Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

This comes from having no fathers in the household, who are the ones who teach boys respect for others, and not to kick people when they're down, because it makes you look like a coward who doesn't want to fight fair. This will someday happen to someone who knows how to defend themself, and the locals will suffer a beat down that will make news. Only problem with that is that then the foreigner will look like the bad guy, even if he didn't start the fight.

I would say It's more the other way.  Their fathers have taught them that.  Kick a falang when they're down.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, James105 said:

I can't quite understand the point that the police made that they need the guy who took a penalty kick to his head to need to make a complaint before they will "investigate".  The guy could well be dead by now and be incapable of making a complaint.  There are literally hundreds of witnesses.  There is multi-angled high definition camera footage of it happening available online.  This is nothing short of attempted murder.   Do they need murder victims to make a complaint before investigating as it is usually quite difficult for victims of murder to pop into a police station and fill out a form?  

Unless it is a homicide ( dead body turned up) or serious crime against the public, police cases need a complainant to file a complaint.  Complainant details need to be entered into the system before a case can be filed. Without the existence of a case, the investigating officer IO cannot be appointed so the ‘case’ go nowhere. 

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

One of those guards alleged he was punched by one of the Brits which caused a wound requiring six stitches.. It must have been a body punch because I don't see any medical dressing on any of their faces.

He's bleeding in the still photo

Its highly unlikely to happen but some sort of code of conduct for both bars, their staff and security could be beneficial for tourism.

I was on 6 recently with a crowd of ten bar hopping, no problems at all. Difference potentially was just a heads up for the new guys, keep an eye on your bills, ask how much everything costs, clear your bills regularly, if you feel your being scammed, remain calm, pay your bill and move on. Most issues tend to be communication ones.  They should put that guide on big signs on soi 6 in my view.

Drunk people are idiots at times and some are downright unstable, bars know this their staff and security should to and be trained in how to guide these customers accordingly. 

Some bars and staff may choose to see this idiot element as cannon fodder then get in their face and aggressive when misunderstandings happen like its an actual surprise when its clear that's exactly what's going to happen.

In no way am I defending the customer but the bars, their staff and the security are supposed to be the professionals and perhaps harsher punishment of all three could make a difference before someone does get killed. 

There are many bars on that soi that do seem to get this and are safe fun places to go, would be good if the others could all get on board but its a shame that punishment may be the only incentive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Again you're assuming you know a thing about me. You don't. I don't go by opinions but facts, which are more reliable. I see with my own eyes what I heard abut for many years before I moved here, and I listen to everyone when they talk about a subject that interests me.

Many here have their heads in the sand and are brown nosers, actually thinking anyone actually cares about them here besides those that can gain somehow.

The reasons I'm moving back to the US are because I cannot enjoy my hobbies here, as some aren't allowed, and those that are are hindered by greed and a lack of conservation, meaning hunting and fishing. I'm also leaving because women here are looked at as inferior, as in all Buddhist countries, and this isn't what I want for my daughter. She will do much better living in a country where she is appreciated more for her intellect than her body, and can have a job that pays her more an hour than most get here in a day.

It is one of the most dangerous places to drive on earth, and it won't change much if at all in our lifetimes. This is a third world country in many ways, wifi, power, road conditions, pollution, dirty air, corrupt officials involved in trafficking busted almost weekly, people who kill animals for no reason but being hateful, those that treat children as objects to show off in selfies then forget once they go to school. People ganging up on others five against one, armed with weapons and killing for little more than a few baht, as life isn't as precious here as it is back home. The schools are among the worst on earth, this being another reason I want my daughter back home. I'm hardly the only one here that knows what goes on, but it does seem many are blind to it, although just looking at the daily news will give you a glance at what happens daily. I'm as far from ignorant as you are from having a clue to what reality here actually is. If you think otherwise, it's you that has a problem between your ears, or are just another brown noser who thinks anyone cares if you stick up for them.

I agree with much of what you say but     "She will do much better living in a country where she is appreciated more for her intellect than her body, "      Iceland?

1 hour ago, Chwooly said:

This right here should be enough for an aggravated assault charge if not attempted murder. Saying they need a complaint is bull<deleted>. If I kill someone and no one sees it why can I be charged with murder if there is no one to complain. 555

They need a dead body to kick off the investigation…. If no complainant.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, paulikens said:

I would say It's more the other way.  Their fathers have taught them that.  Kick a falang when they're down.  

True also, as abuse is a learned behavior, usually started at home. Hitting children here seems to be the norm, and using sticks along with it, so they grow up thinking this abusive behavior is normal. It also goes for the way domestic animals are treated here. For the most part though, absent fathers means boys learn from more of the same, how to treat others, especially women. They aren't taught respect for life, as it has a lot less meaning here than in western countries. This doesn't mean all locals behave this way, because they don't, but a culture that demeans women, like much of Islamic countries, is still years behind what normal thinking means.

