Man dies in Bangkok after utility shaft lid breaks, causing a fatal fall

16 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Oh really. LOS should be a 1st world country eh.

Where's your economics degree ?

why shouldn't thailand be a first world country by now ? decades of world trade. loads of resources and manpower here. great location on the world map with access to oceans on both sides.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The plywood was 1 cm thick, and the temporary cover was awaiting replacement by a concrete slab. The contractor stated that the thickness of the temporary cover was deemed sufficient, considering the hole was in the middle of the road and not at a crossing point

So what about the weight of a motorcycle or car?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So what about the weight of a motorcycle or car?

Think that was just the terminology used. 

The manholes are in what I would call the central reservation, between the two sides of the road, see the pictures posted.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

why shouldn't thailand be a first world country by now ? decades of world trade. loads of resources and manpower here. great location on the world map with access to oceans on both sides.

Because the Thai baht isn't one of the chosen currencies. What percentage of world reserves are in Thai baht ? Not even .1%. While the Canadian dollar for example is 2% of global reserves. And the Euro is 60% and so on. 

The game is completely rigged against the have-nots. They were poor when they were dual debtors. And they are still poor when they are creditors 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He fell into a duct meant for electric wires. The shaft, filled with water

What could go wrong!

35 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Because the Thai baht isn't one of the chosen currencies. What percentage of world reserves are in Thai baht ? Not even .1%. While the Canadian dollar for example is 2% of global reserves. And the Euro is 60% and so on. 

The game is completely rigged against the have-nots. They were poor when they were dual debtors. And they are still poor when they are creditors 

rigged is right. so lets not pretend its a natural thing. 

12 hours ago, stoner said:

what are you on about ? you proved my point with your comment. well back in my day we were just as bad but now we have it sorted. 

back in the day here and now is same same. 

in 2024 LOS should pretty much be a first world country is kind of my point. but you keep on telling me i am bashing. 

typical. 

Most of us know LOS is decades behind the west in many things, safety is one, which is my point, but unlike you, I accept that.

Plus, I don't jump on the Thai bash wagon, LOS will catch up, eventually..😉

Just now, transam said:

Most of us know LOS is decades behind the west in many things, safety is one, which is my point, but unlike you, I accept that.

Plus, I don't jump on the Thai bash wagon, LOS will catch up, eventually..😉

you keep reinforcing my point. point being they have had decades to catch up and haven't.

11 hours ago, Peabody said:

So, what are you saying? Sounds like either "Thai people are not normal" or "Thai people can't be expected to do their job correctly".

Don't you think you should stop slamming your host country?

Try reading what I write a few times before coming to "your" conclusion...🙄

A new twist to the dangers of jaywalking.   Follow the rules & laws, and sh!t usually doesn't happen.

Overpass walkway wasn't that far away.   

image.png.90d68bc760cb37b4464196bec8efbe10.png

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

Think that was just the terminology used. 

The manholes are in what I would call the central reservation, between the two sides of the road, see the pictures posted.

Ooooop's

14 hours ago, stoner said:

you're right. these people have a clear inability to think. 

Not true, however they are not encouraged to think critically or laterally from the get go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have grave doubts about the strength of many of the rusty welded steel grids one sees on the roads. Some held together by the remaing rusty flakes. It seems amazing we don't see more " cement lorry with wheels stuck in drain hole" stories.

21 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Not true, however they are not encouraged to think critically or laterally from the get go.

yes which has inhibited their ability to think.

• Sad 1