British Tourist Dies in Tragic Jet Ski Accident in Phuket

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Agree 100%. Ban these dangerous toys.

I've twice been nearly decapitated by them whilst swimming off Hua Hin beach. 

RIP fella. 

Couldn't agree more....plus the noise is ridiculous.....we moved away from out beachfront hotel in Pattaya because of them.

• Love It 1

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It was clearly written with AI as the 'journalist' was unable to compose it himself. I stopped reading after the first three paragraphs. I want to read facts (which according to the comments in this case are confused or non-existent), not nonsense like sun-soaked paradise. We have to accept that many of the 'journalists' here, even foreign ones, are working here as they wouldn't get a job in the west. They simply are not good enough, but might claim they are here for the life-style. Right.

And I write as a journalist of over 40 years standing who has written for almost every UK Daily and Sunday national newspaper, and who has worked now and then with Thai journalists. If I recall correctly, and I do stand to be corrected, this writer is the editor-in-chief at The Thaiger, but still has to resort to AI. That says it all.

ouch. beautiful comment. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, superal said:

Life jackets should be compulsory when using water ski  or jet ski . At high speed , if you come off and hit the water , it hurts and can cause internal injuries or even knock you out . Also alcohol should be avoided when taking part in water sports .

Dont forget the hi viz jacket and compulsory insurance helmet etec etc etc etc f (deleted )

Posted (edited)

Where is this reported in Phuket News...? If it isn't, why...? Very strange... 

Most likely scenario is he was hit by a jetski..., otherwise riding these they almost always wear life jacket... 

I can imagine certain jetski rental gangs would want to suppress this news if the likely scenario above is true...!!!?

Out of control water sport in Phuket is the worst thing happening to this island right now..., but too much money involved ...! 

Edited by Agusts

On 5/23/2024 at 8:34 AM, Excogitator said:

I absolutely hate jet-skis. In my opinion, they should be banned altogether. 

Another reason to love and live on Koh Chang, where they Are banned. :thumbsup:

On 5/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

According to the lead-in headline he was on a paradise holiday so I presume he was of the Moslem faith. 😋

Stupid comment on so many levels, not least being the fact that Christianity also has a paradise.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:07 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

It was clearly written with AI as the 'journalist' was unable to compose it himself. I stopped reading after the first three paragraphs. I want to read facts (which according to the comments in this case are confused or non-existent), not nonsense like sun-soaked paradise. We have to accept that many of the 'journalists' here, even foreign ones, are working here as they wouldn't get a job in the west. They simply are not good enough, but might claim they are here for the life-style. Right.

And I write as a journalist of over 40 years standing who has written for almost every UK Daily and Sunday national newspaper, and who has worked now and then with Thai journalists. If I recall correctly, and I do stand to be corrected, this writer is the editor-in-chief at The Thaiger, but still has to resort to AI. That says it all.

Looks like it was lifted straight from the local newspaper - Stoke Sentinel.

No details about the "accident" in that report. I guess the details will come out at the inquest, so we will probably not get to hear them.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/stoke-trent-holidaymaker-dies-phuket-9297355?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Looks like it was lifted straight from the local newspaper - Stoke Sentinel.

No details about the "accident" in that report. I guess the details will come out at the inquest, so we will probably not get to hear them.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/stoke-trent-holidaymaker-dies-phuket-9297355?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

Doing do is unethical. Real journalists would know that. Around 10% is allowable, and the source needs to be quoted. A colleague of mine was sacked by The Times for lifting parts of other journalists' work for a book.