UN Cuts Death of Women and Children in Gaza by Half

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So to you, raiding a concert and residential areas and killing, raping, torturing and taking over a thousand hostages is no different than enemy combatants captured and imprisoned. 

I just said it's the same thing, you call Israelis hostages and Palestinians prisoners  what is the difference ?  they are both being held against their will some have been tortured and died whilst in captivity...same same  not much difference at all IMHO

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You must be a leftist, yes?

No.

21 minutes ago, johng said:

I just said it's the same thing, you call Israelis hostages and Palestinians prisoners  what is the difference ?  they are both being held against their will some have been tortured and died whilst in captivity...same same  not much difference at all IMHO

To be clear, in your opinion, there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes and holding them hostage and capturing suspected enemy combatants in the commission of a crime and incarcerating them, correct? 

21 minutes ago, johng said:

No.

I bet. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Open your eyes and look at everyone in the world, including Human Right organizations that say it IS genocide. 

Killing mostly innocent women and kids ?

Displacing 83% of the population by the end of last year?

Around 1.7 million people were living in internal displacement in the Gaza Strip as of the end of the year, all of them facing acute humanitarian needs.

https://www.internal-displacement.org/spotlights/Palestine-Conflict-in-Gaza-leaves-83-per-cent-of-the-population-internally-displaced-in-less-than-three-months/

If you think Hamas' intention was to invade Israel and kill them all, you are highly irrational. 

All the leftwing Jew-hating dupes in the world can say something is true, and it doesn't make it so.  Internal displacement is not genocide and neither is killing several thousand Gazans in combat when they COULD, if they wanted, kill every Gazan very easily.

I do not think Hamas' intention was to invade all of Israel at that time and kill all Jews -- I know that 1) they killed every Jew they could find on October 7, in brutal fashion, except for the few they took back as hostages and 2) that is their freely stated overall intention in their charter, and that they say every chance they get.  And they do so with the support of an enormous number of Gazans.  And an enormous number of Westerners.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, johng said:

I just said it's the same thing, you call Israelis hostages and Palestinians prisoners  what is the difference ?

That you don't know the difference is a shocking admission of ignorance.  You shouldn't even be commenting on this thread, amigo.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

To be clear, in your opinion, there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes and holding them hostage and capturing suspected enemy combatants in the commission of a crime and incarcerating them, correct? 

To be clear do you know how many Palestinian women,children and pensioners are being held "prisoner" by Israel.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/29/why-does-israel-have-so-many-palestinians-detention-and-available-swap

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

That you don't know the difference is a shocking admission of ignorance.  You shouldn't even be commenting on this thread,

That you can't see the striking similarities  is shocking to me 

but you can still comment on the thread, you know like everyone else can.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, johng said:

To be clear do you know how many Palestinian women,children and pensioners are being held "prisoner" by Israel.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/11/29/why-does-israel-have-so-many-palestinians-detention-and-available-swap

Why are you changing the subject? It is your position that there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes and holding them hostage, and capturing suspected enemy combatants in the commission of a crime and incarcerating them, is that correct or not? 

Is it also your position that women, children (anyone under 19) and pensioners (anyone over 55) cannot be enemy combatants? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm not changing the subject  it's the same subject

there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes  and holding them "hostage" be they Israeli or Palestinian

however there are vastly more Palestinians held "hostage"  than there are Israeli's held "hostage".

So it is your position that there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes and holding them hostage, and capturing suspected enemy combatants in the commission of a crime and incarcerating them, is that correct or not? 

Is it also your position that women, children (anyone under 19) and pensioners (anyone over 55) cannot be enemy combatants? 

The IDF is not going into Gaza and pulling civilians out of their homes raping, killing, and dragging them back to Israel to incarcerate, I think you are making that up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

I'm not changing the subject  it's the same subject

there is no difference between taking innocent civilians out of their homes  and holding them "hostage" be they Israeli or Palestinian

however there are vastly more Palestinians held "hostage"  than there are Israeli's held "hostage".

So what, if Hamas could, they would be killing and taking more Jewish hostages.

Your points are incredibly naive..........:coffee1:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, johng said:

That you can't see the striking similarities  is shocking to me 

but you can still comment on the thread, you know like everyone else can.

Maybe I can because I'm not a chucklehead who is unaware of the meaning of basic definitions key to understanding the issues?  Better to keep silent and be thought a fool that open your mouth and remove all doubt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Says the guy who thinks "we should just capture all the Hamas guys and put them on trial".

I never said that. 

You're saying it OK to wipe out an entire people just because of a terrorist attack by a small group of terrorists. 

Can you imagine if the US killed most of Saudi Arabia trying to get Bin Laden, or killed 100,000 civilians trying to get Hussain, hmm wait a min... 

Can you imagine what would happen if the British government killed mostly Irish children and women when trying to kill all the IRA terrorists? 

