BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Can we bring China and North Korea into it too? Nah you are in the wrong topic, this is not about Ukraine and Russia.

The title is Iran Potentially Triggers World War 3 - note, World War.  A conflict purely in the Middle East would not be a World War.  Putin is involved with Iran, is making threats regarding the current situation and is at war himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I think most people agree that Iran is a pretty bad regime, but that doesn't mean we can do whatever the hell we like to people we don't like and don't agree with. If we all followed international law, this wouldn't have happened in the first place - because Israel wouldn't exist.

"I think most people agree that Iran is a pretty bad regime"

'Pretty bad'? That's a massive understatement. I think you need to do a bit more research on the Iranian regime my friend. 

"If we all followed international law, this wouldn't have happened in the first place - because Israel wouldn't exist."

Please explain why Israel wouldn't exist if international law was followed. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You seem to think it will all go one way, but reality says that for every regime member assassinated, expect a few of your own to be targeted. That sort of thing is why civilised countries don't go around blowing up other countries consulates.

Civilised? This is the Middle East we're talking about here...

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

The title is Iran Potentially Triggers World War 3 - note, World War.  A conflict purely in the Middle East would not be a World War.  Putin is involved with Iran, is making threats regarding the current situation and is at war himself.

Yep, Iran, not Russia or Ukraine, or China, Taiwan, North Korea, turkey, NATO. 

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

"I think most people agree that Iran is a pretty bad regime"

'Pretty bad'? That's a massive understatement. I think you need to do a bit more research on the Iranian regime my friend. 

"If we all followed international law, this wouldn't have happened in the first place - because Israel wouldn't exist."

Please explain why Israel wouldn't exist if international law was followed. 

Because it was against the League of Nations charter & Mandate system to partition the land in the first place.

Just now, coolcarer said:

Which part of World War are you having difficulty with?

The conflict in the Middle East, if it was only the Middle East, would be unlikely to trigger a World War. Parties are getting involved that are already involved in other conflicts and what is going on between Iran (and its proxies) and Israel is very likely to affect the outcome of the Ukraine/Russia war as funds are clearly being diverted/reserved.

3 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Which part of World War are you having difficulty with?

The conflict in the Middle East, if it was only the Middle East, would be unlikely to trigger a World War. Parties are getting involved that are already involved in other conflicts and what is going on between Iran (and its proxies) and Israel is very likely to affect the outcome of the Ukraine/Russia war as funds are clearly being diverted/reserved.

The bit where you and your mate are only discussing Ukraine, Russia, Putin and Zelensky in the war over there. It got f all to do with what’s going on Between Hamas, Iran and Israel, a different war with its own numerous topics. Please don’t derail this one 

15 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Just as the war in Gaza is considered as a war with Iran through its Proxy, Hamas. The war in Ukraine is seen as a proxy war between Russia and the US.  Putin is now chipping in, warning the US and is a known supporter of Iran.

All these things are interlinked and intertwined - either in full view or behind the scenes.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The bit where you and your mate are only discussing Ukraine, Russia, Putin and Zelensky in the war over there. It got f all to do with what’s going on Between Hamas, Iran and Israel, a different war with its own numerous topics. Please don’t derail this one 

I repeat......The title is Iran Potentially Triggers World War 3.

The fact that you have difficulty understanding what that means and the implications of it does not make it off topic.

Edited by MangoKorat

Just as the war in Gaza is considered as a war with Iran through its Proxy, Hamas. The war in Ukrain is seen as a proxy war between Russia and the US.  Putin is now chipping in, warning the US and is a known supporter of Iran.

All these things are interlinked and intertwined - either in full view or behind the 

Some have hard to see a bigger picture. 

• Thanks 1

Your essay post was the Ukraine Russian war, stop being dishonest. Anyway your mate has gone now so you’ve got nobody left to speak to about other wars. 

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Your essay post was the Ukraine Russian war, stop being dishonest. Anyway your mate has gone now so you’ve got nobody left to speak to about other wars. 

