Going to Pattaya for the week tilac. Can you?

I think if you married a hooker from Pattaya as many do then it should be ok. How can she complain when she has probably been ran though thousands of times.

If married to a decent woman then probably using "chonburi" rather than Pattaya might be smarter?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

For us it is not a question, but I have been touring Thailand yearly on motorbikes, and no issues any places where I choose to sleepover. Pattaya is not a good destination because of boring roads, so 

Any way, it was more of a question of equality, and the trust between you two. Seen many wife's with older husbands let them go holiday with their friends. Girls I used to know from tourist areas before they got married, and who Im still fb friend with. 

"touring Thailand yearly on motorbikes" I just cannot fathom that scenario even in my worst nightmares. 

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Pretty much anywhere?? yeah OK 55555

I see you found that funny. I think your chain is a little tight. Probably only started this to see if other people can do what you can´t. Cheers!

28 minutes ago, Goat said:

I think if you married a hooker from Pattaya as many do then it should be ok. How can she complain when she has probably been ran though thousands of times.

If married to a decent woman then probably using "chonburi" rather than Pattaya might be smarter?

Ok, you said decent. I assume you do not take her for having an education. In that case she would know what most people mean with Chon Buri.

Why go to Pattaya and pay 1,500 Baht for a hooker when, if you play your cards right, you can probably convince your wife to do it with you for only 1,000 Baht, and then you don't even need to leave home in Isaan?

• Haha 1

Also, if you live in Isaan, why travel all the way to Pattaya for Isaan hookers? Wouldn't they be a bit fresher if you hook and shuck them right at the source? Certainly a time saver to get them locally at least.

That would also be like living in a fishing village in Rayong and going to Bangkok to eat in a seafood restaurant, wouldn't it?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are you allowed to take off solo for some R&R? Just thinking some of the Isaan dwellers might need some alone time now and again. You know a break from the ball and chain.

Just don't get caught and watch your line app. Don't sleep with a village neighbours cousin.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Why not quote the original: "He/She who pays the piper, calls the tune"?

There is no piper in this scenario.  One has the gold. Chances are that it's the geezer, not the young lady. 

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Si Racha best🤣

9 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are you allowed to take off solo for some R&R? Just thinking some of the Isaan dwellers might need some alone time now and again. You know a break from the ball and chain.

Presumably the answer is no. The Isaan wife isn't going to allow you to return to the scene of the crime and risk being traded in for a newer model which has less mileage on the gear box. 

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Why didn't you marry someone who is your socio-economic and intellectual equal?

That would be a huge mistake. One I made earlier in life and will never make again. We are indoctrinated to believe that is what we are supposed to do. No thanks. You want the top ten reasons? I will give you a few. 

Even though my Thai woman is very smart, I do not get much intellectual stimulation from the relationship. But, I get so much else. And in all of the relationships I was ever in with really smart women, who I got intellectual stimulation from, there was also so much grief to contend with. Such combative women. So much competition. Yikes. Thrilled to death to have left all of that behind. When I was only in the relationship for a year or so, I had dinner with a very sharp American friend. I asked him about that. He laughed. He said, when you feel the need for intellectual stimulation, call me. We can hook up for the meal, and break down the origins of the cosmos. Do not fret. That same brain that gives you that stimulation, also tends to give you so much grief, it is not worth it, on any level. Get over it. Enjoy all of the other qualities, that make your day so delightful and fulfilling.

Great advice, that I have followed to this day. I learned long ago that an intellectual woman, who can match me intellectually, also tends to be a combative woman, and the chance of harmony is low. I for one, love a harmonious house, where my woman is joyful and light hearted, with a great sense of humor, and an amazing attitude toward life, and us. Just my point of view. Whatever works for you, stick with it.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Agree 1

Over the years my woman and I have developed a very independent relationship. I encouraged it to move in that direction and at this point in time I'll take trips with my friends, I'll take solo trips occasionally, she'll take trips with her friends, or she'll get in the car and drive up North for a few days or a week. I go back to the States for a month, sometimes she comes with me, sometimes she doesn't. It's an absolutely delightful lifestyle, we're both very comfortable with it, and what I do on my own time is on me. 

