Ireland, Norway, & Spain to Recognize Palestinian State Amid Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This is a different situation to the troubles in Ireland and is incomparable 

Both people want the same land though . 

Both Israelis and Palestine want Jerusalem and neither side will budge on that 

I fully agree - while there is no doubt that the Irish people have suffered at the hands of the British, their suffering and their humiliation is nothing compared to what Israel has rained down on the Palestinians for decades. While I won't condone violence in any form, I often wonder how my views might have been shaped had I been forced to endure that which the Palestinians have had to endure.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I fully agree - while there is no doubt that the Irish people have suffered at the hands of the British, their suffering and their humiliation is nothing compared to what Israel has rained down on the Palestinians for decades. While I won't condone violence in any form, I often wonder how my views might have been shaped had I been forced to endure that which the Palestinians have had to endure.

Palestinians only get treated the way they do because they keep attacking Israel 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians only get treated the way they do because they keep attacking Israel 

I don't agree that the flow of evil either started with the Palestinians or that it's only one way. But we are where we are - we need to find a way to break the cycle of hatred and bitterness and violence in both sides.

I believe that my point still stands - if Israel had offered a means of negotiating a fair and reasonable resolution I am sure that most Palestinians would wish to pursue it. 

Admittedly, I don't know many Palestinians but the ones I do know are no different to any other people I know in terms of inherent goodness and decency.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I don't agree that the flow of evil either started with the Palestinians or that it's only one way. But we are where we are - we need to find a way to break the cycle of hatred and bitterness and violence in both sides.

I believe that my point still stands - if Israel had offered a means of negotiating a fair and reasonable resolution I am sure that most Palestinians would wish to pursue it. 

Admittedly, I don't know many Palestinians but the ones I do know are no different to any other people I know in terms of inherent goodness and decency.

How about any Israelis ?

Do you know any Israelis ?

What are those Israelis like that you know ?

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How about any Israelis ?

Do you know any Israelis ?

What are those Israelis like that you know ?

I spent a week on an Australian live-aboard with a couple of Israelis where we dived on the great barrier reef together - good lads too, more open to a beer than my Palestinian colleagues but no less or more decent or honourable as individuals from the interactions I enjoyed with them. What's your point?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you know what terms Israel offered ?

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I spent a week on an Australian live-aboard with a couple of Israelis where we dived on the great barrier reef together - good lads too, more open to a beer than my Palestinian colleagues but no less or more decent or honourable as individuals from the interactions I enjoyed with them. What's your point?

I was being rather sarcastic .

Like, who you personally know is irrelevant .

* I know one nice Palestinian , that means they are all nice* kind of thing 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

It comes into effect today. Its no surprise you'll not be commenting any further

Contrary to your repeated claims, and others from the right of centre Hamas, has not been recognised. An example...

“Furthermore, this decision reflects our absolute rejection of Hamas, a terrorist organization who is against the two-state solution,” Sánchez said. “From the outset, Spain has strongly condemned the terrorist attacks of Oct. 7. This clear condemnation is the resounding expression of our steadfast commitment in the fight against terrorism. I would like to underline that starting tomorrow we would focus all our efforts to implement the two state solution and make it a reality.”

https://time.com/6982633/spain-norway-palestine/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_campaign=newsletter+brief+default+ac&utm_content=+++20240528+++body&lctg=282256446

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Contrary to your repeated claims, and others from the right of centre Hamas, has not been recognised. An example...

“Furthermore, this decision reflects our absolute rejection of Hamas, a terrorist organization who is against the two-state solution,” Sánchez said. “From the outset, Spain has strongly condemned the terrorist attacks of Oct. 7. This clear condemnation is the resounding expression of our steadfast commitment in the fight against terrorism. I would like to underline that starting tomorrow we would focus all our efforts to implement the two state solution and make it a reality.”

https://time.com/6982633/spain-norway-palestine/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_campaign=newsletter+brief+default+ac&utm_content=+++20240528+++body&lctg=282256446

I'm making quotes from the article and the Spanish PM not claims. Thanks for confirming that Hamas does not want a two state solution as it does not recognize Israel as a state. Mentioned already in one of my posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was being rather sarcastic .

