Motorcycle Accident in Pattaya Claims Life of a British Man

snoop1130

572790_new-1024x577.jpg

A man from Britain died in a motorbike accident late-night on May 21, 2024, in Pattaya. Witnesses report that he had a dispute with another driver while in a heavy downpour before meeting his untimely demise.

At 11:06 PM, police in Nongprue, along with Sawang Boriboon rescuers, received reports about a crash on Soi Map Yai Lia 24 in the Nongprue sub-district of the Banglamung district in the province of Chonburi. They quickly responded to the scene of the accident.

On arriving at the location, they discovered the body of the victim on the roadside. Police later publicized the individual as Mr. John William Palmer, a 56-year-old from Britain, next to his badly damaged bronze Honda Air Blade motorcycle. Emergency services at the scene announced Mr. John dead due to severe injuries.

As per an eyewitness account by a man named Mr. Panithan, 27, Mr. John appeared to be in a disagreement with another driver, a vendor on a saleng (motorbike with a sidecar), amidst a heavy rain shower. The eyewitness recounted that after the vendor on the saleng bypassed Mr. John's motorbike, Mr. John abruptly lost control and collided with an electricity pole.

The police in Nongprue are examining the case and using CCTV from the area to identify the other driver involved in the incident. Mr. John's remains have been moved to Banglamung Hospital, awaiting the arrival of his family.

Photo courtesy of The Pattaya News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-22

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr. John's remains have been moved to Banglamung Hospital, awaiting the arrival of his family.

Thai Family ?? Will he not undergo an autopsy ? 

2 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

It wasn't like that all all, I'm a personal friend and all I say is search for the CCTV then you will see what happened and the inaccurate reporting. 

not surprised at all. all too often these kinds of stories have a shroud of confusion surrounding them.....as they are reported i mean. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Road rage, why are people so angry on our roads. Every day I see an angry foreigner yelling out, blasting his horn aggressively at someone on the roads here in Pattaya. 

I give way to everyone, if it's safe to do so, everyone has right of way when I'm on the road. 

The Brit was probably angry because he was riding his 18 year old scooter. My Air Blade died about 12 years ago. 

RIP to your Airblade mate.🙏

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roo860 said:

RIP to your Airblade mate.🙏

Yeah, I could have worded that a bit better. 

I was in a hurry, going out for dinner with the family. 💐

Thanks mate 👍

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stoner said:

until another scooter comes out from behind a concrete pillar at sukhumvit and whittaya through a red light. even with a quick reaction time i barely missed the other bike and had a pretty nasty accident.

safely going through a green light i was. 

Crikey, bloody real Lucky you weren't being foolish, you'd be a goner, mr stoner. 

I reckon you'd nearly poo your pants after that incident, I hope you had a splif waiting for you back home so you could de-stress and mellow. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

It called Road rage, and that type of behavior has claimed many lives everyday all over the world

mostly due to poor road manners, under the influence and many more reasons...

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

... and then there was a line from a song

I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane
You may be right
I may be crazy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

The un-, or availability of cctv footage will be announced, "after" the surveillance of it.

It is on the viral news website.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1