Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

10 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Also in Daily Mail for the pedantic. Much better source than the Pattaya Mail articles written by a soi 6 bar owner who's part of the nightwish group that employs the security thugs.... (or anything from Reddit where you got your info)

Bryan writes articles for Pattaya Mail ?.

Interesting, he owns a competing news publication so that makes no sense.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Who's Bryan? Adam Judd wrote the articles in the Pattaya News. He owns sex & the city on soi 6 which is part of the Nightwish group that employs the security. His bar has same security as helicopter Bar where this happened (so his articles are probably less credible than reddit?)

I could be wrong but...I don't think Adam owns any NW bars.  He managed Sexy In The City at one time, before working for the news.  Bryan Flowers is an owner, one of the top guys, I think, in the NW bar group.

23 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

I could be wrong but...I don't think Adam owns any NW bars.  He managed Sexy In The City at one time, before working for the news.  Bryan Flowers is an owner, one of the top guys, I think, in the NW bar group.

Correct..Judd is part of the Pattaya News only. Flowers is NWG and the News.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Also in Daily Mail for the pedantic. Much better source than the Pattaya Mail articles written by a soi 6 bar owner who's part of the nightwish group that employs the security thugs.... (or anything from Reddit where you got your info)

@Pattaya57 Your information is very misleading. Suggest you research before posting rubbish. Pattaya Mail has nothing to do with Soi 6. The Pattaya News is partly owned by an ex S6 NWG bar Manager.

Yes many of the so-called security (sic) guys are employed by NWG, but also tend to other bars also.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, thainet said:

Correct..Judd is part of the Pattaya News only. Flowers is NWG and the News.

Ok, Pattaya Mail was a typo as throughout I was talking about Pattaya News . So last time I saw Adam Judd we had a beer in Sex & the city which he owned/managed. So he doesn't work there anymore?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Ok, so last time I saw Adam Judd we had a beer in Sex & the city which he owned/managed. So he doesn't work there anymore?

I don't think he has worked there, in some time.  And I don't think he ever owned it.  In fact, most of the guys working as managers on soi 6 don't have enough money to own anything...that's why they are relatively young guys working that job.

I am sure he does have beers there, sometimes, though...

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Ok, Pattaya Mail was a typo as throughout I was talking about Pattaya News . So last time I saw Adam Judd we had a beer in Sex & the city which he owned/managed. So he doesn't work there anymore?

He Managed the bar, not owned. Moved to the News at least 5 years ago, probably more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I watched the video from inside the bar, can't post a link since we are no allowed to. Clearly the bouncers started that fight, and the barmaid did not have a bloody nose unless they changed the barmaid. The police have not charged the bouncers just gave them a warning nothing else.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The tourists apparently tried running a scam at the bar.
3 guys each had their own "bin". 1 guy's bin was 2,800 baht.

The other two guys paid their (smaller) bins, then one of them and the guy with the large bill left the bar.

That left the guy in the white shirt who waited a bit and then tried to leave as well.

Staff stopped him because his friend hadn't paid. That is when an argument broke out because "white shirt" was going on about having paid his bill (which he had as a part of the scam).

The cashier called for Security and when they showed  up the other guy suddenly agreed to pay his bill. The cashier thought that would be the end of it but apparently "white shirt" for some reason decided to shove one of the security guys.

(In her words he "rushed to push him" so I'm guessing she meant "shoved him".)

And that's when the fight started.

Apparently there is CCTV footage of the whole incident in the bar showing what happened before it went out into the street and the police have a copy of that.

People have been trying to scam their way out of paying their bar bills for years.
Couple guys go to a bar, run up a tab then one of them leaves.
Couple minutes later the other guy "suddenly gets an important call", stands up, walks around and tries to "wander off" while pretending he's distracted by the phone call.

This has happened a couple times on Walking Street in the not so distant past. Guy in a go-go, runs up a tab, suddenly gets a call and tries to "step outside to take the call" and then "forget" which bar he'd been drinking in.

Which often leads to "security" reminding him and him ending up on the front page.

I've watched people try those scams. 2 Indians in my buddy's beer bar tried the "one guy leaves then the other guy gets a phone call" routine but the girls stopped him before he could get to the street.

In another friends go-go bar. Guy runs up a tab and "gets a phone call" and tries to go outside to talk, pointing out that he'd left his cigarettes and lighter on the table.
The cigarette pack was empty and the lighter was dead of course.

They all think they've come up with the perfect scam to stiff a bar out of a bill they've run up but they don't realize the girls/cashiers/mamasan/managers are watching them like hawks.

And they've all seen people try those same scams over and over again.

Like the guys trying the "I'll just go grab some money from the ATM and be right back to pay my bill" scam.

Which is why the bars usually send a staffer with them so they don't (conveniently) forget which bar they'd run up a tab in.

