BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I thought the world war would depend on how Israel responds to this? Discuss. Zelensky may have some input on this too.

Let me give you some clues.

Who is Israel's main backer?

Who is Iran's main backer?

If it was 2 different parties, the conflict would probably remain 'local'.  As it is, it is all linked to a proxy war between 2 main players.

10 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Note the title. Trigger

Is there any point in continuing this?  You have made your point quite clear, as have I.  It is for others reading this to decide whether they agree or not. I don't understand your views and you clearly don't understand my points.  I don't intend continuing this line of discussion as there is nothing more to say.

However, before we end this, I would like to set the record straight. You accused me of making a personal attack simply because I said you are living in your own world.  If you consider something so slight to be a slur, what is 'you and your mate' then?

• Agree 1

On 4/14/2024 at 6:01 PM, Keep Right said:

I think old sleepy Joe is responsible for Iran having the go-dads for this strike because old Joe sure does not have any. This strike would have never happened if a true patriot such as Trump were President of the United States. They will bring old sleepy Joe out of the basement for a few get tough speeches and then bring him back down for a nap, Israel is on their own and certainly capable of making glass out of Iran.

So I guess I must have imagined that time when Iran launched the biggest ballistic missile attack ever experienced by US forces, during Trump's presidency in January 2020.

Video shows 2020 Iranian missile attack on US forces at Iraqi base

https://youtu.be/lGP7hZQuTL0?si=aotk1z7PzKUxzifL

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

23 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Is there any point in continuing this?  You have made your point quite clear, as have I.  It is for others reading this to decide whether they agree or not. I don't understand your views and you clearly don't understand my points.  I don't intend continuing this line of discussion as there is nothing more to say.

However, before we end this, I would like to set the record straight. You accused me of making a personal attack simply because I said you are living in your own world.  If you consider something so slight to be a slur, what is 'you and your mate' then?

I tried to get it back on topic but impossible so no point in continuing. Agreed.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So I guess I must have imagined that time when Iran launched the biggest ballistic missile attack ever experienced by US forces, during Trump's presidency in January 2020.

Video shows 2020 Iranian missile attack on US forces at Iraqi base

https://youtu.be/lGP7hZQuTL0?si=aotk1z7PzKUxzifL

That was in response to Trump killing Qasem Soleimani, correct?

No US servicemen were killed in the Iranian strike.

Trump really shut Iran down. too bade Biden got them back going...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

It's so cut and dry that the Jewish State is in the wrong here. This was not an aggression by Iran, this was a defensive action and a direct responds to the Jewish attack.

Sick antisemitic and inflammatory rubbish.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

You are allowed to say 'Jews' now and 'Jewish State' is the official political term. Get updated, bro.

Of course, don't let them weaponize antisemitism. 

• Confused 4
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

You are allowed to say 'Jews' now and 'Jewish State' is the official political term. Get updated, bro.

I’m not your bro and your post was a vile antisemitic rant. 

25 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

It's so cut and dry that the Jewish State is in the wrong here. This was not an aggression by Iran, this was a defensive action and a direct responds to the Jewish attack.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

What was the Jewish state attacking when Iran launched the strike? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That was in response to Trump killing Qasem Soleimani, correct?

No US servicemen were killed in the Iranian strike.

Trump really shut Iran down. too bade Biden got them back going...

Although no US service personnel were killed, that may have been more due to luck than judgement.  110 of them suffered "traumatic brain injury" and while most were able to return to duty fairly quickly, the long term prognosis for the 27 that had to be medevacked to the US was unclear at the time.

However the whole point is that the idea that the Iranians would never have dared to launch a missile attack in retaliation for an attack on them when Trump was President is totally and demonstrably false.

40 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

Iran wasn't attacked, they took out terrorists leaders in Syria.......🙄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What was the Jewish state attacking when Iran launched the strike? 

The Jewish state was attacking Iranian assets for decades, it's proxies, military personal, military installations, assassinations, Iranian scientists, and so on. It was always tit for tat, a shadow war. What did change recently?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Although no US service personnel were killed, that may have been more due to luck than judgement.  110 of them suffered "traumatic brain injury" and while most were able to return to duty fairly quickly, the long term prognosis for the 27 that had to be medevacked to the US was unclear at the time.

