BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

27 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

From Arrow to Iron Dome: The economics of Israel's air defense strategy
How much did it actually cost Israel to shoot down Iran’s flood of ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and suicide drones?

The price of a single Iron Dome interceptor missile is about $50,000, and most of the time, it is directed at an inaccurate, primitive rocket with a relatively small payload. In the case of intercepting a ballistic missile from Iran, the numbers are in completely different spheres.

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/h18og9cl0#:~:text=The price of a single,with a relatively small payload.

They don't care about the cost.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Why when you are already well aware of the facts but choose to ignore them.  Shame on you!

I didn't know what he meant and I was asking him for clarification .

Turns out that he was attempting to give a false impression of the facts , so I was correct to ask what he meant .

Have a shame on you back .

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, rabas said:

The extraterritoriality thing is more an old wives' tale. Consulate territory is not really Iran territory.  reference

Contrary to popular belief, diplomatic missions sometimes do not enjoy full extraterritorial status and are generally not sovereign territory of the represented state. The sending state can give embassies sovereign status but this only happens with a minority of countries. Rather, the premises of an embassy remain under the jurisdiction of the host state while being afforded special privileges (such as immunity from most local laws). [also note consulates don't even get the same protections as embassies]

Given that, do you still wish to protect the guy responsible for the Oct 7 operation that eventually led to the horrific deaths of thousands of innocent  Israelis and Palestinians?

Whilst it is true that embassies/consulates are not on 'sovereign soil' the second part of your post is wrong.

Iran might well be an awful state, but it had no direct involvement in Oct 7. Even if Iran was indirectly involved, you can't just blow up consulate buildings that are protected under international law. This is according to US intelligence:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-israel-iranian-officials-surprised-by-hamas-attack-israel/

The U.S. has intelligence indicating senior Iranian officials were surprised by the Hamas-led terror attack on Israel, according to multiple American officials familiar with the matter, preliminarily suggesting Tehran was not directly involved the launch of the deadly Oct. 7 assault.   

While analysis and collection are continuing and additional information may arise to contradict the initial assessments, officials briefed on the intelligence say key Iranian officials who would normally be aware of operations in the region appeared to be unaware the attacks were taking place. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

From Arrow to Iron Dome: The economics of Israel's air defense strategy
How much did it actually cost Israel to shoot down Iran’s flood of ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and suicide drones?

The price of a single Iron Dome interceptor missile is about $50,000, and most of the time, it is directed at an inaccurate, primitive rocket with a relatively small payload. In the case of intercepting a ballistic missile from Iran, the numbers are in completely different spheres.

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctechnews/article/h18og9cl0#:~:text=The price of a single,with a relatively small payload.

Cheap lasers are already here. The UK has been testing its successful DragonFire laser. Around $10 per shot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68795603.amp

DragonFire: UK laser could be used against Russian drones on Ukraine front line

The weapon is precise enough to hit a £1 coin from a kilometre away, according to the MoD. It is hoped that it will pave the way for a low-cost alternative to missiles, to shoot down targets such as drones.

January's successful test of the weapon was carried out at the MoD's Hebrides Range in Scotland and was hailed as a "major step" in bringing laser-directed energy weapons (LDEWs) into service.

The greatest advantage of lasers is cost and, in theory, an "unlimited magazine" of ammunition - as long as there is a reliable source of power. But the big drawback is that they can only fire at targets in the line of sight, unlike most missiles.

As the Iranian response (payback for the perceived violation of their Embassy/Consulate) unfolded in real time, Numerous drones were launched first, with a lengthy time (of many hours) for transit to any of their pre-programmed targets, signifying an alert to any interested parties  (read Israel / USA). This was followed by a much later launch of both "cruise and ballistic" missiles being directed at "Military Targets". Testing the "Iron Dome" and interference by any Islamic neighbour was exposed. Iran concluded  "Matter Closed".

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's not the Iranian consulate. It's a terror planning HQ for the IRGC. That's why it was full of senior IRGC military advisers - who are now thankfully unable to advise anymore. 

So its ok to take out planners of attacks by targetting them in a different country CG1 Blue and in a consulate building ??

11 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Whilst it is true that embassies/consulates are not on 'sovereign soil' the second part of your post is wrong.

Iran might well be an awful state, but it had no direct involvement in Oct 7. Even if Iran was indirectly involved, you can't just blow up consulate buildings that are protected under international law. This is according to US intelligence:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iran-israel-iranian-officials-surprised-by-hamas-attack-israel/

Don't get too stuck on old reports when new information comes to hand.