The actions by the guards was excessive, even if "white shirt" initiated the physical part by shoving the security guy.

And kicking him in the head when he was down and out on the ground is just plain criminal.

The police should be looking at training, testing and registering anyone that works as Security. Weed out the psychos, addicts and criminals.

Oh right, I forgot where we are.

20 years ago I'd run up bar bills of 12-18,000 baht in a night. Once in a blue moon I'd be short on cash and ask the momasan where the nearest ATM was and she'd send a service girl with me. I knew why she was there. No big deal.

Normally, if I saw I was getting close to not having enough money - I'd simply pay my bill then and there and then go find an ATM machine on my own. 

31 years of coming here/living here and never had a problem in any bar or go-go club.

Funny how that works eh ?

Best post the day IMO 

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/BrFDsAVZSZZQLGyZ/?mibextid=oFDknk

The guy is not dead.

Look at them walking away  after the fight.

Everyone can now go back to their normal lives.

Pay your bill and go see Tourist Police if you have an issue.

Checks out, actually. The guy's grey t-shirt is torn on the video, so it is presumably after the incident indeed. Also, reading the Sun article, it does say "There are rumours that he is in intensive care but we haven't heard anything from hospitals."

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChumpChange said:

That video footage was likely captured before his head was used as a football and not after.

Gary shirt guy also got his shirt torn in the fight. Shirt isn't torn in the CCTV footage.

The footage was likely captured either earlier the same day or on a previous day. Police already said the white shirt guy is likely in ICU. 

Yes it is, look at the final seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No concern for the customers welfare though , they just see it as a way to get an extra customer for themselves 

We disagree.......as we are entitled to do.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Checks out, actually. The guy's grey t-shirt is torn on the video, so it is presumably after the incident indeed. Also, reading the Sun article, it does say "There are rumours that he is in intensive care but we haven't heard anything from hospitals."

No, the torn shirt guy in the video is a taller guy in a black polo, not the gray shirt guy in the bar fight. Black polo guy was probably the 3rd guy who left without paying his bill. He wasn't in the fight. He isn't in any of the bar fight footage. Looks like maybe he's just pulled his shirt up a bit around his stomach while crossing the street. Probably not torn. 

Edited by ChumpChange
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, QuantumQuandry said:

Video looks legit to me.  That said, I am realllly shocked that guy walked away after getting football kicked in the head.  I don't blame anyone for thinking he might be dead or brain-dead.

Are we looking at the same video?

No, the torn shirt guy in the video is a taller guy in a black polo. He was probably the 3rd guy who left without paying his bill. He wasn't in the fight. He isn't in any of the bar fight footage. Looks like maybe he's just pulled his shirt up a bit around his stomach while crossing the street. Probably not torn. 

I am talking about the guy in the grey t-shirt. Look at him at 0:10, just before he disappears.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Think about it. If the guy was alright, police wouldn't say he can't be located in hospital and is probably in ICU. Police would want everyone to know he's OK. Not too many hospitals in Pattaya and bar staff would know which hospital he was sent to. It wouldn't be a mystery where he is. What about the morgue?

Well actually when you think about it, there would have been an ambulance and people would know where it was headed. Probably Pattaya Memorial Hospital as it is the closest to Soi 6. In any case it would be very easy to know in which hospital he was, Pattaya is small.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Well actually when you think about it, there would have been an ambulance and people would know where it was headed. Probably Pattaya Memorial Hospital as it is the closest to Soi 6. In any case it would be very easy to know in which hospital he was, Pattaya is small.

Exactly, but look at what the police were quoted as saying in the Daily Mail. It's totally sus bruh:

'Yes, we're still checking CCTV to see what happened to them. There are rumours that he is in intensive care but we haven't heard anything from hospitals.'

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The guys were badly hurt. They didn't just wander off a few minutes later and disappear without a trace. They either went to a hospital or the morgue. Then seen a couple hours later looking jolly and crossing a road? And police don't know where they are? Really? 

We actually don't know how hurt they were. Even the guy who delivered the "penalty kick", despite the dramatic run, could have refrained at the last second and hit a non-lethal area such as the jaw…

Update: Pattaya Police Release CCTV, Give Update on Health of Foreign Tourist Involved in Viral Brawl with Security Guards on Soi Six

Despite what Pattaya police call heavy false online rumors and gossip, Pattaya police have announced that an unidentified foreigner involved in a viral brawl with Soi 6 guards over the past weekend was NOT, according to the police, seriously injured, in a coma, or deceased and have released what they say is city CCTV footage of the group walking back to a hotel after the incident.

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/05/27/update-pattaya-police-release-cctv-give-update-on-health-of-foreign-tourist-involved-in-viral-brawl-with-security-guards-on-soi-six/

• Confused 1