British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Is Britain perfect, no it has lots of issues, more issues than Thailand. 

Why doesn't this clown go back to Britain and fix things there or better still go to Australia it's going downhill quickly. 

I like Thailand and all its quirks and features that why I choose to live here. 

You say positive outcomes, there's nothing negative about Thailand, leave it alone. 

Thailand has made too many changes over the many years I've been living here, making changes, giving in to these moaners. 

We have clean drinking water.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

Did you just damage the nation there?

Careful as you go there......

Having said that, I  know this youtube channel - it's named 'Esoteric Entrepreneur' and the guy is a bit of a nut 🤣

He's started posting videos again, if they boot out this idiot then we had better all get ready to lick boots for the rest of our lives or risk his inevitable fate - I reckon he will almost certainly get kicked out.

Just wondering, if you get kicked out of Thailand do they pay the  Air fare. ?.. it may suit some if so....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, actonion said:

Just wondering, if you get kicked out of Thailand do they pay the  Air fare. ?.. it may suit some if so....

Apparently not, and neither does your embassy. You languish in detention until you get funds to pay the air fare

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

The Tourist Police in Thailand have warned a British tourist identified as Mr. Thomas, against posting videos criticising the country on social media, citing the potential harm to the nation's image and security.

The deputy inspector of Mae Hong Son Tourist Police, Pol. Lt. Col. Suwit Boonyaphen, stated that Mr. Thomas's videos were critical of Thai public and private agencies.

Mr. Thomas was tracked down at his residence in Pai district where police urged him to understand the potential consequences of his actions. He was ordered to delete all his videos hosted on YouTube and other social media platforms and was taken to the police station for recording the incident.

Mr. Thomas was informed that if he continues posting potentially harmful material about Thailand online, he could face prosecution under Thai law.

Nevertheless, a senior officer from the national Tourist Police headquarters stated the existing evidence would be forwarded to the Immigration Police for further action, implying that Mr. Thomas has already violated Thai law.

Mr Thomas has now apologized on YouTube:

TOP Picture: Naewna

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-02

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Hey dude, check your drug use:coffee1:

31 minutes ago, baipaibkk said:

i read this about Tourist Visa, How he can working in Thailand with a Tourist Visa

Many do, watch this space

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

We'd all be deported if they read this forum.

'Teak door' forum seems to get away with it and have been doing so for many a year.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks, I just looked it up and he has a very apologetic video on his frontpage.

It seems he realized what he has to do to keep on staying here.

Seems a bit over the top, could be construed as sarcastic. He's seen smoking a large joint, and showing his ignorance about a great king, just dumb all round.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, proton said:

Seems a bit over the top, could be construed as sarcastic. He's seen smoking a large joint, and showing his ignorance about a great king, just dumb all round.

Nothing like a little bit of a*** licking. Hey?

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 minutes ago, john donson said:

the videos still exist... not deleted... he  'unlist' them

but easy to find...

I wonder if yaba might be a problem?

What a <deleted>. Now he makes a public mea culpa 😂 admitted he only makes negative YT videos because that get more traffic. Another loser wannabe social influencer.

• Like 1