It happened to me again!!

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

ordered a cheeseburger and chips, well done.

food comes and the burger is raw in the middle and the chips stone cold.

Consider it punishment for eating such unhealthy food. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, thesetat said:

. Next time, take video and make it obvious you are making a youtube or other social media video about restaurants service and food in Thailand. See how they react if it happens again. 

Making and then publishing a video highlighting bad service sounds like a great way to end in hot water for defamation !

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Serious question. Why does only bob smith encounter such ridiculous situations in Thailand?

I realize all of his posts are fictional and that he is simply trolling in order to keep people busy and provoke 4-5 pages of chaotic replies, but let's imagine for a second that any one of his posts were real. Who could possibly have such consistently bad human relations with people? Is it even really possible to have such poor interpersonal skills as this fictional character bob smith portrays himself to be?

Sadly, I believe him.... His socio-phonetic cues indicate that he's not sharp enough to sustain such a long-running and consistent deception on this forum....  :omfg:

Edited by richard_smith237

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

what is this all about?

Fairly standard for SEA.  No real concept of customer service.

Many times I have seen the staff serve up the fries, then wait patiently for the rest of the food to be ready.  Of course, the fries are cold by the time the rest of the food is ready.

I suppose it's just how they are.  Not really encouraged to think for themselves.

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

is it cultural that one cannot complain about ones food in Thailand?

Yes.  It's cultural not to complain about anyone or do anything to upset them.

If you make someone feel bad due to their wrong behaviour, it's very likely that they will consider it your fault for pointing it out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thesetat said:

Haha this is normal reaction for Thai at a restaurant where they think you are supposed to be grateful for anything you get there. I once stopped at a restaurant and ordered food and some coke for me and my family. The coke was already opened and flat as hell. I complained about it and said they needed to send me a fresh bottle. They threw me and my family out because of that request. Next time, take video and make it obvious you are making a youtube or other social media video about restaurants service and food in Thailand. See how they react if it happens again. 

They will probably shoot you (and all of your family)... !

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GrungthepGringo said:

How about "tossed your salad"?

bob smith probably does that regularly on tranny nights. 

He will complain the "salad" is the wrong shape or flavour.

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If you make someone feel bad due to their wrong behaviour, it's very likely that they will consider it your fault for pointing it out.

ridiculous eh.

bob.

In Thai culture, complaining is the same as insulting the person. Obviously the OP is unaware of this cultural difference. The reactions he gets from the people he is complaining to are entirely predictable.

My strategy when I get poor service of any kind is simple. I say nothing. I walk out, and I never go back.

I must say such occurrences for me are extremely rare. But then, if I wanted a cheeseburger I'd go to McDonald's.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My strategy when I get poor service of any kind is simple. I say nothing. I walk out, and I never go back.

But don't you also have to be fast out of the gate when you don't pay?

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think the majority of people who have responded to this thread would have simply done the same. It seems like the normal thing to do in Thailand. Especially since sending your food back in a fit of dissatisfaction will likely result in something even worse being done to your food. It's just common sense to pay and leave without making a scene or a fuss. That's why the whole story seems like it can only be pulp fiction. But it is funny to think that someone would actually be as foolish to act any differently in that situation or to even rant about it on a public forum looking for sympathy. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

But don't you also have to be fast out of the gate when you don't pay?

I pay if needed. A hundred baht or so is not worth arguing over.

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

I ignored it because it simply wasn't relevant!

Communication was not a factor.

The waitress took my order and spoke good english.

She understood what well done means.

She even asked me, in english, how would I like my burger cooked...

if she didn't then in all fairness she shouldn't be working in a restaurant that caters to expats and sells western food! steaks, burgers etc....

bob.

You asked for a well-done burger!?!   She did you a favor.

11 minutes ago, tjintx said:

You asked for a well-done burger!?!   She did you a favor.

by serving me a raw burger??

what planet are you on!

bob.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bob smith said:

by serving me a raw burger??

what planet are you on!

bob.

Claire, Planet Claire.

No one ever dies there.   No one has a head.

Edited by tjintx