Am looking for new dTac SIM - 30 Mbps - Unlimited download - 1 year

On 6/20/2024 at 5:56 PM, jas007 said:

So those travel routers act just like the hotspot on your phone, except that you can plug stuff into it?  The only thing I would use it for when out and about would be as a hotspot, but my phone can already perform that function, and I can connect to it wirelessly already.  

The problem I’m having is at home with my current home wifi  gizmo.  I’m looking for something that will be more or less “unlimited, “ in terms of data usage. If I have to pay more, so be it. The alternative is home fiber internet/wifi.  That kind of service is usually fast and reliable and is always on.

I have a home network with a NAS, a mini-pc linux server with a shared database, etc, that I connect a couple of android TV boxes to. This allows me to stop watching a movie downstairs and then go to the bedroom and continue there at the same place. Doing that with just a phone hotspot would be impossible. 

Your needs may be different than mine, but this works for me and all I have is the 30mb connection to the net.

On 6/21/2024 at 9:09 AM, sungod said:

I went to buy one of those in a NT shop a month ago, was told they no longer do them. Its now 250 a month and you need to keep topping up. They said 1 year may come back, but not yet.

May be able to get them off lazada etc though?

The 250 baht per month offer likely refers to a MybyNT SIM up to 30Mbps pack. They use a completely different set of wavebands than NT Wireless. 3000 baht per annum if you pay month by month or 2800 baht for the 12 month pack. They have a sharing agreement with AIS. 

Think of MybyNT as the old CAT Telecom and NT Wireless and NT Mobile as the old TOT. Not a surprise that you didn't get what you wanted. It's a bit complicated for the uninitiated. 

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

Have you tried asking DTac? It would seem the obvious place to start if you want a DTac SIM.

You might think that is a smart reply....but in fact DTAC didn't ever sell those SIM packs directly to the public.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Polaky said:

Not sure where you get 1690, you mean 1790?

On another note I have never been successful in activating online due to their photo verification system,

need to go into a shop, In patong there is no longer a dtac store, so you have to go to Phuket Town, in Pattaya there are three stores.

FYI, you can register DTAC sim cards using the LINE app. Look for the official account "Dtac Register". Send them a message and ask what docs you need to provide. Usually a scan of the sim bar code, a selfie holding your passport and a "consent" form. Very easy. I was using this method, but then I eventually mastered using the DTAC app to register. It took me about 50 attempts to figure out how to take an acceptable selfie.

Screenshot_20240624_061854 (002).jpg

On 6/23/2024 at 1:41 PM, NowNow said:

yeah no thanks, I would rather walk into a store and pay 100 bath extra.

16 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks. You can also register a new sim using the DTAC android app. (That's what I do)

Tried all methods many times but does not work for me, perhaps it's because my passport is nearing 10 years and I look nothing like that pic.

7 minutes ago, Polaky said:

yeah no thanks, I would rather walk into a store and pay 100 bath extra.

Up to you 🙂 You asked me where I got 1690 and I replied.

On 6/23/2024 at 1:00 PM, NowNow said:

You might think that is a smart reply....but in fact DTAC didn't ever sell those SIM packs directly to the public.

So for them you are looking at a contract of 1 year plus. I have AIS so purely guessing when it comes to DTac. If they only sell them with a contract have you thought about an eSim? Look them up on line. I have not tried them myself but people I know that have say they are very good.

• 1 month later...

I have a pre-paid True Sim card service (no data) and would like to change it to add data service to it, and/or change from pre-paid to post paid,  not keen on monthly charges would prefer yearly charges and use data freely, what's the best way to upgrade

thks

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I have a pre-paid True Sim card service (no data) and would like to change it to add data service to it, and/or change from pre-paid to post paid,  not keen on monthly charges would prefer yearly charges and use data freely, what's the best way to upgrade

thks

In other words, you just want to keep your number? You can add an annual data plan, but it's relatively expensive. You might be unhappy about that.

You should confirm with TRUE, they may have an option of Unlimited 4Mbps(6 months) for 1498 baht. Make sure that you max out the validity period of the SIM beforehand: How to

Edited by NowNow
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

thks

They do have a 365 day option, but it's just 1Mbps for 1926 baht. 4Mbps is better, but obviously more expensive at 3000 baht per annum. 

If everything is in order with your SIM(up to date and able to be used with 4G/5G) then you don't need to contact TRUE, you can simply top up and click on the package of your choice here: https://topping.truemoveh.com/campaign/230

The prices are ex. VAT. The prices I have quoted are inclusive of VAT. So top up 1500 if going for the 4Mbps 6 months. Obviously if you go for the 1 Mbps 365 days, you don't need to max out the validity of the SIM. But don't complain about how slow it is afterwards 😊

Edited by NowNow
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NowNow said:

In other words, you just want to keep your number? You can add an annual data plan, but it's relatively expensive. You might be unhappy about that.

