I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Can you swim in Jomtiem beach or is that a definite no no. Assume you cannot. 

Pretty much a no. Most people here just use the hotel pools. The ocean is not a thing. Some people do wade out but I don't see people swimming per se, like in the waves or under the water, etc. Not like Mexico or California where people really get in the water.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2024 at 9:53 AM, georgegeorgia said:

I look forward to going back to a routine 

These old drunken old expats  don't have routines 

I watch one old guy every morning sit at that mini mart opposite Arcadia resort with the other drinks he then waddles up to his room in a stupor 

Please I don't want to end up with NO routine 

Waking up to do the same drinking all day 

I honestly believe these guys were NOT alcoholicd before they lived in Pattaya 

They are bored with their life's ,no routine,nothing to do etc 

So your Pattaya routine was watching the same old guy do the same thing every morning while you were there?

Didn't you find that boring?

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

I had to change places from View Talay 2B to Arcadia Continental so I was seeing new things as I went to the gym

That Arcadia Continental is like one big housing block everyone crushed in 

Yes, but it's cheap. If you want a nice lifestyle here you have to pay more.

Many guys will live in rooms here they would never consider in their home countries. I see older guys of some means in small condo's with no sit on balcony, etc. It seems like a cool (no pun intended) thing to do, but it gets old real fast (pun intended) long term.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Yes, but it's cheap. If you want a nice lifestyle here you have to pay more.

Many guys will live in rooms here they would never consider in their home countries. I see older guys of some means in small condo's with no sit on balcony, etc. It seems like a cool (no pun intended) thing to do, but it gets old real fast (pun intended) long term.

100% 

Especially these guys who were used to living in a garden house. 

Now they live in somewhere like the FLYBIRD 21sqm room with NO balcony , can get depressing real fast.

39 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

100% 

Especially these guys who were used to living in a garden house. 

Now they live in somewhere like the FLYBIRD 21sqm room with NO balcony , can get depressing real fast.

Ok, So are you hoping to find somewhere better to retire to? Do you have any idea where that will be? Or, have you just dismissed the idea for now and will re-examine the issue after saving more money?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Ok, So are you hoping to find somewhere better to retire to? Do you have any idea where that will be? Or, have you just dismissed the idea for now and will re-examine the issue after saving more money?

I can't live somewhere I'm going to stay and get bored 

If I settle somewhere I'm going to have to do something, run a business etc

Booooring everyday by that pool in view talay 2B 

Maybe if I retired full time, 6 months in Australia,6 months in Asia !

Edited by georgegeorgia

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I can't live somewhere I'm going to stay and get bored 

Booooring everyday by that pool in view talay 2B 

Maybe if I retired full time, 6 months in Australia,6 months in Asia !

Keep moving from city to city. Start in Chiang Mai and go south by train. When you hit Malaysia do a u turn and go north east. Thailand is not boring unless you stay in 1 place.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I see cleaning businesses always posting on facebook, mattress clean etc, maybe you can do that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Most guys that like Pattaya can't stand CM because the code on acceptable behavior still lingers in the North.

I have zero idea of what that means.

IMO the only difference between Pattaya and C M is that Pattaya has a decent night life and C M has a pathetic semblance of night life ( ignoring that Pattaya has a beach and is closer to Bkk ). The traffic is just as dire, and the buildings are just as ugly.

Oh I forgot. Pattaya has way better public transport than C M.

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I had to change places from View Talay 2B to Arcadia Continental so I was seeing new things as I went to the gym

That Arcadia Continental is like one big housing block everyone crushed in 

If the visit to the gym is a big deal it's not surprising you get bored easily.

Why don't you use your time to help the less fortunate? The Pattaya Orphanage is always looking for farangs to help out. You might even like it.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the visit to the gym is a big deal it's not surprising you get bored easily.

Why don't you use your time to help the less fortunate? The Pattaya Orphanage is always looking for farangs to help out. You might even like it.

Its not a good idea for Males who visit areas just to pay for sex with young woman , its not a good idea if they then go to  orphanages to play with children .