5 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I agree with much of what you say but     "She will do much better living in a country where she is appreciated more for her intellect than her body, "      Iceland?

Most other non Asian or African countries

5 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Are  you a clown or woefully ignorant on the effect of a kick to the head?

He either hasn't noticed the picture where the suspect is winding up ready to kick the man in the head, or he's a very disturbed individual that looks at foreigners as targets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ctkong said:

Unless it is a homicide ( dead body turned up) or serious crime against the public, police cases need a complainant to file a complaint.  Complainant details need to be entered into the system before a case can be filed. Without the existence of a case, the investigating officer IO cannot be appointed so the ‘case’ go nowhere. 

Although in theory that's right.    Surely if i go down the road punching everybody in front of the police they will arrest me and  no doubt charge me whether the victims have made a complaint or not?   

3 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Fair enuff. Differing perceptions of Thais by different individuals, but "thousands of others" out of tens of millions is hardly a broad stroke, blanket generalization. I've been here happily too and longer than 24 but disagree agree it's "incorrect", as it's what I perceive behind those insincere male smiles. Lots of hang-ups, angst and anger tick, tick ticking...just waiting to💣

Again it depends upon your psyche, place of habitation, community, workplace. There are all types of Thai people and different social status…. Foreigners ( whites) in my mooban live just fine with no discrimination that I can see. Everybody smile and polite in greetings during their daily runs and cars giving way graciously…. Been living in this village for 10 years. 

Why is this particular incident getting so much publicity?  Thuggish bouncers attacking drunken boorish customers has been a fact of life in Pattaya and other resorts for decades.  Reminds me of Bolton on a Saturday night.

4 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

No criminal charges are being sought as per this article. Instead they will face some kind of business law. What a shame when so many attacked a couple and continuously beat them to a pulp and then while down kicking them with a running kick to the head. There should be criminal charges for this and they should have been arrested and behind bars for that assault. When many Thais beat down foreigners this way and justice is not given, it makes the foreigners even more afraid for when it happens next time. On the other side. If a gang of foreigners attacked a couple Thai this way they would be in jail facing serious criminal charges and ban to Thailand after they are released from jail. There Thai are dangerous and have shown their colours to the world. I really hope social media gets outraged that they only face some action for business laws. 

Given the brawl is in a red light night club area of infamous adult playground of pattaya , the louts would not gain much sympathy from the masses. Most probably brush it off as a brawl among hooligans imported from UK. The enforcers ? Oh, they are just doing their job ….putting the hooligans in their places. Some people may even think it serve them right for being obnoxious on their night out. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ronster said:
6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which guy, and what makes you think that he's in a coma?

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/VfhUDADyuZrmdBZv/?mibextid=oFDknk

Was reported yesterday in the UK press that one was in a coma .

Well, it was reported as a rumour, no one has confirmed where he is or his condition and the police have received no complaints from any of the three Britons who were involved.   

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

This is a third world country

This is a third world World.

You know this is what you meant.

Rather than suffering in Thailand, why not enjoy Ethiopia?

At least, you'll never run out of salt.

• Confused 2

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

This is a third world World.

You know this is what you meant.

Rather than suffering in Thailand, why not enjoy Ethiopia?

At least, you'll never run out of salt.

No, living in the US has nowhere near the problems encountered here. Many years behind the US in many ways. Yes, if you live near the beach areas, and love that, living there might be okay, especially if you rent and date. Living in the country is about as boring as life can be, unless you're okay with watching the grass grow or drinking to pass the time.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pay your bills and be respectfull, dont be aggressive and you wont encounter this sort of trouble. Was it excessive, yes but most 3rd world countries are the same.

Rare incidences like this actually do create a better safe place in the long run. As tourists see this and think twice about being an a hole whilst there and tbh it seems to work, as the only other incidence it's compared to is the family in hua hin which was like 8 years ago.

Edited by ed strong

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The smiles are not fake, there are 13 smiles and they all have names, research them. 

I did research them. The "bad guy" smile is probably the one I get the most. 

https://www.thethailandlife.com/whats-behind-a-thai-smile

5. Yim chuead chuean / ยิ้มเชือดเฉือน

Similar to Yim mer lessanai, but more the “Mwhahaha” bad guy smile, this would be used by a person who has gotten the upper hand over someone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Pretty picture.

The reason for posting ?

If you don't know, you're too far gone to try and explain it to you. But, look back at where it originated and your replies, and you might understand why others are looking at you with disdain.

• Confused 1