Thousands of flights to and from Europe affected by suspected Russian jamming

Social Media

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

The USSR defended itself, that's all, same as Ukraine is doing. It then got Roosevelt and Churchill to agree to its annexation of the whole of Eastern Europe. Having invaded Poland alongside Germany in 1939. You're reading Russian history books I guess. The yanks saved Europe and never ever forget it. And the Pacific.

You  must be readin them there Yankee histree books then . The "Allies " won WW2 and don't you  ever make the mistake of forettin it !

Mubbee you should done check the list of "Allies" at the time !

Or does you only likes "fair weather friends"?

Edited by 0ffshore360
  • Confused 5

On 4/24/2024 at 2:12 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't around at the time to "remember", but I've read up on it and Russia saved Europe at the cost of some 40 million lives.

I'm not supposed to give history lessons on here, but the information is all out there.

Sorry John Wayne, but you didn't save us after all.

That's true but the Allies fought an actual World War; Europe, Asia, Australia\Oceania, Africa, N America, S America and the oceans and seas throughout the world.  Stalin fought the brunt of the war in Russia.  He was also allied with the Japanese and actually gave Japan information concerning Allied intelligence.  After the Allied victory of Okinawa, Stalin declared war on Japan in August of 1945 and invaded Manchuria.  He knew the Allies would invade Japan from the south.  He wanted a piece of it and would have invaded from the north.  If that happened Japan as we know it today would not exist.  It'd been another Germany; there would be North Japan and South Japan; North Tokyo and South Tokyo. It was also estimated that an invasion of Japan would have claimed at least a million lives.

I'm not disparaging the Russian people at all.  They suffered the most during the war and a lot of that is on Stalin.  To claim Stalin saved Europe is quite laughable.

• Agree 2

On 4/24/2024 at 8:16 AM, retarius said:

War is ugly, but European politicians love it, especially the Brits. I see only pain in the future. We need to get rid of these warmongering scum as our leaders, if there is to be a happy life for our kids and grandkids. Vote for peacemakers not warmongers. 

Agreed! Putin has to go.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, bradiston said:

The USSR defended itself, that's all, same as Ukraine is doing. It then got Roosevelt and Churchill to agree to its annexation of the whole of Eastern Europe. Having invaded Poland alongside Germany in 1939. You're reading Russian history books I guess. The yanks saved Europe and never ever forget it. And the Pacific.

No comparison. Russia had very powerful allies that were in the war. Ukraine is only getting funding. No troops from other countries with boots on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Roo Island said:

No comparison. Russia had very powerful allies that were in the war. Ukraine is only getting funding. No troops from other countries with boots on the ground.

What I meant was, the USSR initially, in 1939, was an ally of Germany and invaded Poland alongside Germany. The only reason they switched sides was because Hitler invaded Russia. That's why they say "Can't trust Putin any more than you could trust Hitler".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

What I meant was, the USSR initially, in 1939, was an ally of Germany and invaded Poland alongside Germany. The only reason they switched sides was because Hitler invaded Russia. That's why they say "Can't trust Putin any more than you could trust Hitler".

They were never a German ally. The division of Poland was done to create a buffer and gain time.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They were never a German ally. The division of Poland was done to create a buffer and gain time.

They certainly were allies. The Ribbentrop/Molotov pact stated just that. Create a buffer? Against whom? And gain time? Over whom? So dividing up Poland was perfectly acceptable? All that crap from Medvedev and Putin about being the saviours of Europe? Then carving off an enormous chunk of people and territory who in no way wanted anything to do with the hated Soviets. Plus ça change. They're hated everywhere and quite deservedly.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, bradiston said:

They certainly were allies. The Ribbentrop/Molotov pact stated just that. Create a buffer? Against whom? And gain time? Over whom? So dividing up Poland was perfectly acceptable? All that crap from Medvedev and Putin about being the saviours of Europe? Then carving off an enormous chunk of people and territory who in no way wanted anything to do with the hated Soviets. Plus ça change. They're hated everywhere and quite deservedly.

Your understanding of history is limited. 

• Confused 1