So my tomato are done ,Actually they were done a few weeks ago, but they lingered for a while. And today I pulled them out.

Below is an old picture of few months ago. when I started planting them 

tomatoes2.jpg.bb13e593c879dc0c4ea19e7fd1d437de.jpg

Anyway  now i have a couple of raised beds that I need to do something with. 

Any suggestions what would be good to plant this time of the year. I have plenty of water from my well to water with until rainy season. 

raised beds

That depends on what you like, being so hot this time of year not easy to say, the wife has been saying Chines Kale and Coriander are getting expensive, as they are most years at this time, and they will grow.

You could try long beans, maybe Cucumbers, they will grow, but they will need some poles to grow them up Bambo is the best.

1 minute ago, kickstart said:

That depends on what you like, being so hot this time of year not easy to say, the wife has been saying Chines Kale and Coriander are getting expensive, as they are most years at this time, and they will grow.

You could try long beans, maybe Cucumbers, they will grow, but they will need some poles to grow them up Bambo is the best.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. 

Do you think I would need shade cloth for cucumbers? I grew Coreander the last couple of months under shade cloth and it was the first year I had good success, 

No photo description available.

The reason why I asked is that I realise certain things like certain times of the year,

Take tomatoes, I had good luck October to end of jan, and then it got too hot for them. 

I think I will try one bed of those little thai cucumbers. I love pickling them. 

Cucumbers are a popular farming crop, difficulty to use shade cloth growing them up poles. 

Or, make a pole frame to grow them up when they reach the top pinch the tops out, that could be covered in shade cloth. 

• Thanks 1