The girls in the orphanage might be in the 14-16 year old age bracket 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have zero idea of what that means.

IMO the only difference between Pattaya and C M is that Pattaya has a decent night life and C M has a pathetic semblance of night life ( ignoring that Pattaya has a beach and is closer to Bkk ). The traffic is just as dire, and the buildings are just as ugly.

Oh I forgot. Pattaya has way better public transport than C M.

Ever tried to live in Pai? 

As I'm now 80 years old, married, don't chase pussy and I've also drastically reduced my alcohol intake I find Pattaya very boring considering what my lifestyle was when I hit Sin City 24 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Ever tried to live in Pai? 

Yes. My wife got a job in Pai. Nice quiet town, with lots of nice restaurants along the lake, and a good base to explore the hills around.

No farang nightlife- never saw any other farangs while I was there.

I was OK without. I did stay in C M a whole year, and there isn't anything deserving the title there.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its not a good idea for Males who visit areas just to pay for sex with young woman , its not a good idea if they then go to  orphanages to play with children .

The girls in the orphanage might be in the 14-16 year old age bracket 

You might do well to actually have an idea of what is involved before descending to the gutter in your mind.

Pattaya orphanage doesn't cater only to young children. It also caters to disabled, elderly, homeless and blind people.

There is also a nursery where the babies are a bit young to "play with", but they do need changing, bathing and feeding.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes. My wife got a job in Pai. Nice quiet town, with lots of nice restaurants along the lake, and a good base to explore the hills around.

No farang nightlife- never saw any other farangs while I was there.

I was OK without. I did stay in C M a whole year, and there isn't anything deserving the title there.

Last time I was in Pai it was full of young backpacker types 

On 5/29/2024 at 4:08 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I need to be on a place that Stimulates my mind ,a place where people are of intelligent,and interesting

Yes, keep mopping those hospital floors. Must be really stimulating. 

15 minutes ago, susanlea said:

He left Thailand 14 years ago. Hasn't been back.

He was back last year ?

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

Don't forget the air!  Pattaya has far cleaner air than the filthy air in CM (and the rest of north Thailand, Laos and Myanmar). I'm in Pattaya right now and my lungs thank me for it.

As for old men living in small rooms in Pattaya, often this is a realistic option if their retirement income is low. IMHO, a room is mostly for sleeping in, so if the person is not housebound-disabled, then they can be out and about for all of the day, visiting the gym, people-watching on Pattaya's boardwalk, visiting the shopping centre, helping out at the orphanage etc etc.

Life is only boring for boring people 🙂

Checking IQAir pm2,5

Chiang Mai

Pattaya,

surprisingly  96 in Pai

Hua HIn 44

My home Norway 22, my home Thailand 64

Boring is good, the new good, makes you creative

Edited by Hummin

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

He was back last year ?

Checking IQAir pm2,5

Chiang Mai

Pattaya,

surprisingly  96 in Pai

Hua HIn 44

My home Norway 22, my home Thailand 64

Boring is good, the new good, makes you creative

Thaibeachlovers was last there in 2010. 

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You might do well to actually have an idea of what is involved before descending to the gutter in your mind.

Pattaya orphanage doesn't cater only to young children. It also caters to disabled, elderly, homeless and blind people.

There is also a nursery where the babies are a bit young to "play with", but they do need changing, bathing and feeding.

Men who go to a town to have sex with young ladies shouldn't be changing diapers of young girls , there is no lower age limit for paedophiles , they are attracted to babies as well 

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Men who go to a town to have sex with young ladies shouldn't be changing diapers of young girls , there is no lower age limit for paedophiles , they are attracted to babies as well 

You seem to know a lot about this subject

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

there is no lower age limit for paedophiles , they are attracted to babies as well 

OK, I'll bite.

Has anyone ever heard of someone wanting to have sex with an infant?

Me? No.

On 6/16/2024 at 11:31 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Last time I was in Pai it was full of young backpacker types 

Apologies to all. Elder brain fart. I confused Pai with Phayao.

I once passed through the bagpacker area of Pai and put it on my list of places not to visit.

My wife worked in Phayao, not Pai.