Live in your own world buddy. Of course the war with Japan had nothing to do with WW2 according to your narrow mind.

Live in your own world buddy. Of course the war with Japan had nothing to do with WW2 according to your narrow mind.

If we were in a WW2 topic I would discuss that if I was interested in it. But I notice you have resorted to personal attacks now. Didn’t take long.

45 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

For all the terrorist activity they are behind, all the trouble they are stirring up across the ME, and the despicable way they treat their own citizens, the Iranian regime deserve zero protection IMO, no matter where they are. 

This is the core problem, when both sides have the same rhetoric and wish the same uppon their counterpart. 

You know Usa is seen as the big satan in some parts of the world. Brits the same, 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

I know it is so, I wish it was not so. Obama do love him some Iran...

Cheap fox rhetoric. 

Who started the war on terror? Who turn the bak to Iraq after the war against Iran, Who bombed Iran 12 years continously after the first dessert war? 

Who supported and trained Taliban? 

Seriously, Oboma? Biden? 

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some have hard to see a bigger picture. 

Absolutely right! I just don't see how someone can misunderstand the meaning of World War. WW2 in the narrow view could be initially be seen as a war between the UK and Germany.  We all know that it was far more than that, in terms of how it developed and in simmering tensions in other areas beforehand.

Putin seems determined to get involved this time and as usual, is on the 'wrong side'.  A discussion regarding his war in Ukraine and his expansionist desires is totally relevant and not only because of the proxy war between the US and Russia - some people just can't see it.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Because it was against the League of Nations charter & Mandate system to partition the land in the first place.

From what I've read the League of Nations approved the mandate for a Jewish state in the early 1920s, and when the League of Nations was dissolved in 1946 that mandate rolled over to the UN. 

Back on topic then:

Watch IDF Chief of the General Staff LTG Herzi Halevi thank 🇺🇸 @CENTCOM , 🇬🇧Armed forces, 🇫🇷 Armed Forces and other partners for their participation in Operation Iron Shield and address the Iranian attack:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Cheap fox rhetoric. 

Who started the war on terror? Who turn the bak to Iraq after the war against Iran, Who bombed Iran 12 years continously after the first dessert war? 

Who supported and trained Taliban? 

Seriously, Oboma? Biden? 

Shouldn't you be glued to CNN? 

Who removed sanctions? 

Who removed proxies from terrorist watch list? 

Who provided the funding? 

Who provided the drone technology? 

10 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

If we were in a WW2 topic I would discuss that if I was interested in it. But I notice you have resorted to personal attacks now. Didn’t take long.

What personal attack?  You do appear to be living in your own world.  As Hummin so eloquently put it, you fail to see the bigger picture. That is blinkered....AKA your own world.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Absolutely right! I just don't see how someone can misunderstand the meaning of World War. WW2 in the narrow view could be initially be seen as a war between the UK and Germany.  We all know that it was far more than that, it terms of how it developed and in simmering tensions in other areas beforehand.

Putin seems determined to get involved this time and as usual, is on the 'wrong side'.  A discussion regarding his war in Ukraine and his expansionist desires is totally relevant and not only because of the proxy war between the US and Russia - some people just can't see it.

He doesnt have to hard to find friends, I mean, why couldnt we keep our fingers out the arabic spring? Zyria ? 

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

What personal attack?  You do appear to be living in your own world.  As Hummin so eloquently put it, you fail to see the bigger picture. That is blinkered....AKA your own world.

There you go again. 

How do you think Israel will react to this failed attempt by Iran. Ask Putin first though

• Haha 1

There you go again. 

How do you think Israel will react to this failed attempt by Iran. Ask Putin first though

Pointless discussing a potential World War with someone who thinks its only about the conflict between Israel and Iran.

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Pointless discussing a potential World War with someone who thinks its only about the conflict between Israel and Iran.

Well, isn't it.....?  🤔

I thought the world war would depend on how Israel responds to this? Discuss. Zelensky may have some input on this too.

• Agree 1