Like, who you personally know is irrelevant .

* I know one nice Palestinian , that means they are all nice* kind of thing 

Believe me, I was being equally facetious.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm making quotes from the article and the Spanish PM not claims. Thanks for confirming that Hamas does not want a two state solution as it does not recognize Israel as a state. Mentioned already in one of my posts.

Just being obstinate. - it is well known Hamas isn't interested in a Two State solution, Numerous other UN members are  looking to the future by supporting the PA by diplomatic means. Whether the stabilisation via a Two State solution is viable in the medium term is currently up in the air, but at least diplomatic efforts are slowly moving forward. As previously mentioned US military leaders and other senior interested parties have a view the current Israeli action to destroy Hamas is an exercise in futility, the answers lie  within diplomacy / political outcomes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Just being obstinate. - it is well known Hamas isn't interested in a Two State solution, Numerous other UN members are  looking to the future by supporting the PA by diplomatic means. Whether the stabilisation via a Two State solution is viable in the medium term is currently up in the air, but at least diplomatic efforts are slowly moving forward. As previously mentioned US military leaders and other senior interested parties have a view the current Israeli action to destroy Hamas is an exercise in futility, the answers lie  within diplomacy / political outcomes.

No just being factual

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

No just being factual

No, you're not. I already pointed out the quote and your text are not the same and don't have the same meaning 

So obstinate is the right word.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

No, you're not. I already pointed out the quote and your text are not the same and don't have the same meaning 

So obstinate is the right word.

Oh yes I am.........:thumbsup: However you keep interjecting into random posts and refusing to reply to the posts I respond to you with.

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2024 at 11:48 PM, Robert Paulson said:

The more political battles Israel loses, the more kids they kill. Why it’s allowed I have no idea. 

It's all they have and they are protected by the US.

IMO the rest of the world should ignore the US veto and sanction israel till it leaves the illegally occupied territories and allows the Palestinians to have an independent state.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:31 PM, simple1 said:

As previously mentioned US military leaders and other senior interested parties have a view the current Israeli action to destroy Hamas is an exercise in futility, the answers lie  within diplomacy / political outcomes.

At least you got that right.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:47 AM, RuamRudy said:

Seriously, you need to read up on the history of the English in Ireland. Especially the part when Cromwell was there, and what they did during the potato famine.

Spain is required to accept refugees that are undergoing a genocide. Since Spain considers the situation in Gaza a genocide, according to their own laws, they will need to accept refugees from Gaza, but supposedly aren't that keen on the idea.

Perhaps in the name of humanitarian aid, i.e. so Gazans don't need to live under Hamas rule, Israel should encourage, and help fund Gazan's moving to Spain.

https://www.kan.org.il/content/kan-news/global/755841/

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Spain is required to accept refugees that are undergoing a genocide. Since Spain considers the situation in Gaza a genocide, according to their own laws, they will need to accept refugees from Gaza, but supposedly aren't that keen on the idea.

Perhaps in the name of humanitarian aid, i.e. so Gazans don't need to live under Hamas rule, Israel should encourage, and help fund Gazan's moving to Spain.

https://www.kan.org.il/content/kan-news/global/755841/

You outdid yourself here. Lower and lower you're sinking.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

You outdid yourself here. Lower and lower you're sinking.

But there's a genocide going on  , innocent Woman  and Children being targeted , mass starvation , an open prison, indiscriminate bombing .

Certain death for all Palestinians .

Why aren't you celebrating Spain coming to save them and giving them all refuge ?

16 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

But there's a genocide going on  , innocent Woman  and Children being targeted , mass starvation , an open prison, indiscriminate bombing .

Certain death for all Palestinians .

Why aren't you celebrating Spain coming to save them and giving them all refuge ?

Why are you encouraging the ethnic cleansing of an indigenous people.

On 5/30/2024 at 11:55 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seriously, you need to read up on the history of the English in Ireland. Especially the part when Cromwell was there, and what they did during the potato famine.

True, I was referring to more contemporary times but you are correct to point out that the historic actions of the British in Ireland were horrific, as they were in countless other countries over the centuries.