Anutin alleges betrayal in parliament over cannabis legislation

webfact

47 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

All the dirty Farangs fault by the look of it  🤔

Let's face it if they weren't here it wouldn't be happening 🤣🙃

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin addressed concerns about the impact of this reclassification on the popularity of the Bhumjaithai Party,

and the reputation of Thailand's Governance as they seek weekly to implore foreign investment in the Kingdom.

• Agree 2

It’s rather satisfying watching a narcissist being butthurt. Potential loss of investment and face will be hard to swallow. His outfit reminds me of Sadam Hussein and his close friend General Admiral Aladin. 

• Like 1

It's to cringe, the whole game is starting all over again, yesterday I was wondering, if it's so hard to get some information before allowing drugs, now it's hard to turn back, but yes TIT.

Well if the former clueless health minister had introduced some thoughtful and proper legislation having done a thorough risk assessment of the likely impact on society in the first place, people wouldn't be in this position having invested in a new business enterprise...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite passing the initial reading, the bill has faced obstruction, leaving the party feeling misled.

Grow a spine and leave the coalition then.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Have at it, mate! This guy should be PM not that useless smiling donkey of a mouthpiece damp squib. 

Rarely touch the stuff but having the choice is nice. It has done the country absolutely NO F HARM whatsoever other than upset some fragile expat’s olfactory senses. It is all politics, deflection and a silly national face thing. Leave it alone and focus on making life better in this country, eh what!

So you think he would be a good PM? I guess you don't know much about his past or his views of foreigners in general.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tubber said:

You want this guy for PM? Didn't you see him on the news ranting at filthy farangs for spreading Covid?

Some "fragile"  people are unbelievably still obsessed by this , But he was absolutely correct , some are filthy.  Although whether that is a factor in transmitting covid is a different matter.     Do you think any of them actually like foreigners?  

3 minutes ago, Dan O said:

So you think he would be a good PM? I guess you don't know much about his past or his views of foreigners in general.

And how much do you know about the views on foreigners held by other politicians here, absolutely nothing, just like the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, john donson said:

will be fun to see all those opened cannabis shops closed... FOR RENT sign...

If that's your idea of "fun"  then you must be living a seriously sad miserable existence, or are you just trolling. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Correct he has millions of baht invested in 'the stuff'!:whistling:

And why does that bother a hand full of bitter old expats? The opportunities were there for everybody to invest if they wanted to

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Expat Tom said:

Can someone explain to me why elected officials who were NEVER associated with the military dress like a 30 year general officer bedecked in full military regalia including rows of ribbons? It reminds me a the old days of the "Banana Republics" and South American Tin Pot officials.. For those who never served in the military, each of those colorful ribbons are supposed to represent an award or metal. Which of those ribbons represent Songkran 2005 or the seminar attended in 2011? What ever, they love their military dress. For those of us who actually served in real militaries, it is quite amusing. 

You answered your own question  "banana republic" and "tin pot officials"  For those of us that did not serve in the military uniforms and medals are always amusing, who ever wears them. Reminds me of overgrown  boy scouts

• Thumbs Up 1

He stressed the importance of basing decisions on medical evidence rather than personal views or politics.

Take out the word "medical" and he is absolutely correct

• Agree 2

I have to weigh in here. After a decades-long hiatus, I bought a gram, asking the seller for the mildest they had in their shop. When I had some time to kill in the safety of my home, I took two hits - it kicked my ASS!!! This is not your grandparent's weed at all.

I can understand the need to regulate it. It wasn't quite a hallucinogen, but it was damned close!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

How much is he making out of cannabis?

We have a similar situation in the UK, they have proposed measures to reduce tobacco smoking, but a certain politician is paid way more (by BAT) than the taxpayer pays him to stop it from happening. The same was happening when he was health supremo.

Why do you care how much he is making out of cannabis, they are all making money out if something, that's the way of the world.

As a Uk taxpayer I don't pay my taxes with the intention of creating a nanny state, I would much rather they addressed more pressing issues, They could start with immigration, cost of living, unemployment , and the economy, People choosing to smoke is none of their concern, 

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

The issue is not smokimg weed recreationally or otherwise. But the lack of regulation and those selfish few who think it is okay to smoke openly on thr streets, parks and beaches. 

A bit of thought and consideration as well as discretion in smoking would go a great deal towards pacifying those who find it a nasty activity. 

Simple to make consumption at home or in private legal and fine. But in public spaces no. Just like alcohol and fags. Also id required to make a purchase. Thau id card or passport to ensure no one under 20 can buy legally and shut down shops that cannot follow this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Anutin Concerned About Reclassifying Cannabis in Thailand

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Daily News

Anutin Charnvirakul, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, expressed concerns regarding the proposal to reclassify cannabis as a type 5 illegal narcotic drug.

This proposal came after Prime Minister Srettha spoke about narcotics issues and suggested the reclassification. Anutin emphasized the need for thorough research by the Ministry of Public Health before such a decision is made.

He highlighted the previous government's decriminalization of cannabis in 2022, mentioning the lack of legal regulations for its control.

Anutin raised the question of whether re-criminalizing cannabis would be wise, considering the release of over 6,000 convicts on cannabis-related charges since decriminalization.

He stressed the importance of basing decisions on medical evidence rather than personal views or politics.

Additionally, Anutin addressed concerns about the impact of this reclassification on the popularity of the Bhumjaithai Party, emphasizing that they fulfilled their promise to decriminalize cannabis.

However, he pointed out that it is the current government that holds the policy-making authority. Anutin affirmed that the party would present logical and evidence-based arguments to advocate for the benefits of cannabis.

The discussions surrounding the potential reclassification of cannabis in Thailand are likely to be contentious and complex.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-10

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

is there a store where we can buy all these stars, flags, amulets, etc. 555

• Haha 1