I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Nobody ever sees tigers in the wild. Wild elephants are rare too. You are talking about Khao Yai right?

I see elephants most days in Pattaya, no not soi 6 but Wat Yan

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Did you attempt to order a hot link with sauerkraut and hot mustard by saying:

I'll have a polish, a german and a cop. Then taking a walk of shame out when four large guys on stools along with the greasy spoon cook turned around and stared at you?

Apparently, it was a homosexual hot dog joint and you were ordering take out.

Oh, you say so? 

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There been several attacks the last decades in Khao Yai yes. Well the point is not see a tiger, but there is still national parks with wild life, thats the point. 

As said Im not going to convince everyone Isaan is great, because it all depends of the person, and their interests. All Im saying, Isaan is as good as any other places in Thailand if you have resources to make a good life. If you get stuck in a noisy dirty village, then there is better options to be found. 

I guess Im lucky who found a nice green valley with big enough space for a farm where we could build a good life. But I have said from day one, Im not going to be "old" there. 

For my elderly days I want a nice appartment high enough up to have decent view, and close enough to cafe shops and shopping malls as hospital. 

Be it Norway or Thailand one or the other, time will show.

Hua Hin has apartments and hospitals. 

Just now, susanlea said:

Hua Hin has apartments and hospitals. 

Hua hin have changed alot in 15 years, I expect the same for the next 15, so to early to make any plans. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Hua hin have changed alot in 15 years, I expect the same for the next 15, so to early to make any plans. 

In 15 years everywhere north of Bangkok will have severe pollution for 3 months a year. I see no improvements and it will get worse. That makes everywhere south attractive and Hua Hin is close to Bangkok if you want the best hospitals. I can only see Hua Hin improve.

7 minutes ago, susanlea said:

In 15 years everywhere north of Bangkok will have severe pollution for 3 months a year. I see no improvements and it will get worse. That makes everywhere south attractive and Hua Hin is close to Bangkok if you want the best hospitals. I can only see Hua Hin improve.

As said, not sure I will be old in Thailand at all. 

To early to make plans

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

So why not get a nicer bigger condo with nice outlook - you can afford it - do normal stuff inside like write crap here - but have nice food and entertainment for a good price outside and a nice beach to walk along. Seems like you picked a depressing cheapie even though some of those View Talay look large and nice.

Your right

I stupidly booked it for a month on Airbnb 

It was too long in one place.

And too far from Pattaya everytime jumping in baht buses in the heat etc 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There been several attacks the last decades in Khao Yai yes. Well the point is not see a tiger, but there is still national parks with wild life, thats the point. 

As said Im not going to convince everyone Isaan is great, because it all depends of the person, and their interests. All Im saying, Isaan is as good as any other places in Thailand if you have resources to make a good life. If you get stuck in a noisy dirty village, then there is better options to be found. 

I guess Im lucky who found a nice green valley with big enough space for a farm where we could build a good life. But I have said from day one, Im not going to be "old" there. 

For my elderly days I want a nice appartment high enough up to have decent view, and close enough to cafe shops and shopping malls as hospital. 

Be it Norway or Thailand one or the other, time will show.

Norway,??

Be boring wouldn't it with the cold 🥶 weather?

Try Philippines 

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Norway,??

Be boring wouldn't it with the cold 🥶 weather?

Try Philippines 

Been to Phillipines, no direct flights

Norway is great, best country I have lived in, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

What things did you like about Isaan? Fairly large area. The only famous attractions are Phimai and Phanom Rung.

There you go give yourself a pat on the back.

35 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your right

I stupidly booked it for a month on Airbnb 

It was too long in one place.

And too far from Pattaya everytime jumping in baht buses in the heat etc 

What was the monthly rate if I may ask?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

12,000 plus electric 1800

That's about what mine was, airbnb also, same building. Were you hosted by Jack?

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Call a Bolt. Sorted!

Not sorted at all. As we have said before the 2B building is a good stroll out to the street and from there one still needs to walk to where they are going. It's too far to carry a lot of groceries and a PITA to take a bolt every time, every day. Long term one probably needs a motorbike.

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You've missed the point again. There are places in Pattaya area which are quiet and easy to relax

I lived there and I disagree. Nothing in Pattaya to equal a quiet beach somewhere else.

