Ammunition shortage for Ukrainians- is this the end?

As seen on Al Jazeera, Russia has 5 shells for every Ukrainian one, and in a few weeks will have 10 to 1.

I can't copy paste from the linked article, but the title says it all. Is that the fat lady warming up her vocal chords I hear.

https://kyivindependent.com/us-general-says-ukraine-will-soon-run-out-of-shells-anti-air-missiles-without-us-aid/

Also on Al Jazeera, an air strike by Russia on Ukraine by a glider bomb, IMO probably in retaliation for Ukrainian drone strikes in Russia. Seems that Russia isn't running out of missiles, ammunition or men after all.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

Europe and the USA will be on the wrong side of history if they let Russia take over Ukraine and its massive natural resources, just for the lack of supporting them with more weapons and ammo

Also as far as ultimate costs in arms, money  and lives helping Ukraine beat Russia is an incredible bargain. 

Putin's quote -- Russia has no borders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Of course Ukraine will fall without the support from the US and others. They would have fallen a lot earlier if it wasn't for support from western countries. But reality is that there was support. How many times now have there been "this is the end!" proclamations?

It's also so weird how you @thaibeachlovers seem to want the Ukraine to lose. Why are you supporting Putin the warmonger?

Ukraine already lost.  Crimea, on Obama's watch and Donbass, on Biden's watch.  They've made no meaningful progress on any front for over a year, in spite of tens (hundreds?) of thousands of deaths and $Billions of treasure squandered. 

I'd like to see the killing and the dying stop, and those $Billions spent on rebuilding what's left.  Or, you can keep poking the bear, then lament what you've pretty much forced him to do.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I'd like to see the killing and the dying stop, and those $Billions spent on rebuilding what's left.  Or, you can keep poking the bear, then lament what you've pretty much forced him to do.

I'd like girls to stop wearing sexy dresses. Or, they can keep poking the rapist bear, then lament what they've pretty much forced him to do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Of course Ukraine will fall without the support from the US and others. They would have fallen a lot earlier if it wasn't for support from western countries. But reality is that there was support. How many times now have there been "this is the end!" proclamations?

It's also so weird how you @thaibeachlovers seem to want the Ukraine to lose. Why are you supporting Putin the warmonger?

I said right from the start that Ukraine would lose. Not a question of wanting them to lose, but regarding Zelenski as a useful fool for bad western people that wanted to punish Russia without getting their hands dirty. They played him like a muppet, IMO. Pity about all the dead Ukrainians.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, Seppius said:

Europe and the USA will be on the wrong side of history if they let Russia take over Ukraine and its massive natural resources, just for the lack of supporting them with more weapons and ammo

I don't know where this "Russia will take over ( all of ) Ukraine" comes from. Putin was barely able to take what he's got, and he never lasted this long by being a fool that would try and take all of Ukraine.

BTW, the nurses and ambulances drivers in the UK are likely still not paid what they are worth because all the money got sent to Ukraine. All that ammunition costs a lot of money and it's the taxpayer providing it, not Santa.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

It is mud season in Ukraine at the moment. In a month or so the ground will dry up and Russia will begin their summer offensive, just in time for F-16 to be operational.

The meat 🍖 grinder will continue, but at the end Ukraine will, maybe not win, but survive. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

It is mud season in Ukraine at the moment. In a month or so the ground will dry up and Russia will begin their summer offensive, just in time for F-16 to be operational.

The meat 🍖 grinder will continue, but at the end Ukraine will, maybe not win, but survive. 

I agree, and IMO it will end after Zelensky is forced to negotiate. IMO Russia will keep what it has, Ukraine will not join NATO, and Zelensky will be looking for a friendly country to spend his loot in.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, morrobay said:

Let's hope so- high time. See this very reasonable fact based statement. And spare me any bogus replies that are not directly related to link. Oh and the great  Biden economy would not be so great without all the military industrial complex) production. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/12/opinion/jd-vance-ukraine.html

Pity you used a site that can't be read unless we subscribe first, and I'm not going to.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, morrobay said:

Thanks for that. I agree with Vance. I didn't realise that the US has such a low production of Patriot missiles, and without putting the US on a war footing, how could they produce the necessary amount? I suspect that most will be going to israel anyway.

As for Biden, talking through his hat IMO, and he has painted himself in a corner with his stated aim of supporting Ukraine. If When Ukraine falls it will be a major humiliation for Biden in an election year.

A spokesperson for the National Security Council did not respond to a request to respond to Vance’s op-ed.

I bet they didn't. When he states facts they only have talking points to respond with.

• Confused 2

So see link McConnell saying that by sending this 60 billion to Ukraine this will cause the U S to expand its weapons production capabilities. ??? . I would say the US can do that without sending 60 billion down this Ukraine grift. Side note* Take a look at the amazing beautiful infrastructure in China. And compare to the degraded mess in the US, that these SAPS like McConnell are causing.

This jerk also supported that bogus border bill.

Screenshot_2024-04-19-08-48-27-850_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Confused 2

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As for Biden, talking through his hat IMO, and he has painted himself in a corner with his stated aim of supporting Ukraine. If When Ukraine falls it will be a major humiliation for Biden in an election year.

There's the tragedy.  He's not going to let it happen during an election year.  So it'll be more killing, more dying and no rebuilding.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

This jerk also supported that bogus border bill.

IMO McConnell has long ago passed his sell by date and should have been taken away to a nice rest home years ago.

Why is the US government so full of geriatrics? Do none of them want to retire on a very nice pension and enjoy whatever time is left to them? Apparently not.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO McConnell has long ago passed his sell by date and should have been taken away to a nice rest home years ago.

Why is the US government so full of geriatrics? Do none of them want to retire on a very nice pension and enjoy whatever time is left to them? Apparently not.

Obviously a case for term limits. Yes "Should have been taken away"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And of course seem to think it's more "patriotic" sending billions down this Ukraine rabbit hole rather than the very very very much needed infrastructure,,(inner city decay) Shoring up the Southern border wall

Biden's team can "shave" from so-called military aid to UA easily - so longer war lasts more $$$ they will park.

However infrastructure funding is way to difficult to "milk"

So this won't end soon.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Biden's team can "shave" from so-called military aid to UA easily - so longer war lasts more $$$ they will park.

However infrastructure funding is way to difficult to "milk"

So this won't end soon.

Sounds like treason to me. Sure hope Trump*makes it and "follows up " to clean up this Biden&co mess.   * And hope Trump doesn't screw up again on VP pick. That's why he needs RFK jr VP.  Who certainly would be up for dealing with the deep state. And if there was ever a concrete example of the deep state: 22 November 1963

Edited by morrobay
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1