Scandal rocks PM Srettha: Ethics violation accusation

6 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Normal behaviour they’re all rotten

Any government which has soldiers involved who are trying to be politicians is rotten.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin remains resolute amid an ethics complaint that could see him suspended.

Srettha to be suspended, Thaksin officially taking charge... Not even the worst Hollywood script with the most predictable storyline can top that.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

offering a lunchbox containing 2 million baht

Easy mistake to make 

Why just yesterday at the cretieow stall my noodle soup 40 baht had 2 million accidentally misplaced under the moo deng. I complained vociferously and they gave me a free bottle of water to make amends...oh and put the 2 million baht in a plastic bag securely fastened with an elastic band to take home. Still trying to get it undone...how do they get it so tight?! 😡 

23 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Thailand to a T.....ethics?.....what a joke.

But...but... it all happened so long ago and he's a changed man now - honest!🙄 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

According to news reports, Prime Minister's Office Minister Pichit Chuenban handed in his resignation letter today (Tuesday) after 40 senators asked the Constitutional Court to review the ministerial status of both Pichit and Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, following the prime minister's recent appointment of Pichit during the latest cabinet reshuffle.

The court is expected to decide on Thursday whether to accept the senators' petition. Jade Donavanik, a lecturer at the College of Asian Scholars, told Thai Enquirer today that the court might dismiss the petition against Pichit on Thursday because the petition asked the court to rule on Pichit's ministerial status, which is no longer relevant after his resignation.

However, even though Pichit has resigned, the court might still decide to look into the case against Srettha, he said. This is because the appointment was already made, and the senators' petition questions the appointment on ethical grounds, given that Srettha appointed Pichit despite being aware of his past conviction, he added.

Source: Thai Enquirer

10 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

There is a "tipping point" for every country's population.

Many examples in history, i.e. France, when the masses simply descended on all those in power and cut all their heads off!

I don't underestimate the people's disatisfaction and anger about what happened with Pita, and forsee that tipping point for the Thai people fast approaching.

If they didn't tip at that,then as I said at the time,the powers that be will know the only thing Thais will.tip into is apathy.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:56 AM, CanadaSam said:

There is a "tipping point" for every country's population.

Many examples in history, i.e. France, when the masses simply descended on all those in power and cut all their heads off!

I don't underestimate the people's disatisfaction and anger about what happened with Pita, and forsee that tipping point for the Thai people fast approaching.

Agree with you I have well over 3000 Thai friends on the net all of them voted for Pita they all very upset and pished off.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In his resignation letter, Pichit expressed confidence in his qualifications but prioritised national stability over personal ambition

That's a first...

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

His final act as minister involved addressing the concerns of debt-stricken teachers at the Government Complaint Centre

As teachers you'd think they have had a good education and can live financially within their means...

Not borrow beyond their capacity to repay debts just to look high status in society .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As teachers you'd think they have had a good education and can live financially within their means...

Not borrow beyond their capacity to repay debts just to look high status in society .

Thai teachers have been permanently and heavily indebted for many years.

• Like 1