Ex-Police Chief's Wife Suspected of Seeking UK Citizenship to Escape Charges

webfact

19 minutes ago, john donson said:

she might even claim free housing and other benefits... claiming she is poor or political asylum seeker... 

Well, the political asylum route might have legs.

In a country like Thailand, which has a volatile political situation, it might be an attractive option.

Seemed to work for UK long stays for Yingluck and Red Bull guy.

Reality is, if she is coming in hot with X00m THB, then I am sure the UK will welcome her with open arms. We must maintain our status as the global money laundering capital. We’ll even provide advice on which offshore tax haven to park the funds in, to avoid those prying eyes. 

I just pity the poor Thai taxpayers whose money disappears off-shore to enrich the chosen few…

Of course, it’s rare that any of these cases ever get prosecuted by the rest of the establishment, because they are all at it. The most severe punishment that is available is to merely turn off the money tap. 

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I doubt she would risk being sent to Rwanda while her asylum application is considered.

She could claim £3,000 if she volunteered for a holiday in Rwanda.

• Haha 1

The Police General has been Suspended from duty amid these allegations of course full pay would come with that, maybe the wife trying to flee the country would pretty much tell you he is 100% guilty,  but I'm sure due diligence will be done and all involved will walk free

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

The UK does have anti money laundering laws which require immigrants to prove their source of wealth.

For her to show-up and probably buy a multi-million £ mansion in London, she would need to show how she got all that money when her husband only made around 60,000baht month salary.

Hm,...what about all those Russian Oligarchs that bought multi-million £ mansion in London ??? did they had to prove there fortune came from legit incomes !?!?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

This story is about  Nipapan Sukwimon, the wife of Police General Torsak Sukwimon, not Dr Sirinadda Hakparn the wife of Police General Surachate Hakparn. 

Thanks for putting me straight about the individual concerned. I just got the impression it was about Big Joke's wife

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...what about all those Russian Oligarchs that bought multi-million £ mansion in London ??? did they had to prove there fortune came from legit incomes !?!?

Just make a big enough donation to the Tory party, they'll even throw in a peerage.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Unfortunately, Oligarchs do have provable sources of wealth & income as they pretty-much own every business, industry, and commodity in Russia.  

The UK laws go after individuals, wives and their children who had no legitimate means of earning that kind of money based-on public service salaries in Third World countries.

7 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, you have been paying 100k USD for a passport. You know that you almost get one for free based on your own nationality, right? Must be wanted. Have a red notice? 

Yes, I have four passports. 100K is less than 3% when I wanted to hide 3 million from patent trolls. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PomPolo said:

There is an element of irony here - these people either directly or indirectly have been making immigration difficult for the British for years and now want a forever British visa themselves to avoid criminal charges, only in Thailand!!!

Why do you think it’s only Britain that is difficult ? Most of the main Eu countries have stringent visa rules !  Usually taking a few years and then you risk being rejected.  I suppose lots of people wanting a UK visa is because of the lesser language barriers.

4 minutes ago, geisha said:

I suppose lots of people wanting a UK visa is because of the lesser language barriers.

Well it's not for the lifestyle!

22 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Well it's not for the lifestyle!

Depends how much money you have ! I know most of our South of France second home owners live in the UK.  Must say the UK weather is awful.

2 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

Why would any country give citizenship to any Thai....when Thailand does not grant citizenship to others? 

Grow up Thailand. 

Thailand grants citizenship every year to foreigners. I think they limit it to 100 people per nationality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Big Joke's wife is bigger than him; daughter of the late Bancha Panitchapong or Hea Cha Florida, Hat Yai businessman (real estate and transport), her inheritance is over Baht 1 billion - I don't think they're running away anywhere.

Thank you Stocky

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

People just don't realize the kind of money involved, for the top clowns in the RTP pyramid scheme, like Torsak and the Joke. It would sure be nice to see some of them convicted. It would demonstrate a true step forward. 

As the wife of a crook, she should pay a heavy price for his crimes. Same applies to their kids. They benefitted from the ill gotten wealth. At a minimum they should be subject to great humiliation and outed. 

I'm sorry Mike, but this is Thailand.  If they are outed, instead of humiliation, they will be subjected to jealous envy.

There is no western-style justice being served here.  This is simply a power struggle with winners and losers.

Thaksin is cleaning house from behind the scenes to make room for his loyalists and consolidate his return to power.

As they say, sit back and enjoy the show.  🍿

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

My maths is pretty basic, but receiving a total of 200 million baht from monthly payments of 159,000 baht maximum would take more than 104 years....

I think it should read multiple monthly payments in the range to Bt 159k . Even so. would still need to be an awful lot of them ! 

16 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Surely UK police checks would not allow this to move past first base. 

Police checks, if they do them, would show that she had no criminal  convictions so what would be the issue?

• Agree 1