Israel's Postwar Gaza Dilemma: Navigating Complex Choices

59 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The IDF took him to hospital . 

Most other armies in the World would have killed him, him being an enemy combatant firing at the IDF

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians  : *Israelis are inhumane , they took  a wounded terrorist to hospital* 

Also Palestinians 

Defending the undefendable with atrocities from Hamas.

The IDF went past at least 2 ambulances and of course the IDF would take him to hospital if there was a shred of evidence he was in anyway connected with an attack on them, I think not. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

. An IDF statement said the man was wounded in an exchange of fire during the raid, in which he was a suspect.

10 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

if there was a shred of evidence he was in anyway connected with an attack on them, I think not. 

The link that you provided stated he was involved in a firefight with the IDF

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Defending the undefendable with atrocities from Hamas.

The IDF went past at least 2 ambulances and of course the IDF would take him to hospital if there was a shred of evidence he was in anyway connected with an attack on them, I think not. 

The Israelis took him away, as a wounded prisoner of war. There is no requirement, under the laws of armed conflict, that wounded enemy combatants should be handed over to the civilian medical services in the place they were captured.

He was subsequently given medical treatment, and then, no doubt, as a captured fighter from Hamas, processed.

They did not parade his partially stripped, raped dead body through Israeli cities so that their civilian populations could spit on, grope and further abuse him.

I think that last is a reasonable comment actually!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Defending the undefendable with atrocities from Hamas

The whole point of this war is that it stems directly from the savage inhuman barbaric attacks carried out by Hamas last October. 

It is a brutal affair, inevitably so in the light of what Hamas did. On October 7th, and subsequently, they have broken and flouted just about every convention in the laws of armed conflict, as witnessed by that photograph; laws to which Israel is adhering, rules which are very specific about how civilians, and particularly women and children should be treated, and how wounded prisoners should be treated. They (Hamas and those that harbour and shield them) are paying the price, for ignoring and deliberately breaking those rules, and you and others of your ilk are bleating about that price.

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Freedom comes at a price. 

Do you know how  Gazans have been living the last years? 

A clue blockade, occupation, discrimination. 

They sort of lost my sympathy for what happened in the past.  Call me unusual but i can't find a way to forgive or forget that they en masse, raped women, cut their breasts off and for the cherry on the top, killed the women before the husband. Their tactics were so gruesome and despicable that they have placed themselves on the total extermination list. 

When you take such actions you completely change the rules of engagement. Gaza has no future if Hamas remains. Once they are wiped off the face of the earth and the only remnant left of them are memorials that tell the story of their war crimes Gaza can be redeveloped and has promise. If it weren't for the hostages israel wouldn't even care about going in they would just leave them to starve. 

• Agree 1

On 6/23/2024 at 10:07 AM, Jeff the Chef said:

Israel has 2 choices, either negotiate with the Palestinians a permanent ceasefire, move back to the 67 borders and a 2 state solution, or a forever terrorist war.

Based on past choices, welcome to the forever war.

IMO the side that wins is the one that breeds the most warriors.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

If it weren't for the hostages israel wouldn't even care about going in they would just leave them to starve. 

While I can believe that israel would do that, I can't see the rest of the world ( outside America and Europe ) accepting allowing 2 million people to starve to death. Even the UN veto won't save them is they did that.

• Like 1

And still nobody talk about the prophecies, like they do not exists and still is important to the jews around the world, and how this religious prophecy influence their support from Christian countries, and the will for continued land grab and stealing. Isreal claims their existence is threatened, but why ? Nobody see the connection? There is no future for Palestinians inside the Promised Land. 

land now known as Israel belongs to Jews in fulfilment of God's covenant with Abraham to give the Jewish people a Promised Land. This has often led to conflict both within and outside the religion.Today, many Jews believe that the land now known as Israel belongs to Jews in fulfilment of God's covenant with Abraham to give the Jewish people a Promised Land. This has often led to conflict both within and outside the religion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zf3yb82/revision/6

• Like 1

But what US officials don’t care to admit is that Israel is not thinking about an end to the military phase, and a beginning of a civilian reconstruction plan, argues Nathan Brown, professor of international relations and political science at George Washington University.

Brown tells host Steve Clemons that Israel has purposely designed the carnage in Gaza to be a “forever war” – not as something that will ever be resolved, especially with a “blank cheque” from the US.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/6/23/what-if-israels-plan-was-no-day-after-for-gaza-all-along

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

not as something that will ever be resolved, especially with a “blank cheque” from the US.

IMO not only is Biden colluding with israel in their crimes, but he is enabling them, by protecting israel in the UN, and supplying the means to carry them out.

I see some possible reasons for israel's "forever war" to end:

a/ Hezbollah/ Iran/ Syria defeat israel militarily.

b/ Biden is forced by impending defeat in the election to compel netanyahu to agree to a ceasefire.

c/ the rest of the world forces America/ EU to stop covering for israel.