Double eyelid plastic surgery - has anyone heard of Inz Clinic? How about others?

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm looking to get double eye lid surgery done and have been researching clinics in South Korea. However, it seems that most of the clinics there do tapered creases, with minimal epicanthoplasty (e.g. more on the conservative side).

From my basic research, southeast Asian countries tend to do more parallel creases with more dramatic epicanthoplasty results. I have a more prominent nose bridge and brow ridge than most Koreans, so this type of surgery would fit my face better.

There's not too much information or forum discussions regarding double eyelid surgery reviews of clinics in Thailand, but some of the names that come up in searches are Bumrungrad International Hospital, Yanhee International Hospital (Dr. Greechart - but it doesn't seem like he's there anymore?), Bangkok Plastic Surgery Clinic (Dr. Pichet), and Inz Clinic.

I checked out all of their websites. The first 3 sites are unremarkable and either don't have dedicated sections for plastic surgery or don't go into much detail, with no sample photos.

However, I've been impressed with the Inz Clinic website and IG pages; some of the results in the before/after pics are what I'm looking for. And they have a 4.9 star Google rating. They also seem to only do cosmetic surgeries focused around the eyes, so that's a bonus.

https://inz-clinic.com/en/

https://www.instagram.com/inzclinic

Has anyone used them before, or know of anyone who did? If not, do you have specific recommendations of other places that do this type of double eyelid surgery? Since I'm in New York, I won't be able to run around visiting 20 clinics to find what I feel is the best choice, after I arrive lol. I need to lock down my doctor and clinic before I leave for Thailand, and either looking at websites with great sample photos and/or going with solid recommendations, are the only things I can go by and will help me to arrive at a decision.

Thanks!

Edited by paul580

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

All of the doctors listed at INZ are opthalmoligists. One has a sub-specialty in oculoplastics.

You really want a plastic surgeon for this.

Dr. Greechart now has his own clinic/small hospital. 

https://www.miladahospital.com/home-eng.html

Make sure to have this done under local, not general, anesthetic unless fone in large hospital.

This is helpful, thanks!

Regarding Inz, yea I noticed that too about their titles. It's a shame since their results shown in their pics look so good and is exactly what I'm looking for, but I guess it's possible they just don't post the not so good ones.

Is Dr. Greechart highly recommended around here, and one of the go-to doctors for eyelids and general PS? And do you happen to know if he speaks English and if he does virtual consultations? Of course, if I do decide to go with him, I would do an official in-person consultation before the actual surgery, but just want to see first if we're on the same page, before I commit to booking the expensive flight and accommodations lol. I guess I can show him some of the pics I found to see if those results are do-able for him in my case.

Also, do you know of other reputable doctors/clinics in Bangkok or nearby?

Yes, agree on the anesthetics. I prefer not to do general, unless absolutely necessary. Local/twilight should be more than enough for this procedure.

TY!

Dr. Greechart is an excellent plastic surgeon.

He trained in Canada and his English is excellent. But his staff may not speak much.

I don't know if he does virtual condultations or not.

Yanhee is usually a good bet. They will provide virtual consultation at no charge  form is in their website. 

• Love It 1

Thanks for your recommendation, he is definitely at the top of my short list.

I've been searching this forum and saw threads going back like 15+ years, not sure how relevant they are today. Trying to add to my short list to open up my options a little, in case Dr. Greechart either can't be reached or he doesn't like my case, etc.

Dr. Amorn Poomee seems to be another good eyelid surgeon. However, looking at his certifications/educational background and doing some math, it seems like he's in his 70s? He obviously has a boatload of experience, but I wonder if someone at that age still has steady hands and good hand-eye coordination. Would be a shame to make some cutting mistakes while I'm on the table lol. Or, this could mean he delegates the procedures to his other staff more often possibly, I'm not sure.

And lastly - is it typically normal for people to be able to get consultations with a plastic surgeon in Bangkok on the same day (or the next day)? Here in the US, you could be waiting a month or more, just to get a consultation date. I'm assuming you can get consultation appointments much quicker than in the US, since Thailand is known for medical tourism and people are on a tight timetable before they have to leave the country. Just trying to see if getting one within a couple of days is realistic. Also, when you do a consultation, and you decide to do the procedure, can they operate within a day or two, typically? If true, then maybe I won't be under as much pressure, trying to coordinate and reconcile appointment dates and procedure dates ahead of time. And also, if I were to find another doc or two at the last minute while I'm there, then consulting with them would also be a viable option if there is hardly any wait. I would just need to add in a few more days to my holiday as an extra cushion.

2 hours ago, paul580 said:

- is it typically normal for people to be able to get consultations with a plastic surgeon in Bangkok on the same day (or the next day)? Here in the US, you could be waiting a month or more, just to get a consultation date. I'm assuming you can get consultation appointments much quicker than in the US, since Thailand is known for medical tourism and people are on a tight timetable before they have to leave the country. Just trying to see if getting one within a couple of days is realistic. Also, when you do a consultation, and you decide to do the procedure, can they operate within a day or two, typically? If true, then maybe I won't be under as much pressure, trying to coordinate and reconcile appointment dates and procedure dates ahead of time. And also, if I were to find another doc or two at the last minute while I'm there, then consulting with them would also be a viable option if there is hardly any wait. I would just need to add in a few more days to my holiday as an extra cushion.

It depends on the doctor's schedule, some only have hours 1-2 times a week, some daily.

It won't be a month long wait but it could be up to a week, it all depends. i would suggest to set up appointments in advance.

Surgery can usually be done pretty soon  although a day or two is pushing it - you will need some pre-op labs for example.  But good chance to get the surgery within a week of the consutlation.