Iran International reported that Coalition Council of Islamic Revolution Forces (also known by its Persian acronym SHANA) honored Zahedi’s “strategic role in forming and strengthening the resistance front as well as in planning and executing the Al-Aqsa Storm."

Hamas called its mass rapes of Israelis and slaughter of 1,200 people "Operation Al-Aqsa Storm."

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/slain-iranian-general-planned-executed-hamas-massacre-797014

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Because they're a civilized country that stands against terrorism perhaps. 

Then why are they not against Israel and the IDF who commit terrorism every day.

From what I read on the BBC and other news sites the government is supporting Israel but hundreds of thousands of voters disagree with the government.

I am one of them and I also have a vote.

It will NOT go to the Tories or Labour or even the Lib Dems if anybody remembers them.

If I am lucky there will be a candidate from the Monster Raving Loony Party standing who will get my vote.

They can never win, but they can't be any worse than the Tories or Labour or even the Lib Dems.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Then why are they not against Israel and the IDF who commit terrorism every day.

From what I read on the BBC and other news sites the government is supporting Israel but hundreds of thousands of voters disagree with the government.

I am one of them and I also have a vote.

It will NOT go to the Tories or Labour or even the Lib Dems if anybody remembers them.

If I am lucky there will be a candidate from the Monster Raving Loony Party standing who will get my vote.

They can never win, but they can't be any worse than the Tories or Labour or even the Lib Dems.

And hundreds of thousands of voters agree with the government, these are usually people that can differentiate right from wrong and not university drop outs that have been indoctrinated into this Palestinian cult! 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Iran International reported that Coalition Council of Islamic Revolution Forces (also known by its Persian acronym SHANA) honored Zahedi’s “strategic role in forming and strengthening the resistance front as well as in planning and executing the Al-Aqsa Storm."

Hamas called its mass rapes of Israelis and slaughter of 1,200 people "Operation Al-Aqsa Storm."

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/slain-iranian-general-planned-executed-hamas-massacre-797014

Who do you think I'm going to believe? American intelligence, or the criminal who committed the crime?

If you actually researched where this story came from, you might realize that it is tripe. The Jerusalem Post (where you found the story) is reporting on another media outlet's story: Iran International, which is owned by the Saudi government - Iran's enemy!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_International#:~:text=Fall of Kabul.-,Ownership,by Volant Media UK Ltd.

Lack of editorial independence[edit]

Though the TV station states that it "adheres to strict international standards of impartiality, balance and accountability",[11] questions have been raised regarding its editorial independence.[10][11]

In October 2018, a report by Saeed Kamali Dehghan in The Guardian linked Iran International's funding to Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman. It also interviewed an unnamed insider who said that the editorial content had been influenced by its investors. A source was reported by The Guardian as saying that Iran International received $250m from Saudi Arabia for launching the channel. The insider and an unnamed ex-employee expressed dismay that Saudi funding had been concealed from the employees. Iran International denied The Guardian's report.[10]

According to The Wall Street Journal, "[some] journalists at Iran International have complained that management is pushing a pro-Saudi, anti-Islamic Republic line". WSJ quoted a former correspondent at the TV station commenting that "a systematic and very persistent push" was made during her time there.[11]

Azadeh Moaveni of New York University has charged the channel is an arm of Saudi Arabia: "I would not describe Iran International as pro-reform, or organically Iranian in any manner".[76]

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You have drifted off into another sphere 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How about this forum, gets back to the "reality of fact".

The initial reporting had many "Israelis, being raped, pillaged, and beheaded, Babies cut from womb and thrown into a pyre. 

No real condemnation of 33,000 persons lives being vanquished.  Let us now focus on Israel v Iran. instead

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Twice now you were provided with new and reliable proof that the late Iranian general Mohammad Reza Zahedi had a “strategic role in planning and executing the Al-Aqsa Storm.", the massacre that led to the slaughter of 1000s of innocent Israelis and Palestinians. From Bkk Brian just now and from me yesterday at 12:22pm. 

Yet you post old disformative information to mislead.  But at least I see  from your link that you now trust US MSM and government. 👍 

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Who do you think I'm going to believe? American intelligence, or the criminal who committed the crime?

If you actually researched where this story came from, you might realize that it is tripe. The Jerusalem Post (where you found the story) is reporting on another media outlet's story: Iran International, which is owned by the Saudi government - Iran's enemy!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_International#:~:text=Fall of Kabul.-,Ownership,by Volant Media UK Ltd.

