MP Criticizes Plan to Use Central Fund for Digital Wallet Scheme

webfact

11 minutes ago, retarius said:

It seems that this insanity will not die of natural causes. Someone needs to stick a stake through its heart to kill it off. 

Good comment.

The problem is that the sponsors have no heart.

• Like 1

I am wondering what is secretly hidden in the 10k wallet... In life nothing is for free and why should a Government give 10k for free??. besides that it is very dangerous to loan from Agricultural Bank... What will happen if there is new economic crisis as many years back?? Every bank in Thailand will collapse

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

In life nothing is for free and why should a Government give 10k for free??

It wasn't for free... it was for peoples vote

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

potentially violate laws regarding state treasury and financial discipline

The sober man amongst the fiscal drunkards. 

Every time I see the PM I expect him to bite through steel cables or bend an iron bar.

Jaws-James-Bond-Richard-Kiel-c.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It wasn't for free... it was for peoples vote

Partly that, partly funneling billions of baht into favoured corporate coffers and partly ushering out cash to bring in a CBDC. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Since it is blatant vote buying we need another Army "intervention".

YOU might think so, but I suspect that millions of THAI VOTERS may disagree with you. After all, it is their country and not yours.

I hope that you are speaking for yourself only and anybody who may agree with you.

"We" is a plural term. and you certainly do NOT speak for me, nor my Thai family or my Thai friends.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, billd766 said:

YOU might think so, but I suspect that millions of THAI VOTERS may disagree with you. After all, it is their country and not yours.

I hope that you are speaking for yourself only and anybody who may agree with you.

"We" is a plural term. and you certainly do NOT speak for me, nor my Thai family or my Thai friends.

Yes I am plural.

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2024 at 7:51 AM, webfact said:

Pheu Thai-led government's intention to finance part of their new digital wallet project using the Central Fund.

Unnecessary and economically dangerous to add further already record national debt.

There are traditional legislative mechanisms in place for funding,  ie., reduce government spending and increase Treasury funds. 

If required for national security, reduce military funding for next 3 years for nonessential programs but apply taxes to RTM self-funding commercial programs. Raise taxes on the "one per-centers," on mega corporations, reduce VAT refunds on foreign purchases. 

The RTM will oppose all such remedies, so let it publically do so. Then retract the digital wallet scheme and blame the RTM for its obstruction. A brave, unprecedented move but Thavisin will show he's not anyone's political lapdog - might garner support from MFP supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nothing confusing about the previous comment. The poster has strong negative views about previous / any military governments for Thailand, and I agree.

You might like to remember that the Move Forward party won a very large number of seats at the last election way ahead of the next biggest number of seats.

But military games / the military dominated senate ensured that a military general became the PM who achieved nothing over many years. Meanwhile other ASEAN countries have moved on and are doing well in economic / infrastructure terms: e.g. Vietnam and Indonesia.