Disgraced Chumpae school director nabbed for buying sex from student, 12

george

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 22.07.03.png

Authorities in Khon Kaen have launched an investigation into allegations of child sex abuse after the arrest of a school director and a retired teacher accused of purchasing sex from a 12-year-old student.

The school director has been reassigned to the local educational services office and will face disciplinary action, according to Thee Pawangkhanan, deputy secretary-general of the Office of the Basic Education Commission (Obec). The educational services office in Khon Kaen has initiated a fact-finding inquiry following orders from Education Minister Permpoon Chidchob and Obec secretary-general Thanu Wongjinda.

Thee confirmed this development recently, emphasising the seriousness of the situation. “The education minister and the Obec secretary-general have expressed concern about the mental state of the abused student,” said Thee. “They have instructed the educational services area office to follow up this case, assess her mental state and draw up remedy measures for her.” Poj Puramphaka, 58, who leads a public school in Chumphae district, in Khon Kaen province, was among five individuals arrested on charges related to child sex abuse.

Pol Maj Gen Sarut Khwaengsopha, commander of the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division (ATPD), confirmed the arrests on Friday. Others arrested include retired teacher Wichai Manad, 69, along with three others — two women and a man — accused of procuring young people for the sex trade. During Thursday’s operation, police also rescued three victims: the 12-year-old student and two female teenagers, both aged 17.

Authorities reported that these individuals had been coerced into the sex trade. The investigation continues as authorities aim to uncover the full extent of the abuse and ensure justice for the victims.

-- The Thaiger 2024-05-18
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, patman30 said:

what a joke.

I agree.. I DO however think that they should retain the right of innocent until proven guilty.. So to me, I’d be a fan of removed from active duty and placed on administrative leave with pay - yes, with pay… I’m just not a fan of this “reassigned” thing that seems to be the norm.

If he is subsequently convicted, then any pay starting from the point of the criminal act going forward is then forfeited. obviously if he happens to be cleared or found not guilty, then he retains all rights to pay etc and returned to service. 

Edited by new2here
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, new2here said:

I agree.. I DO however think that they should retain the right of innocent until proven guilty

Agreed - and also the right to anonymity until found guilty.  It does sound as if they are guilty but as has been witnessed elsewhere, that's not always the case.  On the off chance that any of them are not guilty, their lives are already ruined.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, new2here said:

I agree.. I DO however think that they should retain the right of innocent until proven guilty.. So to me, I’d be a fan of removed from active duty and placed on administrative leave with pay - yes, with pay… I’m just not a fan of this “reassigned” thing that seems to be the norm.

If he is subsequently convicted, then any pay starting from the point of the criminal act going forward is then forfeited. obviously if he happens to be cleared or found not guilty, then he retains all rights to pay etc and returned to service. 

They are guilty and must now prove their innocence now. This is Thailand. 

I get the feeling this is coming out from a bust where they found kids being sold for sex and then the kids told the police who recruited them and the details of how they began selling themselves to strangers. This does not seem like something found out of the blue. So would put my bet that guilt is going to be found. 

On 5/18/2024 at 10:58 PM, george said:

Authorities in Khon Kaen have launched an investigation into allegations of child sex abuse after the arrest of a school director and a retired teacher accused of purchasing sex from a 12-year-old student.

Disgusting people.

On 5/18/2024 at 10:58 PM, george said:

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 22.07.03.png

The school director has been reassigned to the local educational services office and will face disciplinary action, according to Thee Pawangkhanan, deputy secretary-general of the Office of the Basic Education Commission (Obec). The educational services office in Khon Kaen has initiated a fact-finding inquiry following orders from Education Minister Permpoon Chidchob and Obec secretary-general Thanu Wongjinda.

Thee confirmed this development recently, emphasising the seriousness of the situation. “The education minister and the Obec secretary-general have expressed concern about the mental state of the abused student,” said Thee. “They have instructed the educational services area office to follow up this case, assess her mental state and draw up remedy measures for her.” Poj Puramphaka, 58, who leads a public school in Chumphae district, in Khon Kaen province, was among five individuals arrested on charges related to child sex abuse.

Pol Maj Gen Sarut Khwaengsopha, commander of the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Division (ATPD), confirmed the arrests on Friday. Others arrested include retired teacher Wichai Manad, 69, along with three others — two women and a man — accused of procuring young people for the sex trade. During Thursday’s operation, police also rescued three victims: the 12-year-old student and two female teenagers, both aged 17.

Authorities reported that these individuals had been coerced into the sex trade. The investigation continues as authorities aim to uncover the full extent of the abuse and ensure justice for the victims.

-- The Thaiger 2024-05-18

It's a crime for sure.

However, what's wrong with these young students? Offering their bodies for money?

What kind of education is this? No parents who talk with their children? Not asking where the iphone comes from? Disgraceful case.😵‍💫

4 hours ago, new2here said:

How about, in view of what appears to be damning evidence, withholding pay until proved innocent, instead of the other way around.

I'm curious. How often do we read of child sex abuse by teachers in our own country? Very rarely. Yet here we read of it pretty much every week. And very often it only comes to light after the teacher has failed to pay the 'compensation' demanded by the parents. Police involvement? Often none., and often no point anyway as they only negotiate their percentage of the compensation.