I have a lot of friends who don't have the cajones, or the ingenuity to create a lifestyle like this, and they're very, very envious. I know a lot of men that are really emasculated even here, and they would never think of going somewhere and leaving their woman behind, or letting their woman travel on her own. The ball and chain is just not my style, or hers. And it really works for us. We both absolutely love our independence. 

If you are non independent homeboy that's all good, as long as that's your own choice, and not her dictate. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Agree 1

i have a friend, well acquaintance, here from the uk. he has been involved in the sex industry for years, had thai and filipino gfs and even married, for a while, a filipino. he has always slept with prostitutes when in relationships, and saw nothing wrong with this. however, when i asked if he would be ok with his gf/wife doing the same he replied; no way! 

21 minutes ago, jesimps said:

You couldn't pay me to leave "that crap hole", or cheat on the wife. 

You couldn't pay me to go to "that crap hole Isaan" and leave all the great Isaan hooker's behinds in Pattaya. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dioj said:

Presumably the answer is no. The Isaan wife isn't going to allow you to return to the scene of the crime and risk being traded in for a newer model which has less mileage on the gear box. 

Funny thing is I never mentioned cheating or hookers in my OP. Goes to show where everyone's mind is.

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I see you found that funny. I think your chain is a little tight. Probably only started this to see if other people can do what you can´t. Cheers!

I live a short drive from Pattaya. I go there regularly for the Malls, movies, dining and having a few beers around the tourist spots. 

44 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I live a short drive from Pattaya. I go there regularly for the Malls, movies, dining and having a few beers around the tourist spots. 

Sure you do. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Goat said:

Just dug up your real picture

g.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Funny thing is I never mentioned cheating or hookers in my OP. Goes to show where everyone's mind is.

So now you’re suggesting you were alluding to the TAT narrative that Pattaya is a family oriented tourist destination? But at the same time you said R&R, which is a term typically used by the American military. The only reason military personal would go to Pattaya for "R&R" would be for some good old fashioned debauchery. In fact, Pattaya first ended up on the map during the Vietnam war because that’s where all the soldiers went for their “R&R”. So your attempt at mis-redirection is a fail. If it was really a family vacation place then why would someone even need to go alone to Pattaya and leave his Isaan wife at home? There are also many scenic and relaxing places closer to Isaan that someone can go to relax in peace than to travel 6-8 hours to the Eastern Seaboard. And, frankly, if I wasn’t looking for a bit of carnal knowledge, then Patts is probably the last place I would go. Nice try though bro. 

12 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

A fair trade when she wants to go and spend a week in a Wat with all the Monks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly what a mate's missus (60yrs old) does about 3-4 times a year. He goes to Bangkok/Pattaya. Happy days for him. No issues at all. 

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Always, I go 4 times a year to various places, sometimes more if I do a weekend break or 2 in Udon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dioj said:

So now you’re suggesting you were alluding to the TAT narrative that Pattaya is a family oriented tourist destination? But at the same time you said R&R, which is a term typically used by the American military. The only reason military personal would go to Pattaya for "R&R" would be for some good old fashioned debauchery. In fact, Pattaya first ended up on the map during the Vietnam war because that’s where all the soldiers went for their “R&R”. So your attempt at mis-redirection is a fail. If it was really a family vacation place then why would someone even need to go alone to Pattaya and leave his Isaan wife at home? There are also many scenic and relaxing places closer to Isaan that someone can go to relax in peace than to travel 6-8 hours to the Eastern Seaboard. And, frankly, if I wasn’t looking for a bit of carnal knowledge, then Patts is probably the last place I would go. Nice try though bro. 

Thank you for your definition of R&R. I'll simply take your reply as a big no you're not allowed by your wifey to go alone to Pattaya. You're right it is such a dreadful place with it's 5 star beach hotels, fine dining. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:59 AM, EVENKEEL said:

All the sad and confused faces tells the story.

Perhaps some of the guys here are locked up like caged animals, only allowed to send sad or confused emoji's, never allowed out to play. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Perhaps some of the guys here are locked up like caged animals, only allowed to send sad or confused emoji's, never allowed out to play. 

When I was living there trips to the one foreigner bar to guzzle massive amounts of big beers has the highlight. The moment I cracked a beer at home it was a signal to the locals to come by for free beer.

Ran into a few foreigners who were captured due to spending all their money on a house and car.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1