Peru Faces Backlash as Trans People Classified as 'Mentally Ill

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again demonstrate your fixation with cis males who transgender to female.

You should talk to someone qualified to help you understand your issues on this.

It might help you to ‘know thyself’.

Wow really? why he can not think and say what he believes? True to fact that a man can never produce children, can never have periods, will never lose their male hormones no matter how many female hormones are injected. Only surgeries can make the facade look real but not really real. That is physically. Mentally who can say except for the trans? They may think or feel they are a woman. Act like a woman. Dress like a woman. But in the end they are lacking the most important ability to procreate. 

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I'm not worried, I think this is one of very few or so I've used in 10 years - usually I only use them when the post is complete gobbledegook.

Most people use them to express disapproval or disagreement with a post rather than confusion ( your post is neither); which in my opinion is an idle cop out from having to explain why they disagree of disapprove - this one was an exercise in satire.

The "sad" emoji is misused in much the same way. It would make more sense to have an I disagree or you're wrong emoji (🍋 or thumbs down?) I've mentioned it from time to time but I think I am rather crying in the wilderness!

What we really need is a WTF emoji!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Social Media said:

Recent legislative actions, such as banning references to gender equality from school textbooks

About time all Governments did this instead of bowing to the crazy liberal woke brigade.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody is calling gays or lesbians mentally ill, they aren't delusional about their sex.

But of course your agenda has to expand on our comments.

Give trying to explain that your best go.

4 hours ago, Purdey said:

This will become interesting. Having a government declare a group of citizens mentally ill, will real psychiatrists be able to hospitalize this group or will the result be "so what"?

Did the Peruvian Government even consult with mental health professionals?

How did they decide on a single diagnosis of ‘mentally ill’ for a whole group of people?

Perhaps they resorted to the ‘professional’ opinion of a self declared practitioner of some ‘ubiquitous profession’.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, parallelman said:

In my opinion, the whole situation has been hijacked. Heterosexuals don't usually go around waving and shouting about their preferences and there are gay people and bisexuals who feel the same. They would prefer to keep their sexual side of life just as private. I have met a few during my life and in the main they were just people trying to have a decent life like anyone else. However, there were some who were ambitious and jealous of others who had attained positions through study and hard work. The 'bad apples' decided to get together and launch campaigns and demanded that certain days of the week some general meeting venues (such as sports meetings, public swimming pools) should be 'gay' only. And so it went on from there. But the sad part was that those who had worked hard for a living got persecuted from both sides. Today, of course, there is social media, internet etc. where activists know they will get coverage quickly and worldwide. The primitive nature of human beings bursts out uncontrolled and when that happens chaos is the result

And yet it is a Government labeling people mentally ill, who you yourself admit are “ in the main they were just people trying to have a decent life like anyone else”

Maybe Baht Simpson has spotted the real problem behind the smoke screen.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Agree, imagining you're something you're not is clearly mental illness.

If I told everyone I was an emperor, they'd lock me up!

Or they'd go and buy you a new suit

12 hours ago, parallelman said:

In my opinion, the whole situation has been hijacked. Heterosexuals don't usually go around waving and shouting about their preferences and there are gay people and bisexuals who feel the same. They would prefer to keep their sexual side of life just as private. I have met a few during my life and in the main they were just people trying to have a decent life like anyone else. However, there were some who were ambitious and jealous of others who had attained positions through study and hard work. The 'bad apples' decided to get together and launch campaigns and demanded that certain days of the week some general meeting venues (such as sports meetings, public swimming pools) should be 'gay' only. And so it went on from there. But the sad part was that those who had worked hard for a living got persecuted from both sides. Today, of course, there is social media, internet etc. where activists know they will get coverage quickly and worldwide. The primitive nature of human beings bursts out uncontrolled and when that happens chaos is the result

It’s common now for radical activists to shut down all debate on issues with which they disagree or dislike. To silence truth.

• Agree 1