Thailand Visa Exemption (60 days) and Visa On Arrival (VOA) (15 days)

15 minutes ago, kwilco said:

what this thread is about!

June 1st.  You get 60 days Visa exempt from specific countries.

Still confused?  Sorry I can’t help you.

• Confused 4

Saw a video clip from TNT on YouTube. He showed that while last Wednesday they were saying June 1st, an update from Friday said "late June or early July" for these new rules. (He showed a screenshot of the Friday changes.)

This, of course, would explain why people arriving on June 1 & 2 were still getting 30-day Exemption stamps, and not the new 60-day stamp.

What Thailand shares with my first wife is.......

They are not indecisive...... they are multidecisive!

"Wait right here, please. A new decision will be along any moment!"

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, jimn said:

The UK government website has now changed back to 30 days. Obviously everyone has jumped the gun.

Yes, I also received that notification earlier today - any reference to 60-day visa-exempt has been removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Yes, I also received that notification earlier today - any reference to 60-day visa-exempt has been removed.

In a place where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, here's the problem...... *wink*

Screenshot_2024-06-04-17-35-44-19_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

The latest 60 days visa-exempt tourist stays are delayed. - Pattaya Mail 

Like most media, Pattaya Mail jumped the gun by stating that the 30 days on arrival by air, land and sea was doubled to 60 days at the beginning of the month. We apologize for our carelessness. The statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has to be confirmed by various bureaucracies prior to implementation.

The Ministry’s September 1 start date for the new DTV (Destination Thailand Visa) and the reduction in medical insurance required by O/A retiree visas and extensions of stay is also unconfirmed. Both subjects could be delayed further if linked to a “reconstruction” of retiree visas as suggested in the original press handout.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/the-latest-60-days-visa-exempt-tourist-stays-are-delayed-462315

I know it's a bit late, but I came in on the 2nd June and asked for the 60 day, imm guy said not yet, what do you want, so I said 30 days.

Also, I didn't need to purchase a return ticket as the airline didn't ask to show it.

Also that yellow book you get after your Thai identity card came in handy at the motor transport place, paying yearly road tax and registration check.

Because I just had a Tourist entry stamp they were hesitant about re-registering my car until I produced the yellow book.

My O extension expired while I was away

I re-post here a mail-message from Brett (Learn Thai from a White Guy) who confirms that yesterday evening 7th June he did only get a 30-day Permission to stay on arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport. 

= = =

สวัสดีครับ! 

I saw a nice award miles deal on Qatar Airlines earlier this week so I booked a last minute flight over to Bangkok.  It did seem like Qatar Airways which used to be my favorite has gone downhill a bit since I last used them.  The airport was a mad house. 

Despite all the news headlines and a number of government sites reporting a June 1st start date, I'm disappointed to report that I landed in Thailand last night (June 7th) and was given a 30 day stamp.   

I'll report in again when there is evidence that they've actually implemented the 60 day visa exemption.   If anyone makes it over here later and expereiences differently, I'd like to hear about it.  

No word yet on the DTV 5 year visa.  I've heard Sept 1st, but I wouldn't lock in any plans based on that.  

Best,

Brett

Update:

Some Royal Thai Embassies/Consulates have now posted updates about 60 days visa exemption "coming soon:.

Royal Thai Embassy Canberra, Australia:

Effective soon ! Ordinary Passport holders from 93 Countries and Territories including #Australia 🇦🇺 #Fiji 🇫🇯 #PapuaNewGuinea 🇵🇬 and #Tonga 🇹🇴 will be entitled to visa exemption for the purpose of TOURISM and SHORT-TERM BUSINESS ENGAGEMENTS for a period of not exceeding 60 DAYS.
Effective date and the full list of Thailand’s 🇹🇭 new visa exemption scheme will be announced upon the completion of final legal procedures.

445924656_7688016001289188_6887107575619606165_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/100072061971178/posts/476206001458128/?rdid=GdhHUc8XTjo6RF0m

Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 18.58.24.png

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

I just got a 60 day stamp. Russian passport 😜

That's something else for Russia passport holders:

temporary visa exemption for visitors from Russia not exceeding 60 days, effective from 1 May 2024 to 31 July 2024. 

On 6/12/2024 at 3:42 AM, anotherfarangishere said:

Nothing to know if this new 60 days exemption visa could be extended for 30 days?

There is nothing to suggest that the 30 extension will not apply.

Changes to the 30 day extension are separate from changes to the entry time given for visa exempt entries. AFIK the 30 day extensions have not been changed in the past when the visa exempt period changed.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is nothing to suggest that the 30 extension will not apply.

Changes to the 30 day extension are separate from changes to the entry time given for visa exempt entries. AFIK the 30 day extensions have not been changed in the past when the visa exempt period changed.

I agree with you but sometimes Thailand is so "amazing"...

23 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

And then back to 90 days 🙃

Love Thailand

YES, youre lucky

just tell I arrive BKK airport 12.6  only 30 days DE (EU) passport , not 60days

I'm travelling to Thailand on 22nd July.

Is this new 60 day visa exempt rule going to happen before then?

If not, is everyone using the eVisa?  I'm currently doing an application on there but it's much more complicated than it needs to be.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the eVisa to process?  And are they generally successful?

TIA

A usa friend arrived bkk airport yesterday  june 20....he speaks decent thai and specifically asked the immigration officer when the new 60 day stamps would be given.  Officer told him July 15.

No idea if this is official or not but hope springs eternal.