Nikki Haley Announces She Will Vote for Trump in November

image.png

Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has declared her intention to vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming November election. This announcement marks her first public statement since exiting the Republican presidential primary over two months ago. Haley, who served as the US ambassador to the United Nations under Trump, acknowledged that while Trump “has not been perfect” on several policies important to her, including foreign policy, immigration, and the economy, she believes President Joe Biden “has been a catastrophe.” She stated unequivocally, “So I will be voting for Trump.”

During a Q&A session following her speech at the conservative Hudson Institute in Washington, DC, where she currently holds the position of Walter P. Stern chair, Haley expressed no regrets about her primary bid. “We left it all on the field,” she said, thanking the primary voters who have continued to support her even after her departure from the race. She emphasized the importance for Trump to engage with these voters, stating, “Trump would be smart to reach out to the millions of people who voted for me and continue to support me, and not assume that they’re just going to be with him. And I genuinely hope he does that.”

Haley and Trump were previously engaged in a contentious primary feud. Haley had criticized Trump’s mental fitness and his disrespect towards the military, particularly after Trump mocked the absence of her deployed husband. Despite these sharp exchanges, Haley’s endorsement suggests a pragmatic decision in the face of a general election. In her Hudson Institute speech, Haley did not initially mention Trump but addressed him when questioned afterwards. She highlighted a rising “dangerous worldview” on both sides of the aisle, emphasizing the need to take such threats seriously.

Haley offered robust support for Israel’s war with Hamas and criticized President Biden for placing conditions on military aid to Israel. “Biden thinks he’s stopping a war,” she said. “In fact, he’s dragging out a war, emboldening terrorists, and making other wars more likely.” She also urged her fellow Republicans to support military aid for Ukraine and Israel, framing it as an investment in global stability.

Since leaving the race, Haley has spent time with her family, including her husband Michael, who recently returned from a year-long overseas deployment. Despite her withdrawal, Haley has continued to garner significant support in Republican primaries, highlighting a potential challenge for Trump to unify the party. Her strong performance in suburban areas of swing states indicates her continued influence.

Haley’s next steps remain uncertain. While she has not expressed interest in joining Trump’s ticket, some, like Republican Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina, believe she would be an excellent vice-presidential candidate. Norman noted Haley’s impressive primary performance and has pitched her potential candidacy to both Trump and Haley.  Trump has publicly stated that Haley “is not under consideration” for a running mate but wished her well. Haley has kept her distance, neither hostile nor seeking Trump’s approval. They have not spoken since her concession speech in March.

Credit: CNN 2024-05-24

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tug said:

Naa I think she despises him unfortunately for republicans their base won’t allow any dissent she knows it,in my opinion it’s purely a pragmatic decision on survival she wants to fight another day.trump might use her as vp

You can think whatever you want. The FACT is she kept her word.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, pomchop said:

her words  and lying lyndsey and an entire parade of spineless republicans who made public statements that trump is not fit for office....

her words ? you wrote the comment or she did ? i'm confused. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

What do I find offensive?

1. Funding the useless war in Ukraine. Money better spent on American veterans.

2. Infrastructure. Good idea but poorly executed and too tied with agenda driven and politically driven projects.

3. European allies? Stand with them but don't stand FOR them. They need to do more to defend themselves.

4. Tax the wealthy. Already taxed enough. The government has a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

5. Get kids out of poverty and support seniors. These have no meaning without any policy.

PLUS

1. Paying student loans. Rob the poor to pay the rich at its worst. 

2. Disaster of Afghanistan

3. Disastrous Middle East policy

4. Inflation and cost of living destroying ordinary Americans. 

5. Borderline treasonous immigration policy

And what did trump actually accomplish?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tug said:

Well jee wizz let’s just take a gander at (what the other side is offering)we’re do we start hanaguma is it the infrastructure or the domestically manufactured computer chips or standing with labor not the big mega corporations perhaps it’s supporting Ukraine and nato standing hand in hand with our European allies perhaps it’s the attempts to tax the wealthy not the middle class perhaps it’s getting kids out of poverty perhaps it’s supporting our senior citizens there’s lots and lots more the (other side) is PROVIDING…….so just what in particular do you find so offensive?

could you perhaps use a period or two next time please. 

