I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Isaan is fairly polluted and there are no beaches or mountains. Walking around Central mall would be the highlight of the day.

Have you ever been to Isaan? There are no salt sea beaches, but rivers, and lakes. The pollution is bad for 2-3 months like the rest of the country. 

I do not need to stay during those times, and I can travel whenever I want where I want. As said it is a great base, and a great place to be during the rain season and cold season. 

Isaan is very diverse with national parks, hills and mountains, and many beautiful places if you know where to go. Also a paradise for motorbike riding on and off road. 

I also have a fully equipped home gym with a treadmill, rowing machine, leg press, leg curl, squat rack, smith machine, pull down, seated rowing, cable cross, kettlebells and hantles up to 40kg. Freeweights of total 300kg 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Nope wouldn't like to live in a condo.

OK for a few days.

Much prefer to be able to go for a drive and have some space around me.

All good though everyone is different .

I loved Hua hin 20-25 years ago but not so much now.

condo is ok if you are high enough up, have view and no noisy neighbours and around 65m2 or bigger

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Have you ever been to Isaan? There is no salt sea beaches, but rivers, and ponds, and the pullution is bad for 2-3 months like the rest of the country. I do not need to stay during those times, and I can travel whenever I want where I want. As said it is a great base, and a great place to be during the rain season and cold season. 

Isaan is very diversed with national parks, hills and mountains, and many beautiful places if you know where to go. Also a paradise for motorbike riding on and off road. 

I also have fully equipt home gym with treadmill, rowing machine, leg press, leg curl, squat rack, smith machine, pull down, seated rowing, cable cross, kettle bells and hantles up to 40kg. 

I would actually prefer isaan than Hua hin.

Loved travelling around Isaan

I would actually prefer isaan than Hua hin.

Loved travelling around Isaan

Most have only visited their  wife or gf family there, and it is understandable if thats their only impression from Isaan. But as Said, the right location in Isaan can be as good as any other place if you do not get stuck. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

condo is ok if you are high enough up, have view and no noisy neighbours and around 65m2 or bigger

Condos are great if quiet with good gym and pool. Even better if you have good shops and restaurants nearby.

Isaan is a dust bowl with very little to do.

3 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Is just to be trolling or because you do not know better 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Condos are great if quiet with good gym and pool. Even better if you have good shops and restaurants nearby.

Sounds awful

Ok for a 1 week holiday

You really have no idea about issan but that's ok

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Has anyone ever been to a german cafe or restaurant in thailand?

Yes, at Otto in Sukhumvit 20 I believe if I do not remember wrong

Bei Otto temperary closed

1/8 Soi Sukhumvit 49

Edited by Hummin

Is just to be trolling or because you do not know better 😉

Must be sat in the condo bored .

Can't go out as can see the traffic from the window.

Bored of using the shared gym and waiting for the lift to go to 7-11

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

The lift is a hassle. I'm in an older building and I'm always waiting for the lift. Pretty slow. Nowhere to sit so getting home on a hot day have to stand there and wait all sweaty.

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Name the best attractions in Isaan then. It will be a short list.

As with any attraction when you have seen it you don't need to keep seeing or visiting.

I don't live in isaan but spent many holiday's driving around the area.

Hua hin beaches are ok at best.

Get further down south and then they really start to get nice.

Hua Hin has beaches and mountains. Bangkok has great food. Chiang Mai has great food and mountains. Kanchanaburi has nice rivers and waterfalls. Isaan has dust then more dust then a few ruins.

• Haha 1

Just now, susanlea said:

Hua Hin has beaches and mountains. Bangkok has great food. Chiang Mai has great food and mountains. Kanchanaburi has nice rivers and waterfalls. Isaan has dust then more dust then a few ruins.

Hua hin has jelly fish.

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 4:08 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I think that's New Zealand sweetie we don't have sheep in Sydney ,get off the grog ,your a unfit old fart (your words not mine) who refuses to go to the gym or achieving goals !!!!

You have done nothing but sit by that bloody pool and turn ho back to your small 21sqm room and watch A touch of Frost !

Get a life !

Let's try stimulating your brain, which you claim needs some stimulus.

New Zealand is a country, and Sydney is a city, so there are no more sheep in Auckland or any other city in NZ than in Sydney. The sheep population of Australia is more than double that of NZ.

When you return to Sydney, you can find some sheep if you drive out of city limits.

On 6/2/2024 at 5:07 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I'm happy just about to start work mopping the floors in the hospital departments , will have my coffee break after 2 hours then work another hour and have my 2 hours lunch break between 2am & 4am 

Then finish at 6am

Oh this is much better than last Sunday night sitting bored in that bloody Condo in Pattaya !!!!

Could have bought a mop and cleaned the condo building

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kwak250 said:

As with any attraction when you have seen it you don't need to keep seeing or visiting.

I don't live in isaan but spent many holiday's driving around the area.

Hua hin beaches are ok at best.

Get further down south and then they really start to get nice.

It is so great you choose not to live there. That's because it's not much good.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Lucky for the Hua Hin locals.

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

If you named the top 3 attractions I might have somewhere to go.

Part of travelling is finding ot for yourself.

Obviously you need some guidance but really try and see for yourself as I do not know what you like apart from beaches and Condos 

Just now, kwak250 said:

Part of travelling is finding ot for yourself.

Obviously you need some guidance but really try and see for yourself as I do not know what you like apart from beaches and Condos 

What things did you like about Isaan? Fairly large area. The only famous attractions are Phimai and Phanom Rung.

5 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Name the best attractions in Isaan then. It will be a short list.

Oh, where to start, but if you do not know better, Im not going to convince you about the diversity of Isaan, from world class racing track, to national parks with wild elephants, tigers, rivers, waterfalls, yes big waterfalls far in to the jungle where tigers not so long time ago killed one local, mountains, rear geolocial phenomens, whale rocks, chian Khan in Loei before you head in to the North. Nakhon ratchasima, Chaiyaphum and Loei is my favorite Isaan provinces. 

If you like motorbike riding, you got it all, but if you driving car on all the highways, you missing out 

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Where I come from, the hills in Hua Hin is not reckonend as mountain 😉

Oh, where to start, but if you do not know better, Im not going to convince you about the diversity of Isaan, from world class racing track, to national parks with wild elephants, tigers, rivers, waterfalls, yes big waterfalls far in to the jungle where tigers not so long time ago killed one local, mountains, rear geolocial phenomens, whale rocks, chian Khan in Loei before you head in to the North. Nakhon ratchasima, Chaiyaphum and Loei is my favorite Isaan provinces. 

If you like motorbike riding, you got it all, but if you driving car on all the highways, you missing out 

Nobody ever sees tigers in the wild. Wild elephants are rare too. You are talking about Khao Yai right?

17 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Yes, at Otto in Sukhumvit 20 I believe if I do not remember wrong

Bei Otto temperary closed

1/8 Soi Sukhumvit 49

Did you attempt to order a hot link with sauerkraut and hot mustard by saying:

I'll have a polish, a german and a cop. Then taking a walk of shame out when four large guys on stools along with the greasy spoon cook turned around and stared at you?

Apparently, it was a homosexual hot dog joint and you were ordering take out.