I don't care who you believe, its not about you, I just suggested to not get to stuck on  reports when new information comes out, I also read the article I posted and know exactly what the source which is Coalition Council of Islamic Revolution Forces (also known by its Persian acronym SHANA. The media that first reported being as you sayhttps://www.iranintl.com/ 

image.png.43ee1b9c51bc0fb941a6dfda8efdcc42.png

https://www.iranintl.com/en/afghanistan-en

What's wrong with a media outlet being against Iran and providing uncensored news that is stifled there? Yes Iran hates them:

"The Times reported that Iran is waging an "intimidation campaign" against personnel of the TV station, freezing their assets, interrogating their relatives and "threatening to snatch them from British streets if they do not quit their jobs". Iran's Ministry of Intelligence had previously named the employees of Iran International as "enemy of the state", writing on its website that those who "serve foreigners" and "betray the country" will be punished.[60] The same publication wrote in May 2020 that Iran International is thought to be target of a state-sponsored programme that "has sought to discredit its reporting and trace its followers" by creating replicas of its social media accounts. Instagram was criticized for hosting the fake accounts.[20]"

From the WSJ in Oct, just because US officials have not seen that evidence at the time does not make it untrue

DUBAI—Iranian security officials helped plan Hamas’s Saturday surprise attack on Israel and gave the green light for the assault at a meeting in Beirut last Monday, according to senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah, another Iran-backed militant group.
Officers of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had worked with Hamas since August to devise the air, land and sea incursions—the most significant breach of Israel’s borders since the 1973 Yom Kippur War—those people said.
Details of the operation were refined during several meetings in Beirut attended by IRGC officers and representatives of four Iran-backed militant groups, including Hamas, which holds power in Gaza, and Hezbollah, a Shiite militant group and political faction in Lebanon, they said.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-israel-hamas-strike-planning-bbe07b25

https://archive.ph/XK0kV

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

. Testing the "Iron Dome" and interference by any Islamic neighbour was exposed. Iran concluded  "Matter Closed".

Israel hasn't commented on whether they also view the matter as being closed .

Israel could use this episode to bomb Irans nuclear facility 

10 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

And just how will anyone be punished if found guilty? 

Radovan Karadžić (Serbian Cyrillic: Радован Караџић, pronounced [râdoʋaːn kâradʒitɕ]; born 19 June 1945) is a Bosnian Serb politician who was convicted of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).[2] He was the president of Republika Srpska during the Bosnian War.

40 years in prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radovan_Karadžić

Edited by MangoKorat

10 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

The initial reporting had many "Israelis, being raped, pillaged, and beheaded, Babies cut from womb and thrown into a pyre. 

No real condemnation of 33,000 persons lives being vanquished.  Let us now focus on Israel v Iran. instead

Many Israelis were raped but that's on different topics.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Twice now you were provided with new and reliable proof that the late Iranian general Mohammad Reza Zahedi had a “strategic role in planning and executing the Al-Aqsa Storm.", the massacre that led to the slaughter of 1000s of innocent Israelis and Palestinians. From Bkk Brian just now and from me yesterday at 12:12pm. 

Yet you post old disformative information to mislead.  But at least I see  from your link that you now trust US MSM and government. 👍 

I appreciate the effort, but BKK Brian & you have both provided the same story from one source - A Saudi Arabian fake media company based in London, that cannot be found on websites such as mediafactcheck.com.

Even the Times Of Israel has acknowledged that Hamas stated very clearly why they did what they did, and Hamas has denied any involvement from Iran. So again, who are we to believe? US intelligence, Hamas and the Times of Israel, or Iran International - a Saudi media company aimed at taking down Iran?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/irans-guard-corps-hamas-oct-7-attack-was-revenge-for-killing-of-soleimani-in-2020/

Iran: Oct. 7 attack was revenge for killing of Soleimani in 2020; Hamas: No it wasn’t

IRGC also says it is ‘very aware’ why Israel allegedly assassinated another top general in Damascus; Gaza’s terrorist rulers insist vicious massacres were ‘Palestinian resistance’

However, Hamas swiftly denied the Iranian claim and reiterated that it attacked Israel over what it described as “the dangers threatening the Al-Aqsa Mosque,” referring to the key Islamic site on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem.

In a statement, the terror group said that “all Palestinian resistance actions” are a response to what it called the “occupation and its ongoing aggression against our people and the holy places.”

On the day of the attack, which Hamas dubbed ““Operation Al-Aqsa Deluge,” the terror group’s military commander Muhammad Deif said in a recorded message it was launched in retaliation for Israel’s “desecration” of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and was a follow-up of previous warnings by the group.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

I repeat the information from yesterday which included a reliability reference: 

Reference [here]. Reliability of the reference. [here]

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

I appreciate the effort, but BKK Brian & you have both provided the same story from one source - A Saudi Arabian fake media company based in London, that cannot be found on websites such as mediafactcheck.com.

Even the Times Of Israel has acknowledged that Hamas stated very clearly why they did what they did, and Hamas has denied any involvement from Iran. So again, who are we to believe? US intelligence, Hamas and the Times of Israel, or Iran International - a Saudi media company aimed at taking down Iran?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/irans-guard-corps-hamas-oct-7-attack-was-revenge-for-killing-of-soleimani-in-2020/

Its only a fake media company to you and Iran, says a lot about you eh

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't care who you believe, its not about you, I just suggested to not get to stuck on  reports when new information comes out, I also read the article I posted and know exactly what the source which is Coalition Council of Islamic Revolution Forces (also known by its Persian acronym SHANA. The media that first reported being as you sayhttps://www.iranintl.com/ 

image.png.43ee1b9c51bc0fb941a6dfda8efdcc42.png

https://www.iranintl.com/en/afghanistan-en

What's wrong with a media outlet being against Iran and providing uncensored news that is stifled there? Yes Iran hates them:

"The Times reported that Iran is waging an "intimidation campaign" against personnel of the TV station, freezing their assets, interrogating their relatives and "threatening to snatch them from British streets if they do not quit their jobs". Iran's Ministry of Intelligence had previously named the employees of Iran International as "enemy of the state", writing on its website that those who "serve foreigners" and "betray the country" will be punished.[60] The same publication wrote in May 2020 that Iran International is thought to be target of a state-sponsored programme that "has sought to discredit its reporting and trace its followers" by creating replicas of its social media accounts. Instagram was criticized for hosting the fake accounts.[20]"

From the WSJ in Oct, just because US officials have not seen that evidence at the time does not make it untrue

DUBAI—Iranian security officials helped plan Hamas’s Saturday surprise attack on Israel and gave the green light for the assault at a meeting in Beirut last Monday, according to senior members of Hamas and Hezbollah, another Iran-backed militant group.
Officers of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had worked with Hamas since August to devise the air, land and sea incursions—the most significant breach of Israel’s borders since the 1973 Yom Kippur War—those people said.
Details of the operation were refined during several meetings in Beirut attended by IRGC officers and representatives of four Iran-backed militant groups, including Hamas, which holds power in Gaza, and Hezbollah, a Shiite militant group and political faction in Lebanon, they said.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/iran-israel-hamas-strike-planning-bbe07b25

https://archive.ph/XK0kV

It is a bit disingenuous to say I'm using old information, when the WSJ post you just sent was from the day after the original attack - October 8th 2023. US intelligence has since said they do not believe Tehran was involved. The US and Iran are hardly allies, so if they say they were not involved, I believe it because they hate each others guts! There is no reason for the US to lie in this way.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

It is a bit disingenuous to say I'm using old information, when the WSJ post you just sent was from the day after the original attack - October 8th 2023. US intelligence has since said they do not believe Tehran was involved. The US and Iran are hardly allies, so if they say they were not involved, I believe it because they hate each others guts! There is no reason for the US to lie in this way.

I'm using old information, when the WSJ post you just sent was from the day after the original attack - October 8th 2023.

You refused to accept the up to date link I gave you with your dishonest excuse that its fake media so, I also gave one from the very beginning, take your pick as they say. Both give the same viewpoints. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

I repeat the information from yesterday which included a reliability reference: 

Reference [here]. Reliability of the reference. [here]

That's the same source as BKK brian. You are only showing one biased source. The company cannot be found on media verification websites. Read into that what you will.

Screenshot (186).png

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

You have now been provided reasonable proof three times that the old information from US intelligence has been superseded. And you continue to imply that US intelligence is the most trustworthy of sources.  Do you know what they say about the Tehran regime? 

25 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Still clinging on to that old chestnut because you got nothing else.

BTW the terrorists have admitted that their figures are no where accurate. Sorry to disappoint. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

That's the same source as BKK brian. You are only showing one biased source. The company cannot be found on media verification websites. Read into that what you will.

Screenshot (186).png

Read into that what you will.

Read, just another lame attempt to discredit an established media company just because Iran and you don't like it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_International