Big Thailand visa changes from June 1

Five year for Muay thai, nomads and tourists, must be lost in translation, maybe a mix up in information

Why would they only reduce health insurance for retirees and ooffer 5 year visas to Muay thai and nomads

Maybe they mean those new BOI Eec high earning professionals get 5 yeat

and they just extend tourist visas from 60 to 180 days?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Nothing for the majority on extensions of stay for retirement/marriage originating from an O visa ….. boo !

Those holding OA visas and presumably extensions of permission to stay see their mandatory health insurance dropping from 3M baht coverage to 440k.

It just looks to be extending visas from 60-180 days, no way they mean 5 year for Muay thai and nomads, nomads have a 5 year on LTR, it has to be bad translation

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, isandrew said:

I believe they mean the visa is valid for 5 years but when you come and use it you get 180 days and can extend 1 time for 180 days 

Could be bad translation, grouping together information on 5 year and 180 days, when it looks to be quite different information, it seems excessive to use a 5 year visa and only use it for 360 days

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, UK Martin said:

So, as a UK citizen it looks like we will get 60 days on arrival... then have the option to extend for a further 30 days for 1,800bht.

This will make my current situation a lot easier, good news for a change!  

correct me if wrong but you can now extend for 60 days ?, not sure

Edited by smedly
  • Agree 2

Wondering what happens to expat insurance policies now since they've backfipped on O-A insurance and went back to 440k. I'm on a non-O and fishing for insurance and most of the good policies were for 3 million baht like the O-A....might wait a month to see what happens

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Sounds like they want the tax money. So can we just say we’re digital nomads. Someone explain to me why a digital nomad is going to get 180 days while a married expat has to jump through all kinds of hoops and report every90

Because so many ”married expats” appear to be skels?

Who were allowed into Thailand  without police checks and are likely to re-offend?

• Confused 7
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Nothing for the majority on extensions of stay for retirement/marriage originating from an O visa ….. boo !

Those holding OA visas and presumably extensions of permission to stay see their mandatory health insurance dropping from 3M baht coverage to 440k.

Not how I read it Andrew.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In other visa-related changes, tourists aged 50 years and above seeking long-stay visas are now only required to have health insurance coverage of 440,000 baht, down from the previous 3 million baht. This reduction will be effective for long-stay applicants from September to December, according to Mr Chai.

That reads there will be a temporary relaxation of the required mandatory Insurance, from Sept - Dec, for applicants of the Non O-A visa.
Extensions from an O-A visa are not affected.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

Not how I read it Andrew.

That reads there will be a temporary relaxation of the required mandatory Insurance, from Sept - Dec, for applicants of the Non O-A visa.
Extensions from an O-A visa are not affected.

Yes, i think you are right.