'E-cigarettes' may be classified as a drug

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The aim of this program is to shield students from various potential social risks around the time they leave and return home.

What does this mean - various potential social risks!?

Maybe blindfolding the kids on the school bus?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Puccini said:

Someone should tell this permanent secretary of the Ministry of Education that it is the Ministry of Public Health that has the authority and the duty to categorise drugs (medicines)

These idiots does not understand their portfolio and where are the "lines" between Health and Education ministry...it's a joke.🤣 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Slocum said:

What a heap of idiotic Scum idea...if you do that, than cigarettes are under same classification.... what's the difference ?   It all boil down to revenue in come.....They just do not know how to Tax on E-Cigi...afraid to loose heavy taxes on Cigi...Run out of ideas how to make excuses, So make wild elegation to avoid losses...blame it on others..just like the Big mouth Trump...when COVID started, death escalated in states...that fat "pig"  openly suggested blame it on E- cigarette....How "Low is Low" with these Scums.   If you understand the facts..It's clear..

And breathe, deeply, in and out, in and out. There, isn't that better?

Don't like the things (or more specifically their fumes) much, I like cigarette smoke even less. I understand that the jury is out on whether they are harmful to your health. I don't think banning them will have the slightest effect, apart perhaps from enticing the police out of their air-conditioned offices to raise some cash, but there again, it's been very hot recently and it is now due to start raining a lot...

And yes, I am sure that the loss of revenue from tobacco sales and taxation plays a major part in these proposals.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

How ridiculous.

Are tobacco products, which are more dangerous, classed as drugs?  I think not.

I think it's called greed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Please let the cigarette companies first decide where they are losing the most money before coming up with a final policy on e cigs.  We have to make sure the Thai cig makers get their money and of course the politicians they pay off.  Only then will a good e cig policy be made.  Maybe just figure out how to give them a cut, then the kids can smoke e cigs all they want.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Slocum said:

What a heap of idiotic Scum idea...if you do that, than cigarettes are under same classification.... what's the difference ?   It all boil down to revenue in come.....They just do not know how to Tax on E-Cigi...afraid to loose heavy taxes on Cigi...Run out of ideas how to make excuses, So make wild elegation to avoid losses...blame it on others..just like the Big mouth Trump...when COVID started, death escalated in states...that fat "pig"  openly suggested blame it on E- cigarette....How "Low is Low" with these Scums.   If you understand the facts..It's clear..

Nonsense. Do you really think there is NO difference between using e-cigarettes and "normal" ones??? Oh dear 😵‍💫

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Slocum said:

These idiots does not understand their portfolio and where are the "lines" between Health and Education ministry...it's a joke.🤣 

Or YOU are the joke 😂

• Sad 1

Ahem.... Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine are all "unclassified" psychoactive DRUGS!

Caffeine C8H10N4O2

Ethanol C2H6O

Nicotine  C10H14N2

So do they plan on classifying all of these DRUGS and all of the products containing them?  Why not cigarettes? (because of Big Tobacco and big bucks)

Do you know the difference between vaping and smoking? One is burnt, the other vaporized. One is smoke and the other water vapor. One has carcinogens and the other doesn't. One stinks terribly and clings to clothing, hair and anything else it comes into contact with., the other smells pleasant. One is filthy and produces trash, cigarette butts and ash, the other does not. One can be adjusted to taper off of the nicotine addiction the other you can't.

So do you really want all the youths who are already hooked on nicotine to be forced into, and have no choice but to, smoking cigarettes???   It's a no brainer! (not sure if they have or use one)How imbecilic can you get?  Please, save these kids, not kill them.

Caffeine C8H10N4O2

Ethanol C2H6O

Nicotine  C10H14N2

So do they plan on classifying all of these DRUGS and all of the products containing them?  Why not cigarettes? (because of Big Tobacco and big bucks)

Do you know the difference between vaping and smoking? One is burnt, the other vaporized. One is smoke and the other water vapor. One has carcinogens and the other doesn't. One stinks terribly and clings to clothing, hair and anything else it comes into contact with., the other smells pleasant. One is filthy and produces trash, cigarette butts and ash, the other does not. One can be adjusted to taper off of the nicotine addiction the other you can't.

So do you really want all the youths who are already hooked on nicotine to be forced into, and have no choice but to, smoking cigarettes???   It's a no brainer! (not sure if they have or use one)How imbecilic can you get?  Please, save these kids, not kill them.

Caffeine C8H10N4O2

Ethanol C2H6O

Nicotine  C10H14N2

3 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

They are referring to students on school property.  

I don't think so....Thailand has has zero tolerance for e-cigarettes as we have read before on tourists

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Ignorant vapers who just blow the huge waft of vape smoke into the air without a thought of those around them is disgusting. 

The smoke that they emit is much more than a regular cigarette. 

Rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I don't think so....Thailand has has zero tolerance for e-cigarettes as we have read before on tourists

Nope. They have 99% tolerance nowadays. I vape regularly while I'm out and about, even on Suk and Silom areas; no one cares now

I flew to Phnom Penh last week and had vapes / pods in my carry on for all to see on the way out. In Cambodia (where they've banned it twice) I easily picked up a couple of disposables on the first day. Brought one back a few days later and was walking around BKK, puffing away (in the smoking area)

Just got to be careful about the 100ml limit if transporting juices 🙂

What next, will we have Thaksin's pet paramilitary cops shooting dead weed shop owners and people vaping in his new war against anybody having a bit of fun?

They have been a boon for me and millions of others hardened smokers. I am healthier, fitter, and stronger and have been for years now.  My lungs feel are clear as a bell.

I dare say some of the reported bad news stories about youngsters are true. Kids will admit to vaping, but that's only half the story imo.

• Like 1

Just tax them the same as cigarette tobacco,  after all isn't that the real reason e cigs are banned here , loss of tax revenue from tobacco rather than any attempt at preventing illness and disease ( more medical revenues too if tobacco is the available

choice).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Nope. They have 99% tolerance nowadays. I vape regularly while I'm out and about, even on Suk and Silom areas; no one cares now

I flew to Phnom Penh last week and had vapes / pods in my carry on for all to see on the way out. In Cambodia (where they've banned it twice) I easily picked up a couple of disposables on the first day. Brought one back a few days later and was walking around BKK, puffing away (in the smoking area)

Just got to be careful about the 100ml limit if transporting juices 🙂

you can vape but it is forbidden, as we could read some months ago... Even shops are being closed for selling .... But indeed they tolerate it and i see a lot of teachers, police  offers, and military vape too.. How can they forbid something that is already normal in the society???  Same They never can forbid cannabis anymore...

Yes please. Ban those cancer sticks. More importantly ban second-hand vapor - I'm sick and tired of breathing other people's crap even in rooms designated as non-smoking. Allergic to that **** and idiots think it's candy and blow it right in your face.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2