Nikki Haley Announces She Will Vote for Trump in November

23 hours ago, nattaya09 said:

A lot of her primary voters were likely Democrats taking advantage of open primaries to make a protest vote and had no intention of voting for Haley had she been the GOP nominee

except the recent ones were closed republican primaries...nice try

• Like 1

Just now, pomchop said:

Hell it woud not surprise me if she ends up begging to be his VP...or maybe t will just name eric as his VP....he does love to have lapdogs kissing his rear end and telling him what a "stable genius" he is.

I would be surprised if Trump would trust her as VP.

She would be a good candidate, though.

I think Trump will take a lapdog.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I would be surprised if Trump would trust her as VP.

She would be a good candidate, though.

I think Trump will take a lapdog.

There is no way that he would name anyone or anything other than a total spineless lapdog as VP...take a look at mike pence who followed him like a lost puppy and threw his strong "christian beliefs" aside to worship at the altar of orange jesus...only after trump threw him to the thugs and almost got him killed did pence finally semi figure out what a total  fool he had been from the day he kissed the ring....but there is still time for pence to retract and get on the support trump train again. 

Would not surprise me in the least.  I have lived a lot of years and watched a lot of politicians but have never ever seen anything even approaching the spineless "republicans" that to this day still take a knee.

Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

NY Times headline today:

Trump’s V.P. Pageant Has an Unexpectedly Strong Contender: Tom Cotton
Donald Trump’s interest in the Arkansas senator reflects a desire to choose a running mate with experience and the ability to run a disciplined campaign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

NY Times headline today:

Trump’s V.P. Pageant Has an Unexpectedly Strong Contender: Tom Cotton
Donald Trump’s interest in the Arkansas senator reflects a desire to choose a running mate with experience and the ability to run a disciplined campaign.

Could be an interesting choice. Military veteran, served overseas, yet another graduate of what Bill Maher called the "A55hole factory " (Harvard). Still young, would absolutely make Biden's choice of blabbering word-salad spewer Kamala Harris look ridiculous.

Americans need to think of the reality that the VP choice this election is very very important. The odds are not great for Trump or especially Biden to survive the entire 4 years of their term. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 10:35 PM, Social Media said:

image.png

Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley has declared her intention to vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming November election. This announcement marks her first public statement since exiting the Republican presidential primary over two months ago. Haley, who served as the US ambassador to the United Nations under Trump, acknowledged that while Trump “has not been perfect” on several policies important to her, including foreign policy, immigration, and the economy, she believes President Joe Biden “has been a catastrophe.” She stated unequivocally, “So I will be voting for Trump.”

During a Q&A session following her speech at the conservative Hudson Institute in Washington, DC, where she currently holds the position of Walter P. Stern chair, Haley expressed no regrets about her primary bid. “We left it all on the field,” she said, thanking the primary voters who have continued to support her even after her departure from the race. She emphasized the importance for Trump to engage with these voters, stating, “Trump would be smart to reach out to the millions of people who voted for me and continue to support me, and not assume that they’re just going to be with him. And I genuinely hope he does that.”

Haley and Trump were previously engaged in a contentious primary feud. Haley had criticized Trump’s mental fitness and his disrespect towards the military, particularly after Trump mocked the absence of her deployed husband. Despite these sharp exchanges, Haley’s endorsement suggests a pragmatic decision in the face of a general election. In her Hudson Institute speech, Haley did not initially mention Trump but addressed him when questioned afterwards. She highlighted a rising “dangerous worldview” on both sides of the aisle, emphasizing the need to take such threats seriously.

Haley offered robust support for Israel’s war with Hamas and criticized President Biden for placing conditions on military aid to Israel. “Biden thinks he’s stopping a war,” she said. “In fact, he’s dragging out a war, emboldening terrorists, and making other wars more likely.” She also urged her fellow Republicans to support military aid for Ukraine and Israel, framing it as an investment in global stability.

Since leaving the race, Haley has spent time with her family, including her husband Michael, who recently returned from a year-long overseas deployment. Despite her withdrawal, Haley has continued to garner significant support in Republican primaries, highlighting a potential challenge for Trump to unify the party. Her strong performance in suburban areas of swing states indicates her continued influence.

Haley’s next steps remain uncertain. While she has not expressed interest in joining Trump’s ticket, some, like Republican Rep. Ralph Norman of South Carolina, believe she would be an excellent vice-presidential candidate. Norman noted Haley’s impressive primary performance and has pitched her potential candidacy to both Trump and Haley.  Trump has publicly stated that Haley “is not under consideration” for a running mate but wished her well. Haley has kept her distance, neither hostile nor seeking Trump’s approval. They have not spoken since her concession speech in March.

Credit: CNN 2024-05-24

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Hooraah. 

• Sad 1

On 5/24/2024 at 3:36 AM, Hanaguma said:

1. Abraham accords

2. Two dollar gas

3. 1.4% inflation

4. Record low unemployment for minorities

5. Partial fix on immigration

6. Stimulating lazy NATO members to pay their fair share for defence

7. No Russian invasion of Ukraine (unlike Obama or Biden)

8. Criminal justice reform

9. Funding of HBCU

But what else did the Romans do? 

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:21 AM, Hanaguma said:

What do I find offensive?

