed ?

No one ever answers that question .

Endless allegations but never any actual examples 

Are you fo real?

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

18 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I note a lot of very biased opinions in this thread - the majority seem to replicate the same futile fight that has gone on for almost a century and is the root cause of the current conflict.

I doubt this matter will ever be solved and it certainly won't if both sides don't recognise each other's right to exist. The situation that brought about the current conflict in Gaza is very compilcated and subjective. History books may offer explanations, they don't offer solutions

There are two groups of people living in the same land but one group has no official legitimacy and is dominated by the other in many ways. Each group has a totally different religion which in the case of Israel, is also the basis of its governance, laws and traditions.  The Palestinians share the same non secular society type but have no real power or legitimacy in the eyes of Israel.

The attack on Israeli citizens by Hamas (and others) on 7th October was horrific by any standards and a heinous and horrific act of terrorism - nobody with half a brain can deny that.  However, as Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN said shortly afterwards, it did not happen in a vacuum.  Many have sought to twist the meaning of his words since then but what he meant was that the increasingly shameful treatment of Palestinians by the Israelis was the reason and background to the attack - in no way did he mean it was an excuse for it.

Both sides have totally different requirements for the future - neither of which will ever happen, if only they could both recognise that.

The extremely right wing Israeli government of Benjamin Netanyahu, if allowed to entirely have its own way would clear the entire country, including the 'occupied territitories' of all Palestinian and other muslim minority groups.

The continued theft of land for 'settlements' (even last week) within the so called 'occupied territory' is just one piece of evidence against the current Israeli administration.

(Milder, less politic Israeli citizens believe that the Palestinians have rights and that the two groups can live together or at the very least, separated within the same borders.)

The Palestinian people simply want what we all want - somewhere to live and call home. Somewhere where we have rights and respect where we can make a living and raise our families.

However, there are various extremist Islamic groups who want the Israelis gone and have vowed to kill them all. Hamas is just one of those groups but it is the one that has had administrative control of Gaza.  Stoking that fire and providing arms to Hamas and others are radical muslim groups outside Israel in other countries - one in particular, Iran.

I don't believe either side will ever back down and accept the other but I don't see any possibility of a settlement that is not enforced on both sides by the International Community.

That's the crux of it, you can complicate matters by quoting from history but the facts are, we are where we are today - not where we were yesterday.

The problem with where we are today is that we have a powerful military force, reeking revenge on a largely unarmed population.  A force using the excuse of the 7th October Attack to cover their totally reckless disregard for Palestinian lives as they prosecute their 'war on Hamas'.

Where do I gain the right to state that?  Isn't it a fact that the 'collateral damage' that has resulted in the killing of over 30,000 people, mainly civilians is unpreventable in a war?  'Collateral damage' in my book is for example, when a bomb goes astray and kills or damages people or property without intention.  Is that really what's been happening?

There have been many, many examples of Israel's recklesness recently - just 3 of which are:

In December 2023 Israel killed three Israeli hostages that were waving white flags and calling for help.

Since October 2023 close to 200 humanitarian aid workers and doctors have been killed by Israeli attacks in Gaza.

The current debate about 7 aid workers being killed by a 'Tragic Error' on the part of the Israeli forces clearly illustrates Israel's dangeously reckless behaviour.  The attack by missiles fired from drones went on for several minutes and covered several kilometers as the aid workers frantically ran from car to car. Their clearly marked vehicles and route had been pre approved by the Israelis.  The Israelis are now claiming that it was dark and the markings on the aid vehicles could not be seen.

Really? Well then, surely if a target cannot be identified, it should not be attacked? Collateral damage?  I don't think so. I don't for one minute, think that Israel intended to kill aid workers but I do think they intended to kill the occupants of 3 vehicles which by their own admission, they could not indentify.  It must however, be remembered, that the Israelies knew that aid workers were in the area and would be moving along the route they did.

Israel has every right to rout and punish Hamas for the 7th October attack, what they don't have is the right to kill over 30,000 civillians and 200 aid workers and call it 'Collateral Damage' - its actually Collective Punishment which is totally against internationally recognised law.

Its sad that it has taken the killing of 7 aid workers before any serious condemation of Israel's actions by its allies has been made.

Israel's refusal to allow anything near the required amount of food and other humanitarian aid into Gaza until now is another crime that in my opinion has been part of the 'collective punishment' of the Palestinian people.  They claim that aid coming in through the Rafah crossing is being used by Hamas. Israel has controlled most of Northern Gaza since early on in the conflict - if they were worried that aid coming in through Rafah would fall into the hands of Hamas, why has it taken until now to open the Erez crossing in the North?

I support neither Israel nor Hamas - I support life, freedom and the right to live peacefully.  Will Israel achieve its aims and make its country safe for its citizens when it defeats Hamas in Gaza?  How many new 'terrorists' have been created by Israel's attrocities in this conflict?

Will there be more terrorist attacks on Israel or their citizens around the world when the Gaza war ends? For sure.

Will Hamas achieve its goal of destroying the Israeli state and killing all jews within the territory? Not a hope! Will thousands more Palestinians die over the coming months and years? Almost certainly.

Has Hamas achieved anything at all by carrying out the 7th October attacks?  Well actually, yes they have - they have focused the world's attention on the plight of the Palestinian people. It is also doubtful that Israel's actions so far will have caused any form of understanding amongst the people of Gaza.  Hatred is what they will have caused and you can be sure that groups such as Hamas will capitalise on that.

Would a 2 state solution work?  Possibly but only if its imposed and installed by the international community overall. A key factor of that imposition would have to be forcing Israel out of its 'settlements' and back behind previously agreed borders. However, as long as there are radical islamists in countries outside Israel - countries that are ruled according to religion and who do not accept the rights of a Jewish state to even exist, there will not be total peace.  Such countries can't even achieve peace within their own borders as their governments continue imposing their strict religious ways on increasingly intolerant populations.

A 2 state solution won't work either whilst Israel remains within the grip of Netanyahu's right will fanatics - however, the writing was on the wall for Netanyahu before this conflict began.  I don't think he or his group will be around for long once the war ends.

The world must no longer stand by and allow extremist Islamic groups to carry out terrorist attacks but neither can it do nothing when Israel stokes the fires that cause such attacks in the first place.

Oh gawd an off topic essay.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course you have proof of that because you believe everything Israel and the IDF feed you, whereas normal human beings don't.

That is rather rude of you, saying that I am not a normal human being . 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Of course you have proof of that because you believe everything Israel and the IDF feed you, whereas normal human beings don't.

The antisemitic posts you dream up indicates you are less than normal, whatever you think there is no doubt to the perpetrators of this war! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

That is why the IDF can destroy 3 separate vehicles with pinpoint accuracy but have to destroy any building that they "think" might have Hamas fighters in, and killing innocent men, women and children as "collateral damage".

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, billd766 said:

That is why the IDF can destroy 3 separate vehicles with pinpoint accuracy but have to destroy any building that they "think" might have Hamas fighters in, and killing innocent men, women and children as "collateral damage".

That makes little sense. Only 35% of Gaza buildings destroyed or damaged

Just now, billd766 said:

And the 1,200 innocent Israelis that were mass murdered by these psychopaths on 7/10 mean nothing to you because they were Israelis! 

• Like 1