ICC Seeks Arrest Warrants for Sinwar and Netanyahu Over War Crimes & October 7 Attack

Looks like some sanctions will be coming

US signals support for possible ICC sanctions over Israel warrants

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has suggested he will work with lawmakers on potential sanctions against the International Criminal Court as its prosecutor seeks arrest warrants for senior Israeli officials.

Mr Blinken told a congressional hearing he was "committed" to taking action against the "profoundly wrong-headed decision".

His comments come amid a Republican push to impose sanctions on ICC officials, which may see a vote as soon as this week.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp66e6ppzd0o

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

No, I scrolled down for a few seconds and there you have it:

Bibi was also quick to switch to his default position. All this is not relevant anymore because Israel has dealt itself a possibly fatal blow with this crisis and even very pro-Israel France is now backing the ICC.

Netanyahu: ‘Absurd’ ICC bid to arrest Israeli leaders is ‘the new antisemitism’
https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-absurd-icc-bid-to-arrest-israeli-leaders-is-the-new-antisemitism/

France and Belgium support request for arrest warrants of Israel and Hamas leaders
https://apnews.com/article/israel-iran-hamas-latest-05-21-2024-2932f9c3878af8aee603bcc759a57cc6

Bit of clarification from the French

Day after backing ICC, France says there’s no comparison between Israel and Hamas

Changing tone on Tuesday, Séjourné stressed that Hamas is “a terrorist group that celebrated the October 7 attacks” in which it killed some 1,200 people in southern Israel and took another 252 hostages. Israel, by contrast, is “a democratic state that must respect international law in the conduct of a war that it did not itself start,” Séjourné noted.

Israel’s Foreign Minister, Israel Katz, speaking in Paris at an event attended by Séjourné, urged him “to announce loud and clear that the decision of the Chief Prosecutor is unacceptable to you and the French government – regardless of the authority of the court.”

“This is what our friends around the world did, and this is what I expect from our friend, the French government,” Katz said, referring to denunciations of the prosecutor’s move by US President Joe Biden among others.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/day-after-backing-icc-france-says-theres-no-comparison-between-israel-and-hamas/

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing unexpected there then.

Israel leaders and it's sycophants in foreign governments must be really worried about it to mount such a vehement response, especially when Norway has apparently said it will arrest netanyahu if the warrants are approved, and he goes to Norway. Seems Norway isn't in with genocide.

Yes Israel and those foreign governments including the UK are really worried that this has scuppered any deal to get hostages out and ceasefire that could lead to the end of the war. When did Norway have evidence there was genocide?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Even if one crime is greater than the other, that still doesn't mean they aren't both crimes. And the alleged criminal conduct of netanyahu and gallant are both grave, regardless of what the leaders of Hamas have inflicted.

Even if one crime is greater than the other, that still doesn't mean they aren't both crimes.

Bravo :clap2: did I claim anything else?

Just now, Neeranam said:

Blinken, like many Jewish Yanks, has a persecution complex. 

Is Biden Jewish also, what difference does your religion make for you to see it so important to point out?

'Not genocide': Watch Biden passionately denounce ICC seeking arrest warrants for Israeli leaders

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2024/05/20/biden-remarks-icc-israel-hamas-war-lead-digvid.cnn

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Even if one crime is greater than the other, that still doesn't mean they aren't both crimes.

Bravo :clap2: did I claim anything else?

Actually, you didn't claim anything.

Maybe you didn't read what you quoted?

"Israel’s Foreign Minister, Israel Katz, speaking in Paris at an event attended by Séjourné, urged him “to announce loud and clear that the decision of the Chief Prosecutor is unacceptable to you and the French government – regardless of the authority of the court.”

“This is what our friends around the world did, and this is what I expect from our friend, the French government,” Katz said, referring to denunciations of the prosecutor’s move by US President Joe Biden among others."

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Maybe you didn't read what you quoted?

"Israel’s Foreign Minister, Israel Katz, speaking in Paris at an event attended by Séjourné, urged him “to announce loud and clear that the decision of the Chief Prosecutor is unacceptable to you and the French government – regardless of the authority of the court.”

“This is what our friends around the world did, and this is what I expect from our friend, the French government,” Katz said, referring to denunciations of the prosecutor’s move by US President Joe Biden among others."

Correct. So why?

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It was a response to the poster I was replying to, a clarification from the French themselves updated from the article he posted.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Correct. So why?

It was a response to the poster I was replying to, a clarification from the French themselves updated from the article he posted.

Therefore not to have its assumptions questioned?

Therefore not to have its assumptions questioned?

What assumptions would those be that need clarifying from the article rattlesnake posted and the update I posted for him to read?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing unexpected there then.

Israel leaders and it's sycophants in foreign governments must be really worried about it to mount such a vehement response, especially when Norway has apparently said it will arrest netanyahu if the warrants are approved, and he goes to Norway. Seems Norway isn't in with genocide.

Norway hasn't said that though .

But, no point in myself stating what Norway did say , because you will still believe what you want to believe .

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That a member nation can find a decision of the ICC unacceptable. It's one thing to disagree with a decision, it's quite another to find it unacceptable.

What has that got to do with the specific update the French gave?

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What has that got to do with the specific update the French gave?

What has this got to do with the specific update the French gave?

You're the one who introduced it into the thread. Not me.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What has this got to do with the specific update the French gave?

You're the one who introduced it into the thread. Not me.

That's not the update though. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's not the update though. 

So what? I was responding to part of what you quoted. Just not the part you prefer gets paid attention to. 

And what do you think the significance of that "update" is?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So what? I was responding to part of what you quoted. Just not the part you prefer gets paid attention to. 

And what do you think the significance of that "update" is?

So what?

I don't care what you are responding to. My post was not for you. Rattlesnakes article had to be read first to see the significance as an update.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

do the same with those that supply arms to Ukraine too!

As far as I know Ukraine officials don't bomb any area with lots of civilians. And they don't block food and other necessary deliveries to people in need.

I don't really know how that war can go on, but in that case, I don't think weapon deliveries are illegal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So what?

I don't care what you are responding to. My post was not for you. Rattlesnakes article had to be read first to see the significance as an update.

I got exciting news for you. This is an open forum. If you care to carry on a private colloquy with another member, that's what the PM function is for.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I got exciting news for you. This is an open forum. If you care to carry on a private colloquy with another member, that's what the PM function is for.

Take your placard with news elsewhere. It's also a forum where I am not obliged to reply to your baiting posts

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Take your placard with news elsewhere. It's also a forum where I am not obliged to reply to your baiting posts

You are just as free to ignore my posts as I am to address yours. And vice versa. Who said otherwise?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You are just as free to ignore my posts as I am to address yours. And vice versa. Who said otherwise?

Baiting ignored. Thanks for the permission lol

Edited by Bkk Brian