1. Funding the useless war in Ukraine. Money better spent on American veterans.

2. Infrastructure. Good idea but poorly executed and too tied with agenda driven and politically driven projects.

3. European allies? Stand with them but don't stand FOR them. They need to do more to defend themselves.

4. Tax the wealthy. Already taxed enough. The government has a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

5. Get kids out of poverty and support seniors. These have no meaning without any policy.

PLUS

1. Paying student loans. Rob the poor to pay the rich at its worst. 

2. Disaster of Afghanistan

3. Disastrous Middle East policy

4. Inflation and cost of living destroying ordinary Americans. 

5. Borderline treasonous immigration policy

I agree with 99.9% of what you said - but there is something about 'student loans' that I always wanted to ask someone about. In Australia we have student loans that must also be paid back, but it seems in USA that there is an interest rate charged against the loans.  I saw that one wqoman had paid back over $120K of her student loand of $80K, and still owed almost $70K. I dont agree with paying back the loans, but surely they should not be a profit making venture.

In Aust if you have a $100K debt you are forced to pay back a minimum percentage each year as soon as your income reaches a certain minimum level (taken out with taxes). The debt is permanent and it stays with you all your life until it is repaid - but there is no interest charged.  In Aust it was free until they started charging people fees - with a Govt provided student loan the alternative. Sure there are some freeloaders on the dole who never pay it back, but over 90% of people pay it back. It has removed those who would stay at Uni until they were in late 30s studying permanently, and it does mean people have to think before taking on the lifetime debt - it has made a huge difference. I assume it was started in USA as an option to give poorer people the option to get a degree - but surely it should not be a profit making venture with huge interest charges accruing year after year.  It reminds me of that home loans disaster started by Clinton that eventually lead to the GFC when the loans all suddenly collapsed - all caused because they were very profitable (on paper) and salespeople were paid big commissions to sell them.   

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I agree with 99.9% of what you said - but there is something about 'student loans' that I always wanted to ask someone about. In Australia we have student loans that must also be paid back, but it seems in USA that there is an interest rate charged against the loans.  I saw that one wqoman had paid back over $120K of her student loand of $80K, and still owed almost $70K. I dont agree with paying back the loans, but surely they should not be a profit making venture.

In Aust if you have a $100K debt you are forced to pay back a minimum percentage each year as soon as your income reaches a certain minimum level (taken out with taxes). The debt is permanent and it stays with you all your life until it is repaid - but there is no interest charged.  In Aust it was free until they started charging people fees - with a Govt provided student loan the alternative. Sure there are some freeloaders on the dole who never pay it back, but over 90% of people pay it back. It has removed those who would stay at Uni until they were in late 30s studying permanently, and it does mean people have to think before taking on the lifetime debt - it has made a huge difference. I assume it was started in USA as an option to give poorer people the option to get a degree - but surely it should not be a profit making venture with huge interest charges accruing year after year.  It reminds me of that home loans disaster started by Clinton that eventually lead to the GFC when the loans all suddenly collapsed - all caused because they were very profitable (on paper) and salespeople were paid big commissions to sell them.   

Not sure, but I think in the US there is a certain grace period where there is low or zero interest before the loan kicks in. But that may depend on whether the loan is through a private financial institution or a government entity.

Some people try to get by making minimal payments for years, which means they pay the accrued interest plus a small piece of the actual loan. But it is not a solution to expect banks and other private businesses to provide zero interest loans. They have to do business. And the students don&t have to borrow either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Trump being found  guilty in the dem run criminal trial in NY.

It will be interesting how she handles the msm sunday shows in defense of

of her choice!

I’d give her a cabinet position .

Methinks

• Confused 1

All the msm sunday shows will be buzzing.

Whats your response to Trumps conviction…?

Next question ,how can you support a convicted felon for POTUS, ms Hailey ?

Answer, He’s appealed the Dem led trial to the higher courts!I’m confident they will reverse the decisions of prosecutor's misconduct  & judge bias.

She’s probably already cued up just like all the other America First surrogates.

methinks

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

With Trump being found  guilty in the dem run criminal trial in NY.

It will be interesting how she handles the msm sunday shows in defense of

of her choice!

I’d give her a cabinet position .

Methinks

you mean the "dem run" trial in NYC where almost all the witnesses are republicans ?  or the "dem run" trials in DC or Georgia, or Florida, where again most of the evidence and witnessess will be republicans?  got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:23 AM, Hanaguma said:

Well, all they have to do is look at what the other side is offering: a slice of Biden, and a substantial chance of Harris taking over at some point. That is enough to make anyone think twice, especially when you also consider the policies that the two parties are supporting.

Get back to your Cult Duties 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2024 at 11:48 PM, candide said:

1. Sure . Peace without involving Palestinians and Iran. How did it work eventually! 😀

2. World prices. Nothing to do with Trump. Actually, oil prices increased under Trump pre-Covid. Not his fault, to be honest, that was because of the OPEC.

3. 1.4% during Covid only, for obvious reasons which also have nothing to do with Trump. Pre-Covid inflation was higher in the U.S. than in other developped countries, e.g. the EU.

Trump surfed on Obama's economic wave....

It was always Obama’s  Economy  

• Like 1