Aussie Woman Reveals Harrowing Tales from Infamous Thai Prison

webfact

34 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:
1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I find that hard to believe - are you still in Thailand as a regular Expat or do you just visit? 

A number of farang volunteer with Charity organizations that do prison visits.

not saying it’s the case here, but it exists

Ironically, before my time in there, I did make prison visits, but not as part of any charity or other organisation.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ironically, before my time in there, I did make prison visits, but not as part of any charity or other organisation.

Is it true, as the documentary claims that the prem is for sentences of at least 15 years, regardless of the crime?

Edited by proton

34 minutes ago, renaissanc said:
4 hours ago, proton said:

The obligatory book full no doubt of self pity and exagerations

If you can't be kind be silent.

"If you can't be kind be silent", ironically, also applies to your comment admonishing him!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

$$$ Can buy you an easier life in it-- One of the people I visited had a 4 man cell in which he picked the other 3. 

There have never been any "four-man cells" in Klong Prem, all accommodation is multi-person communal (except punishment cells), typically 20-30 locked up each evening.

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I thought it wasn't allowed to make money out of a crime you committed, even writing about it yet alone on TV and Newspapers. :unsure: 

Yes, well no surprise there and stupid people buying the book  and yeah what about the drug dealers who ruin the lives of other people I know they could say no  and yes they are the scum of the earth and many drug dealers are never caught and brown envelopes???

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Jethro27 said:

Settle down tiger. Young woman makes mistake and pays the price for it. He without sin cast the first stone.

I have never tried to smuggle drugs or even taken them for that matter 

• Sad 1

Just like that Gypsy Rose who is enjoying the spotlight and being hailed as a complete victim. People are forgetting she's the one who got her mother killed. Her mom was a monster but she's one too. Oh well, villains are celebrated widely nowadays, that just shows how the too woke gang made more gullible people in the world.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I thought it wasn't allowed to make money out of a crime you committed, even writing about it yet alone on TV and Newspapers. :unsure: 

me to0 but airports are full of books by people like this. maybe that rule only applies in the UK

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I was in Klong Prem.  I do not need to explain the specifics.

You seem to think that jail records and police cell incarcerations/court appearances (I also spent a few weeks in Lumpini police cells in separate circumstances) preclude the provision of visas/extentions; as I posted earlier, I still live in Thailand, legally.  

Yes I did - for both my 'retirement Visa' and later 'marriage Visa' It was very clear that I would need to have no criminal record either back home or in Thailand. However, because of your comments I have checked the issue out and the Thai Visa Elite Visa is available even if you have a criminal record (as long as not serious) - so I assume you have that or something similar.

I will stand corrected on your comments that Thai jails are better than those who are selling books and vidcasts and claiming they are hell holes.  But I dont want to find out for myself, so I will continue to behave myself 🙂 

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My son was locked up in the Immigration jail for several days whilst his deportation was arranged. I understand all foreign "criminals"  who are locked up are subsequently deported. He was caught working without a permit...Hardly a criminal act!

Thanks - that is probably the case. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I was thinking maybe that - or maybe he worked for an Embassy and did jail visits to their citizens.

• Haha 1

I have a question. For all you lot talking about 'she deserved it' because - drugs.

Until 2022 in Thailand, cannabis was illegal (for recreational use). Possesion was punished by fines and/or imprisonment.

Then one day, it was legalised, and everybody is doing it, selling it, growing it.

Then another day and it is declared that a ban is coming to reverse all that, and punishments will no doubt have to be imposed again.

Neighbouring countries have longstanding policies of executing people found with even small quantities of cannabis for personal use.

In many countries cannabis use and sale remains legal.

So my point is this - how do you judge right or wrong here? Is it JUST because it's 'illegal HERE today'? Then what if it becomes legal tomorrow - do you feel hypocritical that you now have to accept it as such?

Do you feel satisfaction when it is banned again?

I'm not a drug user (the odd glass of wine excepted) so I have no axe to grind about bans. It simply amuses me how people's 'moral compass' works, how it seems to swing around a lot. I'm interested in just that. Is chest thumping moralising really thought through?

I know this woman was caught with heroin, a hard drug, but the moral question remains the same.

Have at it.

• Love It 1

Setting aside what she did, which was incredibly stupid and landed her in prison, I've heard the same stories. I used to visit a guy in Samui prison, who was busted for dealing ganja and he said the conditions were equally appalling. He said there were about 90 men in a room and when he laid down at night he would have to lay on his back with his arms on his chest and if he moved one centimeter he'd be on top of the guy next to him. No fans, just poor conditions and horrific food, total squalor. Even prisoners deserve better than that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

you seem to be a very unhappy person.

Not at all just annoyed that slag like this profit from the potential misery they bring to people through their greedy actions. I suppose this along with a lot of reasonable people make me unhappy.

Are you happy peering out from behind your curtains that's the question? 

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

My son was locked up in the Immigration jail for several days whilst his deportation was arranged. I understand all foreign "criminals"  who are locked up are subsequently deported. He was caught working without a permit...Hardly a criminal act!

Thanks - that is probably the case.

It is the case in IDC, the Immigration jail.  Klong Prem is not IDC.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You make another incorrect assumption.

Then my next assumption is you are BS because you claim to have been inside that prison as a prisoner. Why were you not deported ?? You started this remember, by claiming you served time in the Thai jail, so please elaborate so I and others can understand how you were able to do something that as far as we all know, results in deportation once released, and precludes you from getting a Non-O Visa or annual extension. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tonypattaya said:

Heroin kills! Persons who trade it are trading in people's misery. Now this woman who would have been better jailed for life is trying to make money from her misdeeds.

Heroin can kill,but  its certainly not a forgone conclusion

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Setting aside what she did, which was incredibly stupid and landed her in prison, I've heard the same stories. I used to visit a guy in Samui prison, who was busted for dealing ganja and he said the conditions were equally appalling. He said there were about 90 men in a room and when he laid down at night he would have to lay on his back with his arms on his chest and if he moved one centimeter he'd be on top of the guy next to him. No fans, just poor conditions and horrific food, total squalor. Even prisoners deserve better than that. 

I think most people agree with that. But I also think that 'human rights' has gone too far in the west and being in prison is no longer a serious punishment - not as much as it should be. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

I was thinking maybe that - or maybe he worked for an Embassy and did jail visits to their citizens.

Neither.   I did make visits to prisoners, though, anyone can do that.  Embassy staff do not make visits to their citizens as part of their regular schedules, they only do it on the prisoner's first few days and that is the last time they will be seen unless they need to speak to the prisoner or deliver something to him...they are not social workers.

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Heroin can kill,but  its certainly not a forgone conclusion

The majority of heroin addicts die a lot younger than they otherwise would have lived - and that includes prescriptions opioids. Sure some get clean and are 'saved' but a lot die early - both from complications sue to extended usage and also overdoses.  Plus they have a seriously high rate of 'self-harm' and they commit an extremely high rate of crime (to pay for them).