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

1. Abraham accords

2. Two dollar gas

3. 1.4% inflation

4. Record low unemployment for minorities

5. Partial fix on immigration

6. Stimulating lazy NATO members to pay their fair share for defence

7. No Russian invasion of Ukraine (unlike Obama or Biden)

8. Criminal justice reform

9. Funding of HBCU

#1 thanks the Abraham accords are a good thing we actually agree #2 2$ gas happened because of overproduction during Covid as you are well aware #3 that didn’t last past his tax scam for the wealthy and is a responsible for a large portion of the inflation we are experiencing now #4 he presided over the greatest # of jobs lost in our history he’s only the second president to lose more jobs than gained the other is Hoover 5 he killed a real fix that was put to get y a bipartisan team to address the problem #6 tryed to extort nato#7kinda makes ya wonder just what was discussed in helinsky humm???#8 are you kidding well perhaps as long as he’s allowed to get away with everything #8 I don’t know what the hbcw is I will try to find out.i do want to thank you for enlightening me as to one positive thing the trump administration managed to achieve.it doesent mitigate the great harm he has done to my country and system of government not by a long shot.Im disappointed with Nicky Haley’s cop out but it is the pragmatic choice for someone in her position 

• Haha 1

She would never vote for a Democrat and Trump is the only Republican candidate. Who else is there for her to vote for?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

A wise move. Trump is far from perfect, but compared to Biden he looks outstanding. 

Good to see the Republicans standing together. It bodes well for November. 

You beat me to it. She probably despises Trump, but knows that he is a better candidate than Biden/ Harris.

No matter how much other GOP politicians dislike Trump, they will probably hold their noses and vote for him, as they have seen the disaster that the Biden presidency has been.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

#1 thanks the Abraham accords are a good thing we actually agree #2 2$ gas happened because of overproduction during Covid as you are well aware #3 that didn’t last past his tax scam for the wealthy and is a responsible for a large portion of the inflation we are experiencing now #4 he presided over the greatest # of jobs lost in our history he’s only the second president to lose more jobs than gained the other is Hoover 5 he killed a real fix that was put to get y a bipartisan team to address the problem #6 tryed to extort nato#7kinda makes ya wonder just what was discussed in helinsky humm???#8 are you kidding well perhaps as long as he’s allowed to get away with everything #8 I don’t know what the hbcw is I will try to find out.i do want to thank you for enlightening me as to one positive thing the trump administration managed to achieve.it doesent mitigate the great harm he has done to my country and system of government not by a long shot.Im disappointed with Nicky Haley’s cop out but it is the pragmatic choice for someone in her position 

Here's a few more for you....good, bad, indifferent....don't care.

https://frankreport.com/2020/04/18/one-hundred-twenty-five-amazing-accomplishments-of-president-donald-j-trump/

11 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

A lot of her primary voters were likely Democrats taking advantage of open primaries to make a protest vote and had no intention of voting for Haley had she been the GOP nominee

Just some.So what?

If 5 percent of Haley Republicans voters vote for Biden or don't vote then Biden wins.

15 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

1. Abraham accords

2. Two dollar gas

3. 1.4% inflation

4. Record low unemployment for minorities

5. Partial fix on immigration

6. Stimulating lazy NATO members to pay their fair share for defence

7. No Russian invasion of Ukraine (unlike Obama or Biden)

8. Criminal justice reform

9. Funding of HBCU

1. Sure . Peace without involving Palestinians and Iran. How did it work eventually! 😀

2. World prices. Nothing to do with Trump. Actually, oil prices increased under Trump pre-Covid. Not his fault, to be honest, that was because of the OPEC.

3. 1.4% during Covid only, for obvious reasons which also have nothing to do with Trump. Pre-Covid inflation was higher in the U.S. than in other developped countries, e.g. the EU.

Trump surfed on Obama's economic wave....

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1