No other country would be allowed to do what Israel are doing, because of the support from the US, and the fact that they think Palestinians don't matter. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I like this man's opinion on the conflict. 

He also says Palestinian lives are not important to Israeli govt. 

He is president of the US/ middle-east project. 

I don't like yours...........:coffee1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I don't like yours...........:coffee1:

Agreed. Disgusting what the Israelis are doing in Gaza. And being supported by the yanks too. Terrible.!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

Agreed. Disgusting what the Israelis are doing in Gaza. And being supported by the yanks too. Terrible.!

You carry on supporting the planned murder of civilians by Hamas, up to you, as they say...🤗

But what would you say if your wife and daughter were abused then murdered by these scrotes, pray tell......?  🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

Should Hamas just be allowed to keep the Israeli hostages forever ?

Let Hamas keep them as sex slaves for the rest of their lives ?

Do you support keeping hostages/sex slaves?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Angus55 said:

I think it is disgusting what Hamas is doing in Gaza, and the way the Palestinians want to eradicate  Israel and exterminate every Jew in the world, and when the get done with the Jews, they'll kill all the Christians, after they rape all the women of course.  And being supported by the left and antisemites the world over. Terrible.!

• Like 1

Of course I knew what I said, again, I never said what you said I said. Some of Hamas deserve to die but not every single member, and especially not those just related in some way. 

You are obviously biased -  do you have any  relatives in Israel? 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Of course I knew what I said, again, I never said what you said I said. Some of Hamas deserve to die but not every single member, and especially not those just related in some way. 

If they surrendered the hostages and themselves they wouldn't die. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

If they surrendered the hostages and themselves they wouldn't die. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Exactly, they can be tried after they're incarcerated. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I assume you have relatives in Hamas you are so obviously biased. Do you?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

I assume you have relatives in Hamas you are so obviously biased. Do you?

No reason for me to be biased, I've never been to Gaza/Palestine, have no relatives there and am not Muslim or Jewish, although I say some Jewish prayers. 

My sister in law(Thai) used to work in Israel, so I've heard a little first hand stuff about the situation there. 

I've asked a few biased posters similar questions about Israel but for some reason they don't answer. I suspect they have relatives in Israel, or are Jewish Americans, who obviously have some skin in the game. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No reason for me to be biased, I've never been to Gaza/Palestine, have no relatives there and am not Muslim or Jewish, although I say some Jewish prayers. 

My sister in law(Thai) used to work in Israel, so I've heard a little first hand stuff about the situation there. 

I've asked a few biased posters similar questions about Israel but for some reason they don't answer. I suspect they have relatives in Israel, or are Jewish Americans, who obviously have some skin in the game. 

They answer, you just don't like the answers. 

Why do you think Israel should surrender to Hamas? 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Neeranam:  I think most of use here agree with getting rid of Hamas, but not by death, IMHO give them a trial. Christ, even the Nazis leaders were given trial.

Chicago Expat:  Says the guy who thinks "we should just capture all the Hamas guys and put them on trial".

Neeranam:  I never said that. (Proceeds to lie about what Chicago Expat says.)

Chicago Expat: (Provides N with the quote.) Yes, you literally said that.

Neeranam:  Of course I knew what I said, again, I never said what you said I said. (Later attempts to deflect attention to his obvious dishonesty by saying that someone "having relatives in Israel" is disqualifying for discussing these issues.  LOOK, A SQUIRREL!)

You are dishonest from start to finish:

There is no "genocide" going on.  Many civilians have been killed; that's not genocide.

Having relatives in Israel doesn't disqualify someone from an opinion on this subject any more than your having a Thai relative who lived there does.  This is just your hatred of Jews showing.

You DID complain about Israel not arresting Hamas instead of killing them.

You ask "Can you imagine what would happen if the British government killed mostly Irish children and women when trying to kill all the IRA terrorists?" when IRA terrorists did not invade England and kill 1200 civilians in their homes in the most brutal fashion possible.  And, idiot, the world DID complain -- vociferously -- about British excesses in Ireland when they occurred.

And where you are not flat out lying, you're an ignoramus with a broken moral compass.  And you're bad at arguing, which may be the worst sin in an AN thread.

I have not been dishonest in anything I wrote.

I can assume you have relatives in Israel, as you haven't said you don't. Of course this matters if having a discussion/debate on whether Israel are committing Genocide or not. Of course this stops you from seeing clearly.  I would like to think I'd be unbiased if I had relatives in Israel, but not sure if I would. I understand you wanting to stick with your people, I really do and don't now see any point in trying to change your viewpoint. 

Of course there is Genocide, read other things than the Times of Israel. 

I have absolutely no hatred for Jews, my spiritual advisor is a Rabbi. I recite, in English, the "Modeh Ani" daily.

Irish americans DID support the IRA, a terrorist organization. Similarly, Jewish americans are supporting a terrorist government.  

• Confused 1