Paradise is opening the door and walking on the sand.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nang Ram beach and Nang Rong beach close to Pattaya i go every week. Get it?

Screenshot_2024-06-06-12-33-36-811_com.google.android.apps.maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_2024-06-06-12-33-00-286_com.google.android.apps.maps~2.jpg

But you don't live on them, do you? I choose not to relax in bits, but all the time, for as long as able, which requires living in the quiet zone.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

easy to get to, shorter routes there, certainly quicker getting there than an island. Sattahip not far at all with all the flyovers, 20 mins from Sukhumvit top of Thepprasit, anyway don't go, it's much better with no tourists

Far better staying on the beach than having to make a 20 minute journey just to do nothing but look at the sea. I'll either stay on the beach, or stay at home. I live 20 minutes from a deserted beach now, but never been. Too many distractions at home to bother. That is the point of staying on the beach- no distractions.

13 hours ago, susanlea said:

Hua Hin has a nice beach in the centre of town. Can walk there.

:cheesy:

That beach is garbage IMO. Also it's got horse poo on it and almost vanishes at high tide.

I've stayed in Hua Hin and wouldn't go back- rubbish beach, rubbish town.

Go south for nice beaches.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, save the frogs said:

you aint seen nothin' yet.

you haven't been in a climate change thread where this guy eagerly anticipates the day when "Gaia will wipe us all out".

Yeah, the beaches will be lovely without humans on them.

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

True to a point.

But I'm extremely poor and I still read books ,go for walks ,go to second hand markets 

I agree.

Can use a library for books, look for bargains at Op Shops. I buy DVDs for $1 to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

That beach is garbage IMO. Also it's got horse poo on it and almost vanishes at high tide.

I've stayed in Hua Hin and wouldn't go back- rubbish beach, rubbish town.

Go south for nice beaches.

That isn't true. I doubt you have been there for years. The only part that disappears at high tide is the northern part. South of the train station the beach is great and extends for several kms.

You probably went there 15 years ago and only visited the northern part. I was on the beach in May this year. It was great. The horses are only in one small part. The water quality was also good. The beaches further south are no better at all. Ao Manao water is less clear and more shallow.

Hua Hin was OK before Hilton built that excrement in the middle of the town.

Hua Hin is better now than ever before. There are more affordable hotels and the bypass road takes traffic away from town. I even found a condo with daily rates under 500 baht with pool and gym, steakhouse next door. The condo had a convenience store and a 7/11 vending machine.

If you haven't been there for many years which clearly you haven't saying it is a rubbish town is just ignorance. I found a gym for 890 baht a month, better than any gym I have seen elsewhere for that price.

I visited all the beaches within 20km of the centre. The only bad section was north which disappears at high tide which was basically under soi 51. Above soi 61 the beach is very nice for swimming or walking. The next 2 bays have food sections.

The foodcourt in Market Village has 25 baht shakes, cheap meals and export shop for clothes.

Far better staying on the beach than having to make a 20 minute journey just to do nothing but look at the sea. I'll either stay on the beach, or stay at home. I live 20 minutes from a deserted beach now, but never been. Too many distractions at home to bother. That is the point of staying on the beach- no distractions.

You watch $1 movies instead of going to the beach and have not visited Thailand in years have you not? What year did you last visit Hua Hin or any other Thai beach?

17 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Hua Hin is better now than ever before. There are more affordable hotels and the bypass road takes traffic away from town. I even found a condo with daily rates under 500 baht with pool and gym, steakhouse next door. The condo had a convenience store and a 7/11 vending machine.

If you haven't been there for many years which clearly you haven't saying it is a rubbish town is just ignorance. I found a gym for 890 baht a month, better than any gym I have seen elsewhere for that price.

I visited all the beaches within 20km of the centre. The only bad section was north which disappears at high tide which was basically under soi 51. Above soi 61 the beach is very nice for swimming or walking. The next 2 bays have food sections.

The foodcourt in Market Village has 25 baht shakes, cheap meals and export shop for clothes.

Please, get him to move into your building then. And make sure he doesn't have internet so we don't get any more of the whining posts the OP is known for.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1