French woman's ฿100m Estate Under Investigation after Sudden Death in Thailand

4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A camera avoids the death being suspicious, now the camera is switched off that's the classic way to hide the crime

I agree but it is also for privacy to pass away.

So, I don't know if it is a case or just suicide. I rely on RTP.🙏

3 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

I agree but it is also for privacy to pass away.

So, I don't know if it is a case or just suicide. I rely on RTP.🙏

If she made a note of the cameras being switched off in her will or with the lawyer then it's ok, but now is very suspicious 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A camera avoids the death being suspicious, now the camera is switched off that's the classic way to hide the crime

1 hour ago, ronster said:

The police seemingly checked the camera video and it showed the woman moving the camera with a sweeping brush while facing it .

A few articles on this story confirm the second quote.

This article is about the value of the estate - not the suicide.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If she made a note of the cameras being switched off in her will or with the lawyer then it's ok, but now is very suspicious 

Don't you think it's only suspicious because there is a lot of money involved? 

Imagine her brother would inherit? Or sister or kids? Wouldn't it be much easier to execute the will?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

A few articles on this story confirm the second quote.

This article is about the value of the estate - not the suicide.

Of course the amount is very important?

Under 100 million no inheritance tax?

Could make the government a lot of money.

The coverage on Thai media is quite open and believable,paying in advance for the cremation

is a very convincing argument.

Sounds like no one cared for her in the past ten years,only her house keeper.

Things like this do happen,i have seen it before.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobU said:

I don't know how she died but all methods of suicide can be faked. 

Not to mention that 'anything' can be a suicide in the eyes of the BiB, if it suits them, incl. someone hanging from a bridge, plastic bag over the head, and hands tied behind the back...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"Before her death, she had shrewdly disabled the CCTV to record her final moments"

That's very suspicious 

You'd make a good Thai policeman, did you figure out it was suspicious all on your own?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, john donson said:

5 villa's ?   all under company name ?   regular joe cannot own a small plot of land in his name, but she had 5 .... even at 49%,  did the maid own the other 51% ?

Oooooh, the envy of some.............:coffee1:

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

"Before her death, she had shrewdly disabled the CCTV to record her final moments"

That's very suspicious 

Yes. Why would she do that, instead of leaving it on to show beyond any doubt that it was suicide rather than murder? 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

No need for the word 'infamously' in the first sentence.  I'm amused by all the wacko theories--especially the maid doing it--this after serving her for many, many years.  Why murder her when she was dying?

How true, there's a few Inspector Clouseau's on here........🤭

Inspector Clouseau | Squire to the Giants

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

She's not dead.  The maid is actually the French woman.  She faked her death and will now get the money and the extras from the lawsuit. The boyfriend is just a <deleted>.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chris Daley said:

She's not dead.  The maid is actually the French woman.  She faked her death and will now get the money and the extras from the lawsuit. The boyfriend is just a <deleted>.

You are most definitely someone whose posts one must skip..........:coffee1:

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

All other reports stated that the camera angle had been changed. Not disabled.

If I read this report correctly, they are not questioning suicide (yet) but just the value of the estate.

The poor maid will probably only end up with 2/6d.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I thought I saw a video posted of someone (her?) using a broom to move the camera angle. It may have been to spare her family seeing the actual suiside. I can understand her feelings. If I can prevent my lingering death, that is what I will do. I just hope she had all the proper paperwork done, even then, it will be a battle.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

And the plot thicken, either the deceased wasn't in her right minds or completely detached from what things

really cost now days to leave 500k for a funeral unless it was for a royal, in any case, if i was related to the deceased

i would not leave a stone unturned to get to the bottom of this bizarre case...

As it doesn't affect you in any way at all, why do you care?

5 hours ago, RobU said:

Posted in error

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, RobU said:

Yes, why not? 24 hours is not a long time in hostage/kidnap situations. They had all the time in the world especially if it was the maid who screened visitors telling them that her very wealthy employer was not available. 

You seem to have lots of ideas and theories, yet little or nothing to back them up.

29 minutes ago, billd766 said:

As it doesn't affect you in any way at all, why do you care?

Because this is a discussion group and he is entitled to his opinion in this discussion 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You seem to have lots of ideas and theories, yet little or nothing to back them up.

This is a discussion group not a scientific forum that requires evidenced statement. They are my opinions and are valid in this group. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, jvs said:

Of course the amount is very important?

Under 100 million no inheritance tax?

Could make the government a lot of money.

Only that exceeding B100m is subject to IHT, so her estate could not make anything at all for the government if the B100m is accurate.  Even if it was 50% more it would only make the government B5m...peanuts for a government.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

50 minutes ago, RobU said:

This is a discussion group not a scientific forum that requires evidenced statement. They are my opinions and are valid in this group. 

But they are all negative with nothing to back it up.

For example, I could offer the opinion that you are crazy, but it would only be my opinion and worthless unless I could back it up.

That is merely an example and, no, I don't think you are crazy, but it is also an opinion.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Is everyone walking back their stories now? good to see. 

This was never the nice story everyone thought

Yes it is a nice story. :thumbsup:

Only the conspiracy theorists will be disappointed.

The people that count in Thailand, government and its employees, are happy with the findings of suicide. (As in the BP and others.)

Mind you, they are even more happy that they are sniffing around looking to see if the poor French lady's company set up is valid or if it used nominee shareholders.

The interior ministry will be looking to get their hands on the business if it is illegal and then they will be allowed to sell it's assets.

Still, the maid will still have the 500k and any possible bank accounts and other items in the estate.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

But they are all negative with nothing to back it up.

For example, I could offer the opinion that you are crazy, but it would only be my opinion and worthless unless I could back it up.

That is merely an example and, no, I don't think you are crazy, but it is also an opinion.

Once again this is a discussion group no one is obliged to provide evidence agreeing with their opinion. Your post criticising my negativity has nothing to do with the post I answered where you demanded 'evidence'

• Thanks 1

The French lady allegedly killed herself with a .45 pistol.  Where did she get it from?  .45 caliber is not very popular with Thais any more.  More recoil and needs more practise or training. But army shooters, such as military police still use .45 side arms following the US model up until the 2000s when they switched to 9mm.  Of course it could just be that she asked for a gun and someone happened to have a .45 kicking around at home.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RobU said:

The poor maid may have staged the suicide to get the money along with accomplice.Very easy no need to lay a hand on the victim just threaten with a knife or gun. Get the victim to write the note then stage the suicide of the victim. If the victim is frightened enough she will obey all instructions. I don't know how she died but all methods of suicide can be faked. 

i think your imagination is running away with you

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

it was moved by her, apparently, according to another poster, you like your 'suspious deathe' though dont you

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, john donson said:

5 villa's ?   all under company name ?   regular joe cannot own a small plot of land in his name, but she had 5 .... even at 49%,  did the maid own the other 51% ?

the clue is 'company name', do you realise you contradicted your own conspiracy theory 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, RobU said:

To my mind the police are not doing their job. The whole thing stinks of a setup. There is at least a 50% chance that she was threatened and coerced into moving the camera and forced to write the suicide note. The murderers not understanding that it cannot be a legal document and any will and testament is more valid.  Then the suicide was staged.  Also if she was suffering from pre senile dementia she might happily do as she was told. This stinks of corruption on many levels. 

hahaha

• Agree 2