Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

38 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

US lifts weapons ban on Ukraine's Azov brigade

Full on support for the Nazi brigade,

we went from there are no Nazi's to well maybe some  and now full on support for them astounding !!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

war effort against Putin – and Trump

What the "f" ...this statement is totally insane  lumping Putin and Trump together implies

he is "at war" with Trump ! ?

cruise missile attack on Mar- a- lago ?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Kyiv’s wonder-weapons are decimating the Russian army

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kyiv-wonder-weapons-decimating-russian-141906316.html

That piece sounds a bit manic, and he seems to have turned on a dime recently.

In April, he said Ukraine's frontlines were collapsing, and that "Unless we get a grip fast, we will not be going to polling stations in November, but to the enlistment centres". And by "we", he meant Britains in Britain would have to be drafted for war this November.

In May, he said "Putin could defeat Ukraine within months".

But now he writes: "A narrative has unfairly formed that the tide was all with Russia recently".

Well yes, you have been co-authoring that exact narrative, mr Bretton-Gordon. Maybe because it suited those who pay your salary. But now they seem to want a different narrative.

The story of strong and scary Russia moving forwards towards the English Channel was not selling tickets when it comes to support for Ukraine, so now it's all about drumming up enthusiasm for a new offensive.

And this new message from mr Bretton-Gordon comes just a few days before the so-called "peace summit". Probably not a coincidence.

Oh Su-57 are not the only Russian aircraft that can carry Kindzhals. Most strikes with hypersonic weapons are actually performed by Mig-31s.

He belongs to chuck a load of mud at the wall and hope it sticks school of journalism , along with David Ax and Colonel Richard Kemp - the latter is being paid by Israel now so he has abruply stopped writing on Ukraine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Whereas if Ukraine was under a greater threat, then should Blinken have been karaoke-ing instead of finding a solution?

keep on rocking in the "free world"   whilst terms of service expire and elections are postponed due to "martial law"   💩    "peace summit's" with out the two antagonists present  !!!

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found this very informative.

We have many members here regularly posting Kremlin propaganda talking points.

How does this happen? Where do they get these points? Who are the sources.

I've never been one to believe that many of them are paid agents of Putin. Rather the vast majority are useful idiots for Putin. 

Russia may indeed be a glorified gas station with a pathetical weak economy and of course unfortunately many nukes, but boy are they incredibly good at propaganda!

Probably the best in the world. Beware!

I hope you learn something from the professor.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

I gave you a "laugh", you are one of the best trolls we have had on here for a long time, either that or you're crackers.......😂

The best one ever was TopDeadSenter (Trump Derangment Syndrome) who at the time I violently disagreed with who supported Trump and batted away all comers. He was banned and attacked a few times so just went away. Plus there were far more members then to have a good scrap. Those days are behind us all now - site and people.

https://aseannow.com/profile/297285-topdeadsenter/

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The best one ever was TopDeadSenter (Trump Derangment Syndrome) who at the time I violently disagreed with who supported Trump and batted away all comers. He was banned and attacked a few times so just went away. Plus there were far more members then to have a good scrap. Those days are behind us all now - site and people.

https://aseannow.com/profile/297285-topdeadsenter/

Well you did go "Red"..............🤔

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Well you did go "Red"..............🤔

Disturbing  preoccupation with "red".

Does that fit with suggestions you resemble and align as a clone of Mitch McConnell ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I found this very informative.

We have many members here regularly posting Kremlin propaganda talking points.

How does this happen? Where do they get these points? Who are the sources.

I've never been one to believe that many of them are paid agents of Putin. Rather the vast majority are useful idiots for Putin. 

Russia may indeed be a glorified gas station with a pathetical weak economy and of course unfortunately many nukes, but boy are they incredibly good at propaganda!

Probably the best in the world. Beware!

I hope you learn something from the professor.

Well he's not a Professor for a start but a PhD "doctor" with most of his qualifications from the Christian degree factories in the US so he seems to be an expert in spreading disinformation about himself. And he has paypal, buymeacofee, patreon and a host of fundraisers on his pages. I smell a a grifter.

https://www.daringerdes.com/about-dr-gerdes/

This is his award; https://www.cbfa.org/teaching-award

Screenshot 2024-06-13 151523.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well he's not a Professor for a start but a PhD "doctor" with most of his qualifications from the Christian degree factories in the US so he seems to be an expert in spreading disinformation about himself. And he has paypal, buymeacofee, patreon and a host of fundraisers on his pages. I smell a a grifter.

https://www.daringerdes.com/about-dr-gerdes/

This is his award; https://www.cbfa.org/teaching-award

Screenshot 2024-06-13 151523.jpg

Lol. Shoot the messenger, and miss! 

He is a tenured Professor of Business.

With various degrees in Government and Psychology, Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, and PhD in Organizational Leadership, he's probably as well qualified to discuss Russian propaganda in the US as anyone.

As hopefully you know, Russian propaganda is historical, storied, and ubiquitous.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

This is US policy degrade Russia using Ukraine troops and surplus western kit - both of which are running out and in the end walk away with a shrug. Another country bites the dust and it's all Putin's fault. Like October 7th history begins where western interests decides it does.

No country will be happier about a weakened Russian war machine than Ukraine. Well, except maybe the 20 odd other countries they've invaded since 1900.  But they've had time to rebuild and bury their dead. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, rabas said:

No country will be happier about a weakened Russian war machine than Ukraine. Well, except maybe the 20 odd other countries they've invaded since 1900.  But they've had time to rebuild and bury their dead. 

Unintended outcomes of preciptious action by the US can have catastrophic consequences. Just look at Iraq now an ally of Iran rather than an enemy and Iran didn't have nukes as the counterparty.My dad who fought in WW2 was mighty happy with the USSR fighting eventually on the side of the allies whilst in Ukraine they are bulldozering monuments to that.

https://mecouncil.org/publication_chapters/from-rivals-to-allies-irans-evolving-role-in-iraqs-geopolitics/

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Disturbing  preoccupation with "red".

Does that fit with suggestions you resemble and align as a clone of Mitch McConnell ?

Who's he.......🤔

• Thumbs Up 1