You should confirm with TRUE, they may have an option of Unlimited 4Mbps(6 months) for 1498 baht. Make sure that you max out the validity period of the SIM beforehand: How to

correct, can not change phone number for personal reasons, only would to add data plan

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

They do have a 365 day option, but it's just 1Mbps for 1926 baht. 4Mbps is better, but obviously more expensive at 3000 baht per annum. 

If everything is in order with your SIM(up to date and able to be used with 4G/5G) then you don't need to contact TRUE, you can simply top up and click on the package of your choice here: https://topping.truemoveh.com/campaign/230

The prices are ex. VAT. The prices I have quoted are inclusive of VAT. So top up 1500 if going for the 4Mbps 6 months. Obviously if you go for the 1 Mbps 365 days, you don't need to max out the validity of the SIM. But don't complain about how slow it is afterwards 😊

thanks a million, great help, will do the topping option.... and will not complain 555

BTW just came across some offers on lazada for AIS sim,  are you familiar with that and how reliable they are

Edited by Mavideol

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

thanks a million, great help, will do the topping option.... and will not complain 555

BTW just came across some offers on lazada for AIS sim,  are you familiar with that and how reliable they are

What offers have you seen? New SIM offers are usually different from existing SIM offers. New SIM offers are usually applied within the first week of activating the SIM.

P.S. There is also the option of porting your number to AIS. They have 4 & 6 Mbps annual options for 2500 & 3500 baht respectively, inclusive of VAT.

I would choose AIS for a few reasons. One of course is that they are cheaper than TRUE, but they also have more bandwidth and are less likely to block certain websites. 

Edited by NowNow

On 7/27/2024 at 6:09 PM, NowNow said:

What offers have you seen? New SIM offers are usually different from existing SIM offers. New SIM offers are usually applied within the first week of activating the SIM.

P.S. There is also the option of porting your number to AIS. They have 4 & 6 Mbps annual options for 2500 & 3500 baht respectively, inclusive of VAT.

I would choose AIS for a few reasons. One of course is that they are cheaper than TRUE, but they also have more bandwidth and are less likely to block certain websites. 

I got offer from True at 200 baht month =2,400 year, 30 gb  and free calls no longer than 15 minutes, if call lasts longer than 15 minutes better hang up and start new call for another free 15 minutes, it's a good deal and I may take it

36 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I got offer from True at 200 baht month =2,400 year, 30 gb  and free calls no longer than 15 minutes, if call lasts longer than 15 minutes better hang up and start new call for another free 15 minutes, it's a good deal and I may take it

You stated that you wanted to use the Internet freely. 1GB per day is enough? Do you actually make any calls? Doesn't sound like the annual pack that you initially requested. You'll need to top up monthly or at least add validity manually.

It's this package, though it's normally for new SIM:  Internet at 15Mbps 30GB then at 384Kbps+ free call to any networks 200 THB 30 days
Dial *900*1233# 

52 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Another option, that they obviously didn't mention, looks like this and costs 2,290 baht; 

Long term 12 months

Internet 15Mbps (100GB/30 days)

• FUP 128Kbps
  • Unlimited free calls to True/DTAC (15 minutes/time)
  • Call other networks 60 minutes/30 days
Edited by NowNow
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, NowNow said:

Another option, that they obviously didn't mention, looks like this and costs 2,290 baht; 

Long term 12 months

Internet 15Mbps (100GB/30 days)

• FUP 128Kbps
  • Unlimited free calls to True/DTAC (15 minutes/time)
  • Call other networks 60 minutes/30 days

thanks, since I still have to go back will show them that, appreciate

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks as though Dtac unlimited 365 day 15mbs and 30mbs are no longer available from anywhere, mobile2you tells me there is no indication that it will be available again, however there is True Thor 15mbs as an alternative, now that they have merged, is true is holding the balance of power?, would the service be similar to dtac's?, 

21 hours ago, Polaky said:

Well it looks as though Dtac unlimited 365 day 15mbs and 30mbs are no longer available from anywhere, mobile2you tells me there is no indication that it will be available again, however there is True Thor 15mbs as an alternative, now that they have merged, is true is holding the balance of power?, would the service be similar to dtac's?, 

I bought this one last year and the seller still seems to have stock, albeit 900 baht higher in price.  Be aware that it claims to be unlimited but Dtac said otherwise.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1302368422-s3215372479.html

13 hours ago, treetops said:

I bought this one last year and the seller still seems to have stock, albeit 900 baht higher in price.  Be aware that it claims to be unlimited but Dtac said otherwise.

Thanks Treetops but if you look at the bottom of the page it says....

Product is out of stock

On 8/20/2024 at 11:18 AM, treetops said:

The SIMs simply are past their expiry date.  It's not just that they are sold out. They have a Use by date on them and aren't reissued.

That's why you don't see any at all. So now for Unlimited data 6 month and 12 months SIM; it's DTAC 6Mbps, Truemove H 15 Mbps, NT 15Mbps and Unlimited or nothing.