Thai Airways Offloads Boeing and Airbus Jets in Slimdown Effort

webfact

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, those aren't real E-jets, no fun to fly in. United still has some for short flights into Mexico.

Yes agree, but I bet these are fitted out better than a new commercial e-jets, as the planes are mainly used for VIP transport. 55555

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 9:47 AM, scorecard said:

OK but there's good reports about aircraft being manufactured / used in China.

I wonder when some of the mainstream international aircraft operators will start buying Chinese? I'm guessing the aircraft would be quite a bit cheaper.

(Are they already certified / licensed to fly international routes?)

Apparently the aircraft are some 80% constructed from imported parts.

The engines are from the "previous generation" which makes them significantly less efficient than the latest Boeing and Airbus.

The construction capacity is limited to something like (I can't remember exactly) two aircraft a month.

On 5/15/2024 at 3:06 PM, Middle Aged Grouch said:

All airlines who want to survive should lay off all their boeings and mainly the 787 that are just flying coffins. More and more travellers refuse to buy tickets if they see that the planes used are Boeings with all the accidents and flaws in Boeing planes.

Where is your evidence to back up your accusations? I have taken several flights in 787s. Quite innocuous flights but never worrying. 

On 5/17/2024 at 3:57 PM, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, those aren't real E-jets, no fun to fly in. United still has some for short flights into Mexico.

Seems that Aeromexico do not like them that much, as they plans to replace their Embraer E190s with the Boeing 737 MAX.

https://www.airdatanews.com/aeromexico-will-replace-its-embraer-e190s-with-the-boeing-737-max/