Slow AN

9 minutes ago, still kicking said:
Download
Mbps
Upload
Mbps
Ping

That's more than enough! I'm getting; 0.2 Mbps down and 5.6 Mbps up. Friends in South America ridiculously slow too.

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

That's more than enough! I'm getting; 0.2 Mbps down and 5.6 Mbps up. Friends in South America ridiculously slow too.

But all other sites load fast just AN is very slow 

• Agree 2

I'm noticing issues too...       the pages are very slow to load...  and when they do load, it loads some posts, then not others, and then jumps to the top of the page, I scroll down, more posts are loaded... the same thing happens for a few mins..  until the page fully loads... (it usually loads in seconds).

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm noticing issues too...       the pages are very slow to load...  and when they do load, it loads some posts, then not others, and then jumps to the top of the page, I scroll down, more posts are loaded... the same thing happens for a few mins..  until the page fully loads... (it usually loads in seconds).

Another maintenance coming up? :coffee1:

1 minute ago, champers said:

You should get this moved to Forum Support Desk. You are not alone in having these issues.

NB: I use my phone to access AN.

I don't use my phone at all to connect any websites just it for my mail. But anyhow AN is faster now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

AN is hosted are these days hosted in a very powerful Singapore datacenter so shouldn't be affected by the broken undersea cables, if you are accessing from Thailand. Are you guys experiencing slow page loads today Tuesday?

Solution: download this free one and you will get a remarkable pagespeed:

https://one.one.one.one

12 minutes ago, george said:

, if you are accessing from Thailand. Are you guys experiencing slow page loads today Tuesday?

No issues here in Chonburi.

When I click on a thread, it takes between 8 and 15 seconds to go to it. 

Also, the only way I ever come to this forum, is via the emails. However, since the Thaiger takeover, when I click the links in the emails, it takes much longer to load, again about 15 seconds.

Also, every time I visit the forum, I am logged out. Like I am obviously logged in now, but if I go to my email right now and click on a link from the AN email, it will bring me to the forum, but I will be logged out again. No doubt this is murdering engagement. 

On 5/20/2024 at 10:32 PM, still kicking said:

But all other sites load fast just AN is very slow 

This morning the site simply stopped working.

My PC is OK, the link to the server is OK, but the site server was refusing to accept traffic once again.

Ookla speed test to BKK, ping = 10ms, D/L = 369.3 Mbps, U/L = 314.3 Mbps

3BB speed test to BKK, ping = 10ms, D/L = 263.6 Mbps, U/L = 310,6 Mbps

Since it came back it takes 2 or 3 minutes  to load any page and changing  a page or opening a different thread takes just as long.

It is as bad now with the Thaiger as it was when it was sold by AN.

It is only this site that gives me this problem.

• Agree 2

On 5/21/2024 at 5:29 AM, george said:

AN is hosted are these days hosted in a very powerful Singapore datacenter so shouldn't be affected by the broken undersea cables, if you are accessing from Thailand. Are you guys experiencing slow page loads today Tuesday?

Saturday 25 May 2024

I have just loaded the link you haven given and I will see how the rest of the day goes.

On 5/20/2024 at 10:29 PM, george said:

Any reason why all of a sudden today with one browser clicking on my link to aseannow, which was working normally this morning, I am getting this -

<?php /** * @brief Public bootstrap * @author <a href='https://www.invisioncommunity.com'>Invision Power Services, Inc.</a> * @copyright (c) Invision Power Services, Inc. * @license https://www.invisioncommunity.com/legal/standards/ * @package Invision Community * @since 18 Feb 2013 */ \define('REPORT_EXCEPTIONS', TRUE); $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME'] = __FILE__; require_once 'init.php'; \IPS\Dispatcher\Front::i()->run();

Clicking on news items in the email no issue but I could not get to the forum in general so had to use a different browser to get to this page......

I am using Quad 9 not Cloudflare for DNS but no issues with other sites.

ANscreenshot.png.96b02399579adc4b320902d3b123b050.png

• Like 1

I have noticed the slowness of AN for a week or so already, on my iPhone and all other sites working normally.

Yesterday i had an “ event “ , i usually have several tabs of AN open for quick access and each one would open with all the tabs showing and various other info showing as if clicked, very unusual.

Today had another, all AN tabs refusing to open and and a “ download “ tab open on the bottom of each page.

Both events were gone when I returned maybe an hour later and the AN forum back to normal, loading very slowly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah, slow for several days now. I'm in the western suburbs of Bangkok. Hardly ever use the phone because it is so covered with ads and jumping that it makes it unusable. I usually only connect with a laptop.

19 hours ago, topt said:

Any reason why all of a sudden today with one browser clicking on my link to aseannow, which was working normally this morning, I am getting this -

Clicking on news items in the email no issue but I could not get to the forum in general so had to use a different browser to get to this page......

I am using Quad 9 not Cloudflare for DNS but no issues with other sites.

ANscreenshot.png.96b02399579adc4b320902d3b123b050.png

Go to your browser privacy settings and clear the cache that will get rid of it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

Saturday 25 May 2024

I have just loaded the link you haven given and I will see how the rest of the day goes.

After I loaded that link and installed it, yesterday on AH it went much quicker.

Today however it is slowing down again and I have had to reload several pages to see the contents.