However the whole point is that the idea that the Iranians would never have dared to launch a missile attack in retaliation for an attack on them when Trump was President is totally and demonstrably false.

So back to work in a day of two after suffering "traumatic brain injuries", got it. 

Obama's dream was a US-Iran alliance in the reason and did all he could to make that happen, including the JCPOA, the funding that went with it, and providing Iran with the drone technology they are using against Israel, and that Russia is using against Ukraine. 

Trump came in and got out of the JCPOA, sanctioned Iran, bombed Isis, killed their general, got the Abraham Accords going, moved the Embassy to Jerusalem, put the Houthis on a real terror watch list and left Iran broke. 

Biden came in and eased sanctions, tried to get back into the JCPOA, paid them billions in ransom and took the Houthis off the terror watch list, and now he's telling Israel not to retaliate. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

I think I am on that picture! The guy with the blue hoodie. What's wrong with that?

You have a neo Nazis flag as your avatar and you ask what's wrong with that, seriously don't you know!

• Like 1

Israel's army chief Herzi Halevi has pledged Israel will respond after Iran launched an attack against Israel at the weekend. The government's war cabinet met again Monday to weigh its response. There has been no announcement of any definite action. But Herzi Halevi said Iran will face consequences.

For more on this, we talk to Yossi Mekelberg, Professor of International Relations and Associate Fellow of the MENA Programme at Chatham House. 

And we talk to DW correspondent Amien Essif, who is following events in Jerusalem for us.

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel's army chief Herzi Halevi has pledged Israel will respond after Iran launched an attack against Israel at the weekend. The government's war cabinet met again Monday to weigh its response. There has been no announcement of any definite action. But Herzi Halevi said Iran will face consequences.

For more on this, we talk to Yossi Mekelberg, Professor of International Relations and Associate Fellow of the MENA Programme at Chatham House. 

And we talk to DW correspondent Amien Essif, who is following events in Jerusalem for us.

So Biden told Putin not to and he did, and he told Iran not to and they did, and now he's telling Israel not to...

8 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

So Netanyahu  is determined  to compound his maniacal desire to perpetuate escalation of conflict.

Let him take Israel down that path but let him do it alone.

It's pretty much all of Israel, not just Netanyahu. The left just likes to focus on Netanyahu, so they can pretend they just hate Netanyahu, when it's really Israel and the US they hate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

"I think most people agree that Iran is a pretty bad regime"

'Pretty bad'? That's a massive understatement. I think you need to do a bit more research on the Iranian regime my friend. 

"If we all followed international law, this wouldn't have happened in the first place - because Israel wouldn't exist."

Please explain why Israel wouldn't exist if international law was followed. 

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

"I think most people agree that Iran is a pretty bad regime"

'Pretty bad'? That's a massive understatement. I think you need to do a bit more research on the Iranian regime my friend. 

"If we all followed international law, this wouldn't have happened in the first place - because Israel wouldn't exist."

Please explain why Israel wouldn't exist if international law was followed. 

Who cares how Iranian citizens are treated by their regime or if they are oppressed its their country no one else's business.

• Confused 2

I'm not trawling old threads but a member thinks it's ok to take out a terrorist planner in Syria. Why then has Israel not taken out the leaders of Hamas who are sitting in their plush Penthouses in Doha ?

"If they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."

So, since we have all concluded that Israel is the aggressor - how far is its lap dog, the US, willing to go for their agenda? I see memes about ads for White boys from the South already to join the military.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

So, since we have all concluded that Israel is the aggressor

No, that is something that you have incorrectly concluded; you do not speak for any other posters on this forum, and nor do you have the right to claim to so do .... wind your neck in 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, AreYouGerman said:

"If they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."

So, since we have all concluded that Israel is the aggressor - how far is its lap dog, the US, willing to go for their agenda? I see memes about ads for White boys from the South already to join the military.

You may have concluded that Israel is the aggressor and other antisemites but as Joseph Goebbels said "